[MOVED] Do you think the grid will go down when the rapture happens?

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟124,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Rapture theory tends to be a great way to divert Christians from talking about the resurrection.
The rapture has not diverted me from the Atonement on the Cross (the resurrection). The Rapture is future. The Atonement has not stopped since the Cross. Humans reject the rapture, because they reject the completion of the church. Some who deny the rapture are sliding into universalism. Placing the church into the general resurrection of the dead. That is very problematic. Denying the rapture opens a new and different can of worms. Worms that should be left in sheol where they do not die.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟124,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
That's interesting. The Lord didn't have a problem preparing me to be healed. He didn't have an issue dispensing my purpose and bringing me into contact with three religious leaders from different Christian traditions who confirmed it.

He didn't struggle to give me a 10 year business plan or align me with Christian entrepreneurs and coaches who'd assist. He had no difficulty placing me with instructors who've aided my growth. Or pointing out the training I required to accomplish my mission. He didn't hasten to form alliances or move me away from situations that were detrimental to my welfare. He's done all this and more without fail.

But He's NEVER spoken to me about the rapture or instructed me to muse over the end times or end of the world scenarios. Fulfilling my kingdom calling is His objective. Maybe yours is different.

Just because you choose to do something doesn't mean God told you to do it.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella
The church is still in full force. The rapture has not happened yet.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟950,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
The church is still in full force. The rapture has not happened yet.

As I mentioned, the Holy Spirit isn't speaking to everyone on this subject. The body has many parts. Each has its function. How are your studies impacting the kingdom? What is your holy mission?

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
That's interesting. The Lord didn't have a problem preparing me to be healed. He didn't have an issue dispensing my purpose and bringing me into contact with three religious leaders from different Christian traditions who confirmed it.

He didn't struggle to give me a 10 year business plan or align me with Christian entrepreneurs and coaches who'd assist. He had no difficulty placing me with instructors who've aided my growth. Or pointing out the training I required to accomplish my mission. He didn't hasten to form alliances or move me away from situations that were detrimental to my welfare. He's done all this and more without fail.

But He's NEVER spoken to me about the rapture or instructed me to muse over the end times or end of the world scenarios. Fulfilling my kingdom calling is His objective. Maybe yours is different.

Just because you choose to do something doesn't mean God told you to do it.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella
Bella,

We are to be reading the scriptures. We are to be knowledgeable and "awake".

We cannot read the NT and not be aware of the events that are current in this world and not be aware that we are in the last days.

The bible tells us what is going to take place and then tells us to "comfort one another with these words"..

Kinda hard to comfort someone by telling them that they will die a torturous death for staying loyal to their Christianity.

I know it has happened already.. people dying for their faith.. However this is a world wide event. Not pockets here and there. A global hate for Christians.

However, we don't have to store up food and water, build a bunker and buy a bunch of guns and ammo....We don't have to plan for this time of wrath..

In fact, how could we? We don't know the day or the hour.. We can know it's close.. but.. not enough to know when to go underground and hide. Which.. would be fruitless anyway. You're not going to hide from this.

Long as you believe in Christ as your savior.. you are a child of God.. That's as prepared as you need to be.

I believe that a lot of rapture deniers, although Christian, will be pleasantly surprised as when they are sitting at the marriage of the Lamb... far from the wrath below.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟950,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Bella,

We are to be reading the scriptures. We are to be knowledgeable and "awake".

I am following the Lord's directives. I'm pursuing the lost. Not future events. :)

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I am following the Lord's directives. I'm pursuing the lost. Not future events. :)

Yours in His Service,

~Bella
That's understood.. But, we should still be watching, waiting, expecting...Not trying to predict things.. but having knowledge and a desire for His return.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟950,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
That's understood.. But, we should still be watching, waiting, expecting...Not trying to predict things.. but having knowledge and a desire for His return.

I should be doing what the Lord instructs me to. Not following a consensus. If He wanted me musing on those subjects He'd say so. I'm not alone in that.

When you're inundated with tomorrow you have little energy for the day. :)

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I should be doing what the Lord instructs me to. Not following a consensus. If He wanted me musing on those subjects He'd say so. I'm not alone in that.

When you're inundated with tomorrow you have little energy for the day. :)

Yours in His Service,

~Bella
But, you're musing on the subject now.. just discussing it with me.

You can be watchful and awake and not even read a post here.

Being attentive to the coming of Christ.. is not something that occupies time. It is a state of mind that molds our very actions of today.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟206,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
No one knows when it happens. The only preparation is spiritual. Concern over being duped by Satan is not warranted. Neither is rejecting the rapture period. Those who do not want the rapture to happen, seem apt to receive God's wrath. Not that rejection is a punishment. It is just a weird reason for wanting to going through God's wrath: "We are tough, we do not have to be part of your plan, dump it on us"

God says He will give us rest by taking us away first, not putting us in a bubble while folks die around us. Do you think those outside of your bubble will be able to get into your bubble? What if you have to watch them die, because you cannot even pull them into your bubble. Kind of sadistic to watch all of those around you die, and you cannot convince them to change their minds, but hey you are doing great while they anguish in pain.

The wrath and the tribulations are different things.
In Isaiah 26 what does it say will happen? The dead will rise and the faithful will take refuge from God's indignation.
In Matthew 24 where this concept is fleshed out a little more and Jesus gives the signs of His coming and includes the gathering of the elect (the rapture) notice He doesn't give signs of seas turning to blood or 100 pound hailstones or demon locusts. The only non human caused distresses that Jesus gives as signs are earthquakes and famines that are likely caused by drought but that's not results of the 7 trumpets or vials. Jesus gives NONE of the events of the 7 trumpets or vials as things that happen before He returns.
Why is that? Because He comes before that. However He also says He comes after great tribulation and the abomination of desolation, after persecution by the world.
Paul also says we're not appointed to wrath in 1 Thessalonians 5:9
So yeah, the rapture delivers us from God's wrath.
We're never promised that God will take us away from persecution from evil people however. In fact we're kind of told we have to endure such treatment.
and if you compare scripture to scripture, you'll see 2 illustrations of the rapture in Revelation, in Revelation 6 and 7, and in Revelation 14 (parallel passage), both of them happen after intense persecution that leaves many saints killed (5th seal, and the events that take place in Revelation 13 that give more detail to those times), but before the trumpets and vials respectively.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟950,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
But, you're musing on the subject now.. just discussing it with me.

I am chatting. This is musing. So is this. My ruminations have a purpose. They aren't random occurrences. It points to a work or lesson He's unfolding. I don't chew without cause.

You may be musing. But I'm not. :)

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

• Friendly
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Satan always has a counterfeit explanation.
Yet the rapture has skillfully replaced the discussion of resurrection from the lips of Christians. so it remains to be seen when the deception began regarding this.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The rapture has not diverted me from the Atonement on the Cross (the resurrection). The Rapture is future. The Atonement has not stopped since the Cross. Humans reject the rapture, because they reject the completion of the church. Some who deny the rapture are sliding into universalism. Placing the church into the general resurrection of the dead. That is very problematic. Denying the rapture opens a new and different can of worms. Worms that should be left in sheol where they do not die.
Still, this post in and of itself seems to have said something is more important than resurrection then went on the discuss rapture.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟124,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Your phrasing is confusing, maybe I'll sleep.
There was a bodily resurrection of the OT believers, because they left sheol, Abraham's bosom and entered Paradise when Jesus ascended on Sunday, before Jesus ever visited the upper room post resurrection. This "physical" resurrection also covered, because of the Atonement, all future physical resurrections for those in Christ. Paul had to re-explain it in 2 Corinthians 5, because 1 Corinthians 15 was misunderstood. No one missed the last day resurrection from OT Scriptures. It was not for post Cross believers. The OT believers had to wait for the last day of the OT, which was the Cross. Many claim the Resurrection found in OT passages for the last day is the Second Coming last day. No, the Cross was the last day OT event. No human soul could enter Paradise, the Garden, until Jesus claimed, "It is finished" on the Cross. Now, because of the Cross and the Atonement all were given incorruptible bodies to enter and enjoy Paradise again.

That is what Paul explains in 2 Corinthians 5. This body returns to dust, but we have an incorruptible body that we step into when we go from this life to the next life. There is no waiting in sheol any more like they did in Abraham's bosom. That is why Adam died physically the second he ate. His body immediately went from an incorruptible body to a sin corrupted body. It happened immediately, but in reverse to how we now go from this body to the next. But Paul was the one to explain this of the church. The disciples, except perhaps John were more devoted to the effect of the Gospel in the here and now. They did not focus on the afterlife. But the Greeks and Roman philosophers had more questions about all aspects of the Gospel and that is why Paul addressed things in his letters of questions from a wider audience. There was really no changing of the minds of the religious Jews. They objected to every thing about this new Messianic group of believers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
There was a bodily resurrection of the OT believers, because they left sheol, Abraham's bosom and entered Paradise when Jesus ascended on Sunday, before Jesus ever visited the upper room post resurrection. This "physical" resurrection also covered, because of the Atonement, all future physical resurrections for those in Christ. Paul had to re-explain it in 2 Corinthians 5, because 1 Corinthians 15 was misunderstood. No one missed the last day resurrection from OT Scriptures. It was not for post Cross believers. The OT believers had to wait for the last day of the OT, which was the Cross. Many claim the Resurrection found in OT passages for the last day is the Second Coming last day. No, the Cross was the last day OT event. No human soul could enter Paradise, the Garden, until Jesus claimed, "It is finished" on the Cross. Now, because of the Cross and the Atonement all were given incorruptible bodies to enter and enjoy Paradise again.

That is what Paul explains in 2 Corinthians 5. This body returns to dust, but we have an incorruptible body that we step into when we go from this life to the next life. There is no waiting in sheol any more like they did in Abraham's bosom. That is why Adam died physically the second he ate. His body immediately went from an incorruptible body to a sin corrupted body. It happened immediately, but in reverse to how we now go from this body to the next. But Paul was the one to explain this of the church. The disciples, except perhaps John were more devoted to the effect of the Gospel in the here and now. They did not focus on the afterlife. But the Greeks and Roman philosophers had more questions about all aspects of the Gospel and that is why Paul addressed things in his letters of questions from a wider audience. There was really no changing of the minds of the religious Jews. They objected to every thing about this new Messianic group of believers.
Thanks for that, 1 Corinthians 15 comes to mind.

Upvote 0

Jovajna

Oct 3, 2020
Serbia
✟8,647.00
Country
Serbia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I have reason to believe that it might..

Believing in rapture or not, I think we won't have to wait for the end of the world for the grid to go down, it will happen much sooner. It would be good to learn how to live without it, in any case. I know, it's hard, but people lived like that for millenniums.

Upvote 0