Mississippi
✟8,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I’m new to this forum. I’ve been praying to be filled with the Holy Ghost and fire. Recently I had a dream in which I was filled with the Holy Ghost. Has anyone had a similar experience? If so, what happened? Or what do you think?

Dream 04-28-2020

I was in this big city and somehow I knew that the rapture could be at any moment. It was a clear bright beautiful day. Hardly any clouds and the sun was beaming.

When I looked in the sky I saw birds circling like they were forming a cyclone. Like a tornado before it comes down to touch the earth. Also in the sky were all kinds of animals, elephants, giraffes, you know name it. They were just sitting there like they were waiting to be taken up.

I was hungry for God and i had been praying for Him to fill me with the Holy Ghost. So I was in the back of a pick up truck that was going super fast; I don’t know who was driving. There was this old man in the back with me. I was so earnest and zealous to be filled. I would look on the back of cars where the license plate was and God would give me instructions through words, but I had to read them off of different signs and cars and such. He would tell me what to pray about. And most times it would be the same thing but with something new added each time. This went on for a while. It got to the point where I was like “is this gonna happen?”

So finally I got a little restless. So I looked up directly at the sun, took the old man’s hand and placed it on my forehead and said “by faith I believe You (God) will fill me.” And all of a sudden it was like the wind overtook me and I started screaming but as I was screaming it felt like my tongue was going 100 mph! I knew this was the Holy Ghost! This went on for a little while. It was beyond what I ever imagined!

Finally the truck stopped and I immediately got out and started shouting and dancing and glorifying and praising God. I couldn’t help myself. People were looking at me crazy but I knew they had no idea of what I’ve been through.

At that point I just wanted to get to my wife and son to tell them what had happened so I started running I didn’t know where I was going but I knew that they was there.

Then I woke up........mad lol

Last edited:

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟323,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Welcome to the forum !

I've had some dreams myself lately ( also two dreams more like visions). Some make sense from a spiritual perspective and some have more to do with the lasagna and youtube videos of the day before. Yours ( not to disappoint you) sounds more like the latter. Also if I really should have gotten up around 2am for a bathroom call but blew it off, my 4 am rem sleep can get crazy, convoluted and totally messed up.

Upvote 0
May 5, 2020
Mississippi
✟8,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to the forum !

I've had some dreams myself lately ( also two dreams more like visions). Some make sense from a spiritual perspective and some have more to do with the lasagna and youtube videos of the day before. Yours ( not to disappoint you) sounds more like the latter. Also if I really should have gotten up around 2am for a bathroom call but blew it off, my 4 am rem sleep can get crazy, convoluted and totally messed up.

Thank you for the insight!

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
thread moved.png

• Agree
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I’m new to this forum. I’ve been praying to be filled with the Holy Ghost and fire. Recently I had a dream in which I was filled with the Holy Ghost. Has anyone had a similar experience? If so, what happened? Or what do you think?

Dream 04-28-2020

I was in this big city and somehow I knew that the rapture could be at any moment. It was a clear bright beautiful day. Hardly any clouds and the sun was beaming.

When I looked in the sky I saw birds circling like they were forming a cyclone. Like a tornado before it comes down to touch the earth. Also in the sky were all kinds of animals, elephants, giraffes, you know name it. They were just sitting there like they were waiting to be taken up.

I was hungry for God and i had been praying for Him to fill me with the Holy Ghost. So I was in the back of a pick up truck that was going super fast; I don’t know who was driving. There was this old man in the back with me. I was so earnest and zealous to be filled. I would look on the back of cars where the license plate was and God would give me instructions through words, but I had to read them off of different signs and cars and such. He would tell me what to pray about. And most times it would be the same thing but with something new added each time. This went on for a while. It got to the point where I was like “is this gonna happen?”

So finally I got a little restless. So I looked up directly at the sun, took the old man’s hand and placed it on my forehead and said “by faith I believe You (God) will fill me.” And all of a sudden it was like the wind overtook me and I started screaming but as I was screaming it felt like my tongue was going 100 mph! I knew this was the Holy Ghost! This went on for a little while. It was beyond what I ever imagined!

Finally the truck stopped and I immediately got out and started shouting and dancing and glorifying and praising God. I couldn’t help myself. People were looking at me crazy but I knew they had no idea of what I’ve been through.

At that point I just wanted to get to my wife and son to tell them what had happened so I started running I didn’t know where I was going but I knew that they was there.

Definitely a dream produced from your desire. It’s not bad but you weren’t filled with the HOLY Spirit. Sorry. Keep asking Him to do so and drop your expectations as to how that’s supposed to be.

Upvote 0
May 5, 2020
Mississippi
✟8,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Definitely a dream produced from your desire. It’s not bad but you weren’t filled with the HOLY Spirit. Sorry. Keep asking Him to do so and drop your expectations as to how that’s supposed to be.

Thank you. Sometimes I tend to get in a disappointed state because it hasn’t happened yet. Especially with all that’s going on in the world today. But then I just remember that God is faithful and He does everything in His perfect timing.

Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you. Sometimes I tend to get in a disappointed state because it hasn’t happened yet. Especially with all that’s going on in the world today. But then I just remember that God is faithful and He does everything in His perfect timing.

Hello again Devante, it is a quest: this coming to Jesus. None of us will fully be there until we are resurrected immortal on His Day. Just keep seeking.

Here are a couple of scriptures than contain a promise from you seeking:

2 Chr. 15:2 "And he went out to meet Asa, and said unto him, Hear ye me, Asa, and all Judah and Benjamin; The LORD is with you, while ye be with him; and if ye seek him, he will be found of you; but if ye forsake him, he will forsake you."

Matt. 7:7 "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:"

• Agree
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

Dream 04-28-2020

Greetings and Salutations Devante Manuel,
Welcome to Christian forums. Interesting dream praise God.

Holy Spirit might
Holy Ghost power
Holy Wind blowing
Holy praise hour

God is good
God is great
God is Spirit
God is fate

Hold Him high
Hold Him true
Hold Him within
Hold Him in you

Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums