• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Featured [MOVED] Loosing faith completely

Discussion in 'Requests for Christian Advice' started by James Hays, Oct 1, 2020.

1. James Hays

James Hays New Member

+19
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I'm not sure what to do about it? I'm completely loosing faith. The Bible says that God will answer our prayers and bring us what we ask him for in our prayers but I've been getting almost everything EXCEPT for what I've been praying for. So I'm loosing faith now and I'm not sure it can ever be turned around at this point. Its been going on too long and the so called Christians around seem to act like anything but Christians.

God says that he brings us what we ask for in prayer. In many ways I have been actually getting the opposite of that so God isn't truthful. Yes I'm loosing faith completely and don't know if it can be restored now. I've been a Christian since I was a child but now I'm not sure anymore about it.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. LoveGodsWord

LoveGodsWord Well-Known Member

+2,066
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    Hi James,

Gods promises are conditional on us believing and following his Word. If we are not believing and following God's Word according to the scriptures God will not hear us *Isaiah 59:2; Proverbs 28:9. Even if we are believing and following God's Word then God is our heavenly father who loves us and knows what is best for us. Some things we may ask for may not always be what is best for us. Your father in heaven loves you and knows what is best for you and wants you to trust in Him. Sometimes he tests us to see if we will truly follow him or not. I know for me the promise in Matthew 6:33 has helped me very much in my life. I pray it might be a blessing for you.

May God bless you as you seek him through his Word.

3. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) <><

+6,259
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    God does answer prayer, James. Like the above poster said, we need to stay in God's word to make sure we're asking things according to His will. And when we are, we know we have those petitions that we've asked of Him. It takes time, however. God is testing you to see and show YOU how much you want the Gifter above any gifts.

4. Basil the Great

Basil the Great Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,415
    Christian
    Private
    US-Green
    Sadly, it is far to common an occurrence that so called Christians do not act much like Christians. Such reminds me of Jesus' warning in Matthew that many will call him 'Lord, Lord', but he will turn to them and tell them that he never knew them. The bottom line is that we must place our trust in God and try not to be too disappointed by others, even family members and friends and fellow Christians.

5. Blade

Blade Veteran Supporter

+2,233
    Christian
    Married
    Your going to get all kinds of different answers here. What I can say is.. and it will be hard. Know your Father GOD is never against you He is for you. Know that He always hears you. So that means you don't listen to what you hear what you see what you feel. Walk by faith. Where ever there is doubt.. that is not of God not from God so don't listen to it..resist it.

I like using fear as an example. In the mist of fear I say "no God has not given me the spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mind. He has given me the joy of the lord". I say this I believe this even when this flesh feels fear. See He can't lie. I do not speak His word hoping it will happen.. it already has. Christ said I give you my peace not as the world gives, Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful. <--this He already did it.. just receive it by faith.

He said delight your self in the lord He will WILL give you the desires of your heart. What ever you ask the Father in MY NAME He will do it. What ever you desire when you pray believe you receive it you shall have it. If we know He hears us then we KNOW we HAVE the petitions we asked for..etc

See He can't lie. So if we are not receiving then were asking wrong, asking for selfish reasons. So when you ask KNOW He hears you know He will answer. Its not GOD telling us what we can and can't have..its man and the enemy. Hmm say I needed a way to work. For me to pray for a new car to get to work.. a good luck (there is no luck in heaven). So walking to work.. see this old motorcycle in the weeds. Never noticed it before. Lol.. for this I have to say I had a dream just before this. In the dream I was riding this motorcycle 185 Yamaha. So I went to the guy he said.. ah just take it. What was it? 185 Yamaha. So cheap to get it fixed. Do you see? Thats a NEED.

No matter what it is. So in time as we grow and are faithful in little things.. He will give us use us in greater things. There is some kind of myth about God and giving. The truth about God is.. He LOVES to give. Its hard for us to understand this. Here on this earth NOTHING is ever free..no one gives anything unless they want something in return. You me have no idea no clue as to how LOVED we are by our Father.

So you ask.. you try to make sure it goes in line with the word of God. You don't wonder you don't guess you KNOW the moment you asked ..He has already answered it. He already has set into motion the answer. DON'T DON'T put a time limit on God. You just rejoice...know He heard you and that He will answer. His will you ask? HELLO! Its the BIBLE! His word is His will.

So when I pray I make sure there is no sin in my life (unrepented).. no unforgiveness so forth so on. I try to make sure I worship Him every morning..giving Him thanks for everything He has given me. I don't have to DO good things or else He wont answer..not how this works. But sin and what not can get in the way and doubt? Will ALWAYS stop it.

Remember when the Angel came to Daniel with the answer? He said.. God heard you answered the moment you prayed but the enemy with stood that angel for 21 days and he had to call on Michael for help. So GOD already answered.. Daniel had no clue.. just walked by faith. No matter what you see hear feel.. KNOW God will always keep His word. So I pray His word...in some way or fashion.

:) So much of this is meat.. sorry and I am not good with words. Read Isa 41:10. Then think could this GOD know when that was 1st spoken that YOU would reading it now? Yes.. it was written for you. All the promises are yours. You are as Issac was a child of promise. YOU need to pray seek Him ask the holy Spirit as you read that word to open your eyes. YOU need to find all this out on your own. DO NOT take my word for it. Why say that? Because GOD JESUS and the sweet sweet Holy Spirit are real.

He has never left you nor forsaken you.. you are in His arms.. and He is NEVER EVER letting go. Don't listen to doubt. Remember GOD can not lie.. Satan can only lie so FLIP the lies. Your brake through is about to happen. Not a hope.. a truth. Just sit and think some time about " GOD.. GOD always hears me? The prodigal son... your the son.. what did the Father do? You didn't run to Him.. HE RAN TO YOU! You are so loved.. And He KNOWS YOU! The enemy has just been lying to you.

6. GraceBro

GraceBro Eternally Forgiven, Alive, and Secure.

+431
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Sorry to hear about your struggle. Perhaps, the things you are expecting God to bring you, He has not promised to give to you. Also, many of the things He promises to give are conditional on us first meeting requirements that we will never uphold. The Mosaic Law is where you see God promising to bless the flesh of those who are obedient to it. However, nobody can obey the law. Therefore, God is not obligated to give us those things. When it comes to faith in Jesus Christ, we have every spiritual blessing and everything we need for life and godliness. If you are not experiencing these blessings, it may be because you don't know what they are. It has been my experience that many Christians don't want spiritual blessings but physical ones. When they don't receive what they ask for, they end up questioning their faith. Honestly, that is a good thing because the things they believe God for aren't true.

7. FutureAndAHope

FutureAndAHope Just me Supporter

+1,407
    Christian
    Married
    Prayers are not always answered straight away, some are not answered at all. Most people of faith go through a time of difficulties before coming out into the promise that God has made. Joseph as an example was given the promise from God of rulership, yet was sold as a slave, and went to prison, before being made a ruler. David was told he would be king, yet was chased by saul for many years. You need to hang onto the promise.

8. Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,568
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Many people are going to fall away for various reasons.

Because of temptations, persecution, pride, frustration, torment, demons, money etc.

9. plain jayne

plain jayne Member

+191
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Here is what Jesus Christ ACTUALLY said: “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it." John 14:12-14

Here are the steps:
    • BELIEVE in Jesus Christ.
    • You will be doing the works that Christ did.
    • And MORE [Not in quality, but in quantity as there are more than 12 disciples today.]
    • Ask in the Name of Jesus Christ [for these things].
    • He will DO that so that the Father may be glorified.
    Are these the things you are asking for?

10. Dave G.

Dave G. Well-Known Member

+4,163
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Santa Clause lives at the north pole. Nobody ever said the Christian life is easy, in fact from Jesus to Paul we are warned the opposite and our rewards are stored in heaven. When rightful ownership is transferred from darkness to light we are promised salvation, joint heir-ship with Christ and many things . Jesus says His grace is sufficient. But what a glorious afterlife. Too much TV will have promises of a purple Cadillac in your yard in the morning . But if you live in alignment with God it truly is amazing how life seems to fall in place starting here and will go beyond all the way to the throne room.

God has been good to me, I've been blessed but I also had to be straightened out at least a couple of times. When we stray we lose that connection and even can start losing faith. You're definitely going in the wrong direction. Don't be a casualty of these times we are living in, open your bible start taking in some classes or studies, come into alignment with God, lose some fleshy ideas and start thinking and living in the spirit. We turn to Him and He provides and none of us can tell you what that will look like for you. Only God knows. Be thankful He does because the other guys ideas mean total destruction.

11. Stone-n-Steel

Stone-n-Steel Active Member Supporter

+324
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Hello James,

I think I know where you are getting your scripture from and can understand how you are confused and disappointed in what you have read. At this point I recommend that you take a step back from your Christian experience that you grew up with and take a fresh look at the scriptures.

An interesting thing about the Bible is that it has much to say to many people in many situations, but God does not address everyone with the same instructions. As silly as it might sound we are not told to build an ark to be saved as Noah did and keeping the Law that was given to Moses is also not a requirement for salvation.

Perhaps you have been focused on the message that Jesus gave to Israel while he was in earthly form. Or maybe you are looking at the ministry of Peter and the eleven. Have you looked at the letters Paul wrote specifically for our understanding?

God is very interested in your life and ALWAYS wants the best for you. However the primary part of the bible written for you to follow is the message Paul wrote. Every thing in the bible was written for you to learn who God is, but just like in real life, He speaks to others for us to learn about.

I pray that God gives you enlightenment as to His purpose for you from the bible.

12. 1watchman

1watchman Overseer Supporter

+936
    Christian
    Married
    Good advice, Stone! We need to take "all the counsel of God" and thus be "rightly dividing the Word of Truth" as told by our God. Many readers of the Bible 'cherry pick' verses and build doctrine on it, and reason that God is not doing right ---a VERY BAD and dangerous state of mind. We need Bible-only and to understand the Gospel FIRST (as John 3; John 14; Romans 8; etc). ---receive and trust the Lord Jesus as our Savior and Lord of our life; then embrace all the New Testament for our guidance, rather than try to live by the Old Testament religion of Israel or various religious cults.

Reasonings of our flesh is not the way to know the mind of God! Believing about God and some teachings of the Lord Jesus, is only listening to PARTS of the Bible. DAILY reading first in the New Testament to learn the Gospel, then see Acts and the Epistles is the way to learn of God's path.

13. James Hays

James Hays New Member

+19
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Be that as it may a common thread I read in lots of your post is something along the lines of God is always good so if bad things are happening then its mans' fault not Gods' fault. Well where I am right now there are a lot of evil things being done that are extremely upsetting to me. Sure and people are the one's doing the evil things. So great lets, for the sake of argument, assume that God is always good as you all will way. The fact is that many evil things are happening here and many people who say they are Christian's have been participating in the evil acts.

You'll say things like "God cannot lie" "all lies are of the devil" "all deceitfulness is of the devil" "God is always good".

1st question:
    However the reality here is that a lot of evil things have been happening AND a lot of people who claim to be Christian folk are participating in the evil, lying, hurtful, dishonest, deceitful things. Because of that how can I believe 'them' anymore when they start spouting Bible verses to me out of the other side of their necks?
    When the same people talking about "God is Good and all evil is from the devil" yet their behavior is lying, deceitful, hurtful, dishonest, and therefore sinful behavior, all the things the Bible says about the devil, how can I believe in the sincerity or veracity of anything they say when they start spouting Bible verses to me? Answer that one.

2nd question:
    In the scripture's does Jesus ever give us permission to sin?

14. Tolworth John

Tolworth John Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,192
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Married
    May I ask what you were putting your trust/faith in?

In Jesus as an atoning sacrifice or in a heavenly sugar daddy.

15. 1watchman

1watchman Overseer Supporter

+936
    Christian
    Married
    I can understand your concerns, James, but remember that Satan is called: "the god of this world" the 'beguiler", and he goes about seeking to deceive by urging the mind of men to all manner of rebellious thoughts, etc. (note even Adam and Eve). Do not allow Satan to turn your mind from the Creator-God who loves His world, His children, and will in time take His "bride" ---the Church up to Himself, and then deal with the Deceiver and all rebellious souls. NEVER rebel against the Holy Word Of God! Read it daily, friend, and stop trying to reason beyond the Word of God. Start being humble, and receive the Lord Jesus while there is yet time (note John 3; John 14; etc.).

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
  16. Dave G.

Dave G. Well-Known Member

+4,163
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Man will always disappoint you, seek God. The idea in the thread is to be seeking Him. Many people claim to be Christians who really are not. You don't decide to go to church and you are now Christian, being Christian is to be reborn of your spirit into the light by way of Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. You will know the Christian by his fruit. Obviously what you indicate above is rotten fruit. Even so, we all have a bad day.

We say something in our church, " don't walk by sight but by the spirit". Sometimes things look sour, you overcome that by the spirit. God works in mysterious ways. Say you hand someone a bible tract and they crumble it up and toss it on the ground. You could say from that, it's not worth handing these things out. What you aren't seeing is the Spirit of God working in the next guy who saw that happen and wondered what it was, picked it up read it and it led to his salvation. That's a true story by the way, happened to one of our missionaries in Zimbabwe.

Out in the world today there are many so called Christians involved in maybe attacks or bad politics. Yet 50,000 others go to Washington to a day of prayer for our country. Which group do you want to dwell on or be counted in heaven as having associated with ? I personally via internet chose to pray those who went to pray last Saturday, then rode my bike to a spot I like to be alone at. And at that spot I prayed to God asking to be counted as among those who prayed. Because He once said if just ten will have faith I will spare this city. He didn't find ten and destroyed it. But Lord, I said, here we had 50,000 with faith ! It's what you dwell on, dwell on the evil, it will destroy you.

17. plain jayne

plain jayne Member

+191
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Don't trust wicked people. Trust in Christ. People, both Christians and non-believers will let you down.

Christians are saved souls that live in a temporary body of flesh. Many people who CLAIM to be saved are not. I make mistakes. All Christians err sometimes. But if they are doing to with INTENT and willful malice - they may need to check their own spirituality.

When you see a Christian or a person who just claims salvation commit bad things - why do you hold God accountable for that?

And no, nowhere in the Bible does Christ give us permission to sin. BUT the Bible does say if we do sin, God is faithful and just to forgive us FROM our sins. And the Bible teaches that the devil is the ACCUSER of Christians. He stand before God pointing out our shortcomings. But Jesus Christ is our mediator - our ONLY mediator between us and God.

Christians WILL screw up from time to time. That's not God's fault.

The Bible teaches that sometimes Christians are to separate themselves from these other Christians who will not admit their sin nor turn from it. The separation should lead to repentance.

18. Stone-n-Steel

Stone-n-Steel Active Member Supporter

+324
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    1. Find a translation of the Bible, or several, and do your own research. When you ask questions, as you are doing here, test the reply against the book. Avoid contentious people. Use common sense.

2. Rom 6:1 asks this question "Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?" with a reply "God forbid" The context as I read it is about sin and how God's grace overcame it by the sacrifice Jesus made on the cross. My personal belief is that Jesus died a VERY painful death to pay the price of our sin. I very sure his desire is that we don't sin, particularly after salvation when he now says we are "dead to sin." However I believe that we still sin in some form, but those sins are not put on our account.

The fact that you are still engaging with people about God suggests that you have hit a low spot in your walk with God. From personal experience I believe it will get better.

19. GraceBro

GraceBro Eternally Forgiven, Alive, and Secure.

+431
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I don't think you read my post, but that aside, you need to ask God to teach you His truths all over again. That is how you innoculate yourself from any misused Bible verses being used against you.

No, Jesus doesn't give us permission to sin. He recognizes the reality of our sin and has forgiven our sin. But, He works in and through us, through the Holy Spirit, in the midst of our sin.

20. DancingPenguins

DancingPenguins New Member

+41
    United States
    Christian
    Single

Don’t believe in the Bible because other people tell you to. Believe in the Bible because it is the truth and because of all the fulfilled prophecies in the Bible. Don’t follow Christianity because of what other people did. Follow Jesus Christ because He is our Savior. Don’t let their bad behavior pull you down. Let Christ’s behavior pull you up. You’re choosing to follow Christ not man. Following Christ is not a license to sin. Christ said that unless you repent you will all perish.