Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian

Monty Child's responds to a "critic" of the SAFIRE program and explains the program in a great interview.

IMO this video explains quite a bit about the SAFIRE program, including the fact that it is a "business" with financial investors, it's not just a research program. That does tend to explain why they aren't heavily fixated on publishing a lot of papers (other than the one I listed in the OP), and why they're a bit "vague" at times about their results and details of their experiments.

Monty also explains some of the pitfalls of trying to "explain" events that don't seem to match up well and/or are not explained well by other plasma physics experiments. The term "transmutation" for instance is used rather intentionally to carefully avoid the assumption of fusion in the chamber. He's also careful not to mention the type of "catalyst" being used to generate these unusually energy releases so that they have time to A) understand them properly, and B) patent anything that they can to protect their financial investment before "giving" that information away.

The other interesting information from the video is that the "team" involved in SAFIRE is actually quite an impressive group.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
thread moved.png

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
For people's information, the SAFIRE project abandoned being science a couple of years ago. It is now a cold fusion touting business looking for investors.
The project was based on abysmal ignorance of astrophysics. The electric sun it failed to test is the idea that the Sun is externally powered by invisible electric currents and is not powered by internal fusion at the Sun's core. It is the latter that turns the electric sun into a delusion as any astronomy 101 student knows. A body of plasma such as the Sun will have conditions at its core where fusion must happen. Easily understood physics says all stable stars have to be internally heated. Simply put, the weight of plasma above a depth increases with depth, needs increasing pressure to support it and thus temperature increases. To get a temperature decreasing from the core, the heat source has to be at the core. White dwarf stars are what happens when a star runs out of fusion at their core. The electric sun turns the Sun into a white dwarf!
We have detected the neutrino flux from the fusion needed to power the Sun. We have detected neutrino's from the p-p chain that is 99% of the fusion. Lately we detected neutrino's from the CNO reaction that is 1% of the fusion. Thus the fusion is definitely happening. The electric sun either ignores this or has fusion in the solar atmosphere which fries us with gamma rays! The "light" from fusion is gamma radiation. Fusion at the core means that absorption turns this into the light emitted. Fusion in the atmosphere basically turns ever photon that falls onto the Earth into a gamma ray.

Lowell Morgan who was the only actual physicist on the SAFIRE project (left in 2017) has written "EU concept is fraudulent ********", "they don't really know any physics or mathematics to speak of", "Monty and the others were making fraudulent statements" in emails quoted in a Professor Dave video.
The SAFIRE Project Is Not Real Science (Electric Sun Model Debunked)
A May 2017 Quora comment from Lowell Morgan:
as far as i know, Tony Peratt remains extant. as with pretty much all the EU/ES/EC speculations (which i know lots about as i know most of the principals in the area), there is no substance, just hand waving speculations. they eschew mathematics, which for 2400 years has been closely intertwined with physical science. hence, they have no predictive capability and no serious models for any process. they are not rejected by mainstream physics as almost no professional physicists have even heard of the EU, etc. they castigate Einstein categorically although they’re not aware that Einstein made major discoveries in a half dozen different subjects. what they don’t like are one or both of the relativity theories although few, if any, of them have any technical understanding of the theories. the relativities & quantum mechanics are among the most accurate theories in modern physics, confirmed experimentally time & time again. and used, like calculus, on a daily basis. it appears as though the EU fans really want physics to end in the 19th century and look for explanations of all phenomena in terms of the pre-20th century physics. they’re just wrong or as Wolfgang Pauli might have said, there’s so little there that it’s not even wrong. i suspect that the recent interest in the topic is part of trending “death of expertise”, as it’s being called. anyone can put anything on the Internet and it has a leveling effect where in many, if not most, people feel that their opinion is a good as that of anyone else; as good as the opinions of professional scientists who, as have i, have worked in the field for half a century. ultimately it matters little because science will move along and the fringe will remain, well, the fringe

Upvote 0