Jade Margery

Stranger in a strange land
Oct 29, 2008
✟12,415.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Oh hey! This has turned into another abortion debate, of course.

I'd like to introduce a new side of this problem (apologies if it has already been mentioned) and maybe we can chew on that for awhile instead of rehashing abortion over and over again.

The thing is, I'm from Ohio, I'm in Ohio right now, and I feel like I'm justifiably furious at this legislation. Besides the fact that I'm pro-choice, I think this is wrong for another reason.

First off, the majority of Ohioans DID NOT WANT THIS. No polls taken in the last month have shown that a majority favor this bill, in fact quite the opposite. Why, then, would we have voted in all the idiots who passed it?

Because they didn't run on platforms of abortion reform, they ran on platforms of economic reform. Like almost every other state out there, Ohio has serious economic and state budgetary problems, and the rallying cry from the Republicans last election cycle was to fix these problems.

Now, not only have they not done as they said they would and the economy is as bad as ever, but they are devoting all their energy to social legislation that they know is going to go to the Supreme Court. They also know that it is most likely going to be turned down. But it takes years to take a case to the Supreme Court... years and lots and lots and lots of money. So instead of trying to fix the economy and get our State out of debt, they are signing up for an extremely expensive and pointless gesture on our dime.

Is it moral to run on a platform saying you'll do one thing, then once you get into office do something else which no one wanted you to, and which will make the thing you originally said you'd do even harder to accomplish?

I'm so mad I could spit.

Upvote 0

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Is it moral to run on a platform saying you'll do one thing, then once you get into office do something else which no one wanted you to, and which will make the thing you originally said you'd do even harder to accomplish?

Yes it is immoral. Unfortunately it is accepted and common place. Re=electing such persons perpetuates the problem.

Upvote 0

drstevej

In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And your saying it is a baby doesn't make it one either. But like I said before, why don't we just separate the mother and fetus without killing it? Then the mother doesn't have to make a sacrifice, and the fetus is free to become a baby without burdening anyone.

What an idea, why burden a mom with a new born. Interrupting her sleep, demanding to be fed, hampering her economic condition. And those toddlers, what an imposition on a mother's time. Best to put them in government indoctrination schools and tax rich folks to pay for it. Spread the hassle.

Let's get Casey Anthony to draft the policy.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟79,109.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So why did you quote my post, then post a quote from Obama that had nothing at all to do with my post?
Because your comment added on to what Obama said, which was part f our discussion. It points out how the unborn child is marginalized in order to soothe the conscience when that child is killed

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟79,109.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And your saying it is a baby doesn't make it one either. But like I said before, why don't we just separate the mother and fetus without killing it? Then the mother doesn't have to make a sacrifice, and the fetus is free to become a baby without burdening anyone.
Separating the child and implanting it in the womb of another would be a good solution. A better solution for now would be not to get pregnant, and if you do, accept the responsibility of your decisions.

Upvote 0
G

good brother

Sex using a condom is a sacrifice, you shouldn't be forced to make additional sacrifices if it breaks.

I hardly call using a condom a "sacrifice". That's like calling eating a cake with 399 calories a sacrifice from being able to eat a cake with 399.0001 calories. It wouldn't even be a sacrifice not having sex. I am married and sometimes my wife and I have sex, sometimes we do not. I don't call the times we don't have sex "sacrifices". There were 29 years of my life I didn't have sex. That wasn't a sacrifice. That was a commitment to the woman I would eventually call my wife. You have no idea what sacrifice is. Sacrifice is far deeper than what you have called it above.

And the other thing that is disturbing about your post, why do you relate the child to punshment for the condom breaking? The OBAMAnation said that babies were punishment and without knowing it you have revealed your true intentions on the matter of abortion. You have implied that babies are punishments for people who want to promiscuously have sex. It is not about whether or not the unborn is human or not, it's about consequence free sex. There are always consequences to our actions, always. Babies are not punishments, they are rewards and blessings. My wife and I struggled for a long time for our child. Our little bundle of joy will be here in a week and a half. He has already been a blessing to us and made us laugh, and he hasn't even been born yet!

In Christ, GB

Upvote 0

Umaro

Senior Veteran
Dec 22, 2006
✟13,505.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
And the other thing that is disturbing about your post, why do you relate the child to punshment for the condom breaking? The OBAMAnation said that babies were punishment and without knowing it you have revealed your true intentions on the matter of abortion. You have implied that babies are punishments for people who want to promiscuously have sex. It is not about whether or not the unborn is human or not, it's about consequence free sex. There are always consequences to our actions, always. Babies are not punishments, they are rewards and blessings. My wife and I struggled for a long time for our child. Our little bundle of joy will be here in a week and a half. He has already been a blessing to us and made us laugh, and he hasn't even been born yet!

In Christ, GB

I could be 15 years deep into a committed marriage and I would still consider having a baby to be a punishment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Umaro

Senior Veteran
Dec 22, 2006
✟13,505.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Then you would be a perfect candidate for abstinence

Or I could continue having sex, and in the event a condom breaks buy a plan B pill, and in the event that fails have my partner get an abortion, which is perfectly legal in the US. If I can't get a legal procedure because a doctors morals oppose sterilization at a young age, then you can't stop me getting a legal procedure when the doctors morals don't oppose it.

Upvote 0
G

good brother

Or I could continue having sex, and in the event a condom breaks buy a plan B pill, and in the event that fails have my partner get an abortion, which is perfectly legal in the US.
Now see, mpok COULD say you simply want control over a woman's body when you say things like that. But wait... you are on the pro abortion side... I thought it was only the pro-life side that wanted to control the women... hmmm... that's strange. What if she wanted to keep the child? What if she wanted to keep the child and wanted you to pay for him/her? Where is your consequence free sex then?

If I can't get a legal procedure because a doctors morals oppose sterilization at a young age, then you can't stop me getting a legal procedure when the doctors morals don't oppose it.
See, now most pro abortionists will argue that if abortion is outlawed then back alley abortions will just rise. I see that a doctor's morals have successfully kept you from making yourself a back alley eunich. Apparently there ARE things that keep people from seeking illegal remedies....hmmm... something else that is strange....

In Christ, GB

Reactions: drstevej
Upvote 0

Umaro

Senior Veteran
Dec 22, 2006
✟13,505.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Now see, mpok COULD say you simply want control over a woman's body when you say things like that. But wait... you are on the pro abortion side... I thought it was only the pro-life side that wanted to control the women... hmmm... that's strange. What if she wanted to keep the child? What if she wanted to keep the child and wanted you to pay for him/her? Where is your consequence free sex then?

I can see where you got that from my phrasing, but I'm only with women who are also pro-choice. I establish being on the same page beforehand.

See, now most pro abortionists will argue that if abortion is outlawed then back alley abortions will just rise. I see that a doctor's morals have successfully kept you from making yourself a back alley eunich. Apparently there ARE things that keep people from seeking illegal remedies....hmmm... something else that is strange....

There's still the abortion option for me though. If there wasn't, I'd be much more inclined to take a less reputable doctor.

In Christ, GB[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

drstevej

In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I can see where you got that from my phrasing, but I'm only with women who are also pro-choice.

Nope, you are with women who are pro-abortion. For them there is no choice -- ABORT!

Poor little womb dweller, what did he/she do wrong that those who gave life want to kill him/her?

Glad my adopted son wasn't at the "mercy" of such pro-"choicers."

Upvote 0

drstevej

In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've never met anyone who is "abortion is the ONLY option." as some sort of mirror image of the "abortion is NEVER an option." people. The pro let people make up their own minds folks I've known are exactly as I've stated.

Meet...

Or I could continue having sex, and in the event a condom breaks buy a plan B pill, and in the event that fails have my partner get an abortion, which is perfectly legal in the US.

Upvote 0

Gishin

Apr 25, 2008
Midwest City, Oklahoma
✟6,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Nope, you are with women who are pro-abortion. For them there is no choice -- ABORT!

Poor little womb dweller, what did he/she do wrong that those who gave life want to kill him/her?

Glad my adopted son wasn't at the "mercy" of such pro-"choicers."
The choice to abort or not is that, a choice.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.