[MOVED] The speed of light is the only constant, and "is" "time", etc...

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The speed of light is the only constant, and "is" "time", etc... Everything, absent of gravity, is all expanding equally outward equally everywhere, from everything, etc, at the exact speed of light, or time, equally everywhere, etc... It is constant, and is the constant, and is the only constant, etc... The speed of light or time, etc, dictates time, etc, the speed of light does, etc... Gravity is the counter-force, etc, and is what can work against it, etc, or change or alter it, etc, drawing things in toward one another against this flow rate or speed of light or constant rate of expansion or time, etc, (perpetually happening equally everywhere, etc)... It does not change, and maybe has never changed, etc, and could have been like this, (and may continue to go/be like this) for a very, very... very, very, very, long, long time, etc, since it is time, etc, dictates time, etc...

The only force that affects or changes it is gravity, etc, and other than that it is all pretty much "all" "relative", etc... Relative to how these two forces are acting and/or interacting, etc, and affecting everything, etc... Including us, etc, and our vantage point, etc, and also "everything else", etc... All relative, etc, to gravity and the speed of light or time, etc, nothing is a constant except light and the speed of light and/or time, and then, also gravity also, etc... Nothing else matters, etc, because besides those, or apart from those, it (everything else and us, etc) it is "all" "relative", etc...

These two forces maybe could be, and maybe, maybe always have been (as far as we can know or tell from our observations, etc), maybe be or always have been in perfect harmony or balance with one another, as far a the "whole of the entire universe" is concerned, etc, which would mean the universe (as far as we know or can know) maybe might have never had a beginning, and maybe might not ever have and or no end, etc...?

Discuss...?

God Bless!

Last edited:

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Gravity can affect time, does affect time, and can change it's rate of flow,and does everywhere, etc, either speeding it up, or slowing it down, etc, (so it's all relative, etc) also, as you go faster (or slower) time can speed up or slow down, or slow down or speed up, etc... But, going "back in time", etc...? The only way they say that can done and/or accomplished is by going beyond the speed of light, perhaps way beyond it, etc, but I don't think that's possible, not in or from this dimension anyway, you'd have to go or be beyond or out of this (physical) dimension entirely for that to even begin to be possible I think, cause pushing matter and/or physical material beyond or passed the speed of light, you'd be tearing at the very fabric of space or time, in or from this dimension anyway, so I just don't think it's in any way even conceivably possible right now, not even conceivably, etc... You'd also be breaking the boundary or barrier of time itself, since the speed of light is time, and time is the speed of light, etc...

Anyway,

Discuss...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Oh and there is one other way they say that going back in time can theoretically (some say) can be accomplished, etc, and that is, going to or through or flying through/into the exact center/epicenter of a black hole... But, as far as we know, it/they suck in and destroy/annihilate everything, everything pertaining to this dimension anyway, including not just physical matter and material, but also light and time its/themselves also, etc...

So, good luck with that, still being bound to this dimension, etc...

Anyway,

Discuss...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The speed of light is the only constant

The total energy is constant.
Atheists are very consistent.
Self centered stories about how bad forum-newbies have it in this life are consistent.
Women chasing losers......
men waiting for God to send them obedient wives is a constant.
God is patient.
That is constant.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The total energy is constant.
Atheists are very consistent.
Self centered stories about how bad forum-newbies have it in this life are consistent.
Women chasing losers......
men waiting for God to send them obedient wives is a constant.
God is patient.
That is constant.
You are right, the total amount of energy is another constant, that always remains constant, etc, no matter what, etc, (must have forgot about that one, etc) (or I just thought it wasn't really entirely relevant to the contants I was discussing maybe, and so it slipped my mind, etc)...

And God being patient/loving/kind, forgiving, etc, is a constant as well also.

The rest was funny...

Consistent and persistent...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Einstein predicted that if a ship approached light-speed it would start to become more massive, requiring greater and greater energy to increase in speed. Ultimately, before breaking the light speed barrier, it would become infinitely massive. But as it approached light speed, time would also slow down for it and its occupants, relative to others outside the ship.

So... why the heck would it become more massive as it sped up? And experience less time?
Well, you can think of space-time like a body of water.
Have you even been in a swimming pool and tried to lift your friend out of the water? At first you can, it's easier and they are lighter, because the water is providing buoyancy. But the more you lift your friend out of the water, the heavier and heavier he becomes.

It's not that he's becoming more massive, his mass isn't changing. But as he is lifted out of the pool, there is less and less buoyancy from the pool to help you lift him.

In the same way, a ship approaching lightspeed begins to 'hydroplane' out of the universe as it were. It is forsaking the buoyancy of the universe and so seems to become more and more massive the more it tries to push itself out. Also, time is an artifact of our universe. The closer to lightspeed the ship gets, the more it is outside, the less time it experiences.

And there's really nothing with any mass outside our universe, so if it goes outside, there is no buoyancy *at all*... how massive is the ship then? Well, it's the most massive thing in all of existence, because where it is, it's the *only* thing that exists.

Kind of a nasty trap if you ask me - you can try to break light speed if you want to, but if you have *any* material mass at all when you do this, succeeding means black-holing yourself eternally - infinite mass, and no time flow.

It seems that God does not like hackers.

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,685.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Everything, absent of gravity, is all expanding equally outward equally everywhere, from everything, etc, at the exact speed of light, or time, equally everywhere, etc...
This isn't so. That rather undermines your thesis, so I stopped here. If you can demonstrate it is so I shall continue. Of course, if you only wish the gullible to attend to your notions you will not bother to reply. I'm fine with that too. Either way. Your choice.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
This isn't so. That rather undermines your thesis, so I stopped here. If you can demonstrate it is so I shall continue. Of course, if you only wish the gullible to attend to your notions you will not bother to reply. I'm fine with that too. Either way. Your choice.
No matter where you are at in the universe, it always appears that you are the center and that everything is expanding outward from you with things moving faster away from you the further out you go, or look, etc, and it appears that way everywhere, or from wherever you are in it, etc.

But that is not the way it actually is, etc.

God Bless!

Upvote 0

chilehed

Veteran
Jul 31, 2003
Michigan
✟237,116.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The speed of light is the only constant...
No.
  • Fine structure constant.
  • Proton-to-electron mass ratio
  • Coupling constant for the strong force
  • Gravitational coupling constant
  • Vacuum permittivity
  • Planck constant
  • Gravitational constant

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
No.
  • Fine structure constant.
  • Proton-to-electron mass ratio
  • Coupling constant for the strong force
  • Gravitational coupling constant
  • Vacuum permittivity
  • Planck constant
  • Gravitational constant
My point was about the speed of light and time, and also gravity, and how those relate to one another in the universe and time and space, etc.

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,642.00
Faith
Atheist
My point was about the speed of light and time, and also gravity, and how those relate to one another in the universe and time and space, etc.
Yeah, but the speed of light is not a force and gravity doesn't act in opposition to it...

I'm glad you've understood that the expansion is occurring everywhere in space, but it's not happening at the speed of light; although the further apart two objects are in space, the more expanding space is between them, so beyond a certain separation distance they will be receding from each other faster than the speed of light.

An alternative, possibly easier, way to visualise Special Relativity is to consider that we always move through spacetime (space and time) at the speed of light; i.e. our spacetime vector is a constant length. So when stationary with respect to some reference frame, i.e. not moving through space, we move through time at the maximum rate - 1 second per second - relative to the reference frame. The faster we move through space, the slower we move through time relative to that frame, until, as we approach the speed of light, we're almost frozen in time relative to it (dt ~0).

Then you can see that, in General Relativity, gravity warps spacetime so that the shortest route through space between two points takes the longest time ;)

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟299,733.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

I thought it was a cry for help. Your posts don't make any sense.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,685.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
No matter where you are at in the universe, it always appears that you are the center and that everything is expanding outward from you with things moving faster away from you the further out you go, or look, etc, and it appears that way everywhere, or from wherever you are in it, etc.

But that is not the way it actually is, etc.

God Bless!
Irrelevant. You claimed that the expansion was at the speed of light. @FrumiousBandersnatch has already corrected you on this. Such a basic error eliminates any confidence a reader might have in your argument. I recommend taking more care with accuracy and precision in your posts if you wish them to be given serious attention.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Yeah, but the speed of light is not a force and gravity doesn't act in opposition to it...

The speed of light (or light itself) could most definitely said to be a "force", why do you think it could not be that way...?

And gravity it's counteracting force, again, why do you say that it or they could not be that way, etc...? and is it or that just because of what you were taught or told maybe, maybe...?

I'm glad you've understood that the expansion is occurring everywhere in space, but it's not happening at the speed of light; although the further apart two objects are in space, the more expanding space is between them, so beyond a certain separation distance they will be receding from each other faster than the speed of light.

How can, or why do, objects appear to be moving away from us as the center (which also can't be true)... Anyway, how can or why do, objects appear to be moving away from us as the center at an accelerating rate of speed, even going beyond the speed of light, at so much of a distance past us or away from us, etc, and are, "what?", beyond that (point or boundary) (that we can't see past, etc) (but know is/are there, more than likely, etc) Anyway, are moving away from us at speeds well beyond the speed of light the more and more so past that boundary (theoretically) the more or further out past that boundary they are or get, etc...?

I think it's much more likely that "this" is an illusion, and that it is really all expanding all out equally and all out equally away from each other at the exact speed of light equally everywhere (with no center, etc)...

This makes nearly all of everything all "relative" though...?

An alternative, possibly easier, way to visualise Special Relativity is to consider that we always move through spacetime (space and time) at the speed of light; i.e. our spacetime vector is a constant length.

And that constant length or vector or speed is the speed of light equally everywhere...?

So when stationary with respect to some reference frame, i.e. not moving through space, we move through time at the maximum rate - 1 second per second - relative to the reference frame.

Nothing could be stationary, or all might be said to be stationary, it's all "relative", etc, all of it, etc, "relative" to where you are at in it and your own vantage point, or perspective point, or point of view, etc, speed, distance, motion, all relative to everything else, etc, which makes it all relative, doesn't it...

Which is why I say that the exact speed of light is time, controls the flow or folding or unfolding of time, etc, and is the only the only constant or consistent "thing" in the universe, and is everything and dictates all and everything, etc, with only gravity changing or altering it or affecting it or bending it, etc, and even that is relative sometimes, since gravity also sometimes "bends time" also, etc...

The faster we move through space, the slower we move through time relative to that frame, until, as we approach the speed of light, we're almost frozen in time relative to it (dt ~0).

Yes, I know this part... But what is faster or slower other than a reference point from a certain perspective or point of view all of which is all always "relative", etc...?

Then you can see that, in General Relativity, gravity warps spacetime so that the shortest route through space between two points takes the longest time ;)

If time slows "for you" and (only) from your reference point the faster you are going or moving through it (spacetime) (or time-time, etc), then how does it take longer, since it (time) only slows (for you) as you are moving faster or are covering more distance (or space or ground) in a shorter amount of time (through it) (spacetime, or time-time, etc)...?

Or is it only longer from the reference point you left, etc, and how does that not make it or nearly everything, all "relative" to everything else, etc...? And how does that not make it all, all pretty much all relative, etc...?

Anyway,

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
And I am talking about "extra-super-galactic scales" here, if we consider that the observable universe (a trillion or more galaxies, 46.5 billion light years in every direction) is only a "very, very small portion" of the "entire universe", etc, because if that is the case, then everything expanding equally at the exact speed of light equally away from each other everywhere, on those scales, etc, would actually only all be happening pretty slowly, in relative relation to that, etc, with no center possibly, like slowly stretching out or pulling on a canvas, etc, only in three dimensions, etc, if were going to be talking about the "entire universe" here, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Then there is another logic problem I am having here, if something 46.5 billion light years away from us is truly also is or has been traveling at that same speed in light years (or speed of light) away from us, etc, then you have to dial is back to account for that, which is not such a big deal if were talking about a thing at say 10% that distance away from us, moving at 10% the speed of light, etc, cause then you just have dial it back a little bit or 10% of that, etc, which would only put it 10% in closer to us then where we are actually seeing or observing it from, etc, but when your talking 100%, and then you have to dial it back 100% to account for that many years of distance of speed travel (at light speed, etc), then it should put it's actual position in space "right on top of us", etc, which can't be right or can't be so, etc, but yet that is what you have to do, etc...?

Anyway,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟299,733.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Oh, and, I hate to tell you, but the "entire universe" has got to be far, far, far "older" than just 13.8 billion years old, hate to tell you...

God Bless!

OK, then how old do you think it is, and show your work, or I feel justified to dismiss it. (The scientific consensus of 13.8 or 13.7 billion years is backed by hundreds and thousands of scientific studies full of data and analysis. So the ball's in your court.)

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
OK, then how old do you think it is, and show your work, or I feel justified to dismiss it. (The scientific consensus of 13.8 or 13.7 billion years is backed by hundreds and thousands of scientific studies full of data and analysis. So the ball's in your court.)
The simple fact that the edge of the known "observable universe" is 46.5 billion light years away (or old), and also that it has to be much, much larger than that, should be a dead giveaway, etc... Not to mention "everything else" I already mentioned in prior posts here, etc...

Do you think we are the center of the universe...?

Cause that is how it "appears", etc...?

I explain it by saying we just don't have a large enough sample yet, etc, and if it's "that big", etc, no way in heck it can only be 13.8 billion years old, etc...

It also appears to be "accelerating" (supposedly) (cause I don't think that is true, etc) outward away from us as the center (which also can't be true), etc...

I suggest that it's happening and has been happening (the expansion) at the same rate of speed uniformly and equally everywhere (and not accelerating or decelerating ever) with no center, etc, except for where you are, etc, and on a large enough scale, I propose that that speed, is the speed of light, happening equally and uniformly everywhere, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
(The scientific consensus of 13.8 or 13.7 billion years is backed by hundreds and thousands of scientific studies full of data and analysis. So the ball's in your court.)

And is also very old, and is all based on very old data, when that data or info "worked", etc, but does not now anymore, etc...

Time to get more up to date information I think, that is based on much more current up to date data, I think...

God Bless!

Upvote 0