[MOVED]Christians; why are you a Christian? Instead of..?

TillICollapse

Dec 12, 2013
✟14,082.00
Marital Status
Single
The Sons of God subject is way interesting and very controversial inside Chistianity. We should chat about it sometime I enjoy the subject ( and I watched the movie Eli last night which had a not so subtle dig at the Angel/Nephilim idea, as Hollywood does :D)
If you'd like to chat sometime about it, feel free :)

I'm a fan of eye witness accounts ... do you know of anyone who has claimed to see "Sons of God" ?

Upvote 0

agua

Jan 5, 2011
Gold Coast
✟8,737.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
If you'd like to chat sometime about it, feel free :)

I'm a fan of eye witness accounts ... do you know of anyone who has claimed to see "Sons of God" ?

There're many examples of Angels appearing in the form of men in the Bible and the Hebrews writer tells to be aware we may interect with Angels without realising it. Do you mean claims of seeing Angelic ( not physical human form like with wings or something etc) ? I've only heard of such claims but I suspect I've interacted with Angels unknowlingly. They're here to look after me/minister after all.

ETA. Ravins leading Pats woo hoo

Upvote 0

TillICollapse

Dec 12, 2013
✟14,082.00
Marital Status
Single
There're many examples of Angels appearing in the form of men in the Bible and the Hebrews writer tells to be aware we may interect with Angels without realising it. Do you mean claims of seeing Angelic ( not physical human form like with wings or something etc) ? I've only heard of such claims but I suspect I've interacted with Angels unknowlingly. They're here to look after me/minister after all.

ETA. Ravins leading Pats woo hoo
I'm not talking about "angels" in the generic sense, rather I'm talking about someone who has claimed to see what they would call "Sons of God" specifically. And I'm not talking about scriptural accounts, rather more modern day eyewitness accounts. I am one who has accounts that some believe that I've seen "angels" for example (if I shared the accounts, the context would show why most likely), however I've never had someone say they were "Sons of God".

I was frustrated the Pats came back to tie it up, but the Ravens just scored with seconds left just now, so I'm chill again lol :)

Upvote 0

agua

Jan 5, 2011
Gold Coast
✟8,737.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
I'm not talking about "angels" in the generic sense, rather I'm talking about someone who has claimed to see what they would call "Sons of God" specifically. And I'm not talking about scriptural accounts, rather more modern day eyewitness accounts. I am one who has accounts that some believe that I've seen "angels" for example (if I shared the accounts, the context would show why most likely), however I've never had someone say they were "Sons of God".

I was frustrated the Pats came back to tie it up, but the Ravens just scored with seconds left just now, so I'm chill again lol :)

Oky now I think I don't get who you're saying Sons of God are. Who are they and where do you get the definition ?

Do you have a personal account of seeing an Angel ?

Flacco looking good.

Upvote 0

ObamaChristian

Jun 21, 2014
✟1,105.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, you might :D

I'm married because I love my wife. I'm a Christian because.. *drumroll*... ;)

well, the real question would be, why don't you love kimberley, stacy, amber, crystal, jessica, michelle, joanna, instead of your wife?

Upvote 0

ObamaChristian

Jun 21, 2014
✟1,105.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
This describes me quite well. However, geography has a great deal to do with why I am a Christian. If I'd been born somewhere else, I would likely have been raised in a different religion and evolved in that belief system.

If you believe you are only a Christian by circumstances, where is the truth in your belief? Faith is by God, not by luck.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
This is a ridiculous read. Jesus is the only reason to be a Christian, everything else is just intellectual masturbation.

In my experience Christians do a poor job when they compare their beliefs to other religions, most of which they don't understand. Again, Christianity is about Jesus... full stop.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

agua

Jan 5, 2011
Gold Coast
✟8,737.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
This is a ridiculous read. Jesus is the only reason to be a Christian, everything else is just intellectual masturbation.

In my experience Christians do a poor job when they compare their beliefs to other religions, most of which they don't understand. Again, Christianity is about Jesus... full stop.

You nailed it ! Jesus and the resurrection, of course.

1Co 15:12-19 KJV Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead? (13) But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: (14) And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain. (15) Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not. (16) For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: (17) And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. (18) Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished. (19) If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

Upvote 0

stevenfrancis

Disciple
Dec 28, 2012
United States
Visit site
✟40,142.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why are you a Christian instead of...

1) Muslim
2) Buddhist
3) Jewish
4) Hindu
5) Other religions.

Hopefully I won't get any circular answers like, "I'm Christian because I believe in Jesus" = "I'm Christian because I'm Christian"

1) I'm not Muslim because in part I don't believe God would require such specific requirements. Muslims in part remind me of Catholics, they have a very structured system that functions very differently from protestants.

I also find Christianity is more able to justify away it's violent passages found throughout the old testament, than Islam is able to justify its. This is mainly because of the New Testament.

2) As far as I understand, there are many different sects and beliefs in Buddism, some ranging from kings in the sky that dominate the heavens in imperial fashions, to princes who abandon all worldly possessions to achieve true understanding of life's sufferings. In my opinion, buddhism, is too unresponsible for the worries of this world. It's main focus is on escaping reincarnation and to escape life's sufferings. I simply don't view life as all pain and suffering.

3) I need the New Testament to make sense of God, if it's the God in the old testament.

4) There are certain aspects of Hinduism that revolves around the idea that everything is God. Which I simply do not agree with.

I know you don't want circular answers, but in all fairness, it is believed by Christians that faith itself is a grace of God. So a Christian doesn't "earn" Christianity. They open themselves to the Holy Spirit, then they are usually guided by grace to faith in God through Jesus Christ. For many, the intellectual tenets of Christianity FOLLOW a profound calling to the religion, rather than preceding it. For some of us, (myself included), it was a combination of openness to the possibility that Jesus was who He said He was, which led me to study and meditate on the Gospels, (I was Buddhist at the time), which led me to prayer, which led me to conversations with Christians, and at last a conversion by the grace of God from Jodo Shinshu, to Catholic Christianity. During, (and since), my spiritual conversion, I have continued to study history, scripture, and the traditions of the Church, while receiving the sanctifying grace offered by Christ in the sacraments He instituted, and I read voraciously in an attempt for my rational mind to catch up with my spiritual experience, and now, as I study and read, it is through the lens of the Christian faith, so what I DO read and study strikes a different chord with me than what it would have prior to conversion. I'm not sure if this is even an answer to your question, but it's the best I can offer. God bless you in your journey.

Upvote 0

Cjwinnit

Advocatus Diaboli (Retired)
Jun 28, 2004
England.
✟18,928.00
Faith
Anglican
That may very well be the case, but if one believes his religion is the result of circumstance, then the logical choice is to realize his religion is false.

It depends a lot on how you view God's agency in the world.

Who defines circumstance?

Reactions: appleofhiseye
Upvote 0

TillICollapse

Dec 12, 2013
✟14,082.00
Marital Status
Single
You nailed it ! Jesus and the resurrection, of course.

1Co 15:12-19 KJV Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead? (13) But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: (14) And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain. (15) Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not. (16) For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: (17) And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. (18) Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished. (19) If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
Do you believe a person can come to know Jesus without first joining some variety of "Christianity" ?

Upvote 0

agua

Jan 5, 2011
Gold Coast
✟8,737.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
Do you believe a person can come to know Jesus without first joining some variety of "Christianity" ?

Sure. I'm going to make some assumptions about your question correct me if I'm wrong. I'm assuming by know you mean have a relationship with and not simply acklowledge He exists. Firstly it's possible to know Yahweh without having any human contact through seeking the Creator Who promises to reveal Himself to everyone who truly seeks. Jesus is this Creator and He was the very God OT Saints worshipped, well before Chistianity.

It's important to notice that pre Advent of Christ there were people who weren't Jews who believed in the One True God and many likely didn't know His name. This is still possible, and likely, post Advent. Jesus is the Door to salvation for all true believers, whether they know His name , or not.

I'll bet you have some follow up questions about this :D

Oh btw did you miss this post ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TillICollapse

Dec 12, 2013
✟14,082.00
Marital Status
Single
Sure. I'm going to make some assumptions about your question correct me if I'm wrong. I'm assuming by know you mean have a relationship with and not simply acklowledge He exists. Firstly it's possible to know Yahweh without having any human contact through seeking the Creator Who promises to reveal Himself to everyone who truly seeks. Jesus is this Creator and He was the very God OT Saints worshipped, well before Chistianity.

It's important to notice that pre Advent of Christ there were people who weren't Jews who believed in the One True God and many likely didn't know His name. This is still possible, and likely, post Advent. Jesus is the Door to salvation for all true believers, whether they know His name , or not.

I'll bet you have some follow up questions about this :D
No I didn't have any follow up questions ... and yes I meant personally know, not acknowledge the existence of. You were agreeing with another poster who said that Jesus was the only reason to become a Christian, so I was asking you your own thoughts on whether a person could know Jesus apart from a variety of Christianity.

Oh btw did you miss this post ?
Yup, totally missed it. I'll head there now. Maybe I was caught up in football at the time :)

Upvote 0

TillICollapse

Dec 12, 2013
✟14,082.00
Marital Status
Single
Oky now I think I don't get who you're saying Sons of God are. Who are they and where do you get the definition ?
Sorry I missed this post completely before :) Based on me asking if anyone had ever claimed to see a being they identified as a "Son of God", I'm going off the idea that such a being would be a celestial/spiritual/"angellic"/non-human/etc type of being.

Do you have a personal account of seeing an Angel ?
I have a few dramatic accounts ... they would take some time to type up if you wanted to hear them. I don't mind doing so, but at the same time I don't want to waste time typing either if you'd really not be interested (and if you'd not be, I won't be offended, really, it's no worries).

Flacco looking good.
He was looking good, but let it go there at the end. It's too bad :-/

The most disappointing this weekend overall was the ridiculous call by the refs in the Cowboys game on Dez's catch. Unbelievable.

Upvote 0

agua

Jan 5, 2011
Gold Coast
✟8,737.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
No I didn't have any follow up questions ... and yes I meant personally know, not acknowledge the existence of. You were agreeing with another poster who said that Jesus was the only reason to become a Christian, so I was asking you your own thoughts on whether a person could know Jesus apart from a variety of Christianity.

Oky. Many people don't understand the concept that Jesus is the Saviour of people who don't/didn't even know Him, by name.

Sorry I missed this post completely before :) Based on me asking if anyone had ever claimed to see a being they identified as a "Son of God", I'm going off the idea that such a being would be a celestial/spiritual/"angellic"/non-human/etc type of being.

I have a few dramatic accounts ... they would take some time to type up if you wanted to hear them. I don't mind doing so, but at the same time I don't want to waste time typing either if you'd really not be interested (and if you'd not be, I won't be offended, really, it's no worries).

Ok. Biblically speaking a Son of God can be an Angel or a True Believer ( human ). Yes I'm very interested in reading your accounts. Maybe PM them to me if it's lengthy will be best.

He was looking good, but let it go there at the end. It's too bad :-/

The most disappointing this weekend overall was the ridiculous call by the refs in the Cowboys game on Dez's catch. Unbelievable.
Yeah he did. I didn't see the Cowboy's game because it was Monday/workday here :( I'm surprised NFL can have real shocker decisions considering the number of officials but they're only human I spose.

Upvote 0

TillICollapse

Dec 12, 2013
✟14,082.00
Marital Status
Single
Oky. Many people don't understand the concept that Jesus is the Saviour of people who don't/didn't even know Him, by name.
In my eyes, this is fairly straightforward ... a being who exists can introduce themselves to whom they chose lol.

Ok. Biblically speaking a Son of God can be an Angel or a True Believer ( human ). Yes I'm very interested in reading your accounts. Maybe PM them to me if it's lengthy will be best.
Yeah I'm aware of some of the interpretations of what a "Son of God" is as it concerns the mentioning of them in the OT, etc (it would seem obvious that in the NT the mention of Sons of God refer to humans who have the opportunity to become like Jesus, etc).

I'm thinking that PM'ing what I typed out would take up a lot of PM's, I can fit more text in these message boxes. Here it goes:

Okay, here are some accounts, I'll try to include relevant details, although to include them all would take up a lot of text space. I'll include three examples, since they are all related anyways ...

Here's the first:

Around 2001 or 2002, I was knee deep in exploring what I believed to be "being lead by the Holy Spirit". I had a dramatic experience in 2000 where I believed I actually heard the voice of what I would identify as "God" (somewhat based on context at the time), had a vision, and received detailed information concerning the future and a person I did not know and had never met. I later had all of this verified when the event came to pass, in detail, etc and so forth. So that was a sort of "touchstone" experience, which I began to compare other experiences by. I had MANY since then … some fairly incredible and what some may consider miraculous … so anyways, all of that to say, that my attempts to be "lead by the Holy Spirit" involved experiencing and attempting to receive revelation from God about what to do in life, choices, events, etc, as compared with the other experiences where I saw them verified and believed they were valid, legitimate, etc.

So one night, a friend and I who did the same as me, were sitting around praying, wanting to be lead by the Holy Spirit in what to do with our evening. Pretty much simple as that. We sat and prayed, seeking direction, revelation, etc. Well, my friend (a girl) began to believe that the Spirit wanted us to go have a night time barbecue somewhere. That is to say, we were to go out into the night, find a barbecue pit, and cook a meal lol. It seemed simple, straightforward, etc. She also said she believed she was being shown that we were to go to the grocery store, and get further instruction once we got there. I asked her where she thought we were supposed to have the barbecue (because I didn't believe I was receiving any revelation from the Spirit concerning anything, only giving credence to the idea that she was) and she said that it would be left up to me. That I could decide, it didn't matter where I chose.

I began to think about where to have the barbecue/picnic, and a small lake in our city came to mind (White Rock Lake actually, in Dallas, TX, USA). It's a lake that has a few parks here and there, and I vaguely remembered one that had a small fishing dock that may have had some barbecue pits. The lake was fairly heavily patrolled though, as there was a jogging path that went around the lake, and once it got dark, they discouraged people from hanging out at the lake (to prevent crime and attacks, etc). But anyways, that lake came to mind, and told her that maybe after the store, we could go to that lake and try and find a park with a pit.

So we went to a local grocery store … it was already dark by this time (like 8 or 9 pm, and it was during one of the cooler seasons, like fall going into winter IIRC) and upon arriving at the grocery store, we prayed again about what to get food and supply wise. She believed the Spirit showed her we only needed to get the actual food and some plates, that "God will provide the rest" … now, we didn't have anything to start a fire with, no utensils, nothing. No charcoal, no fuel, no matches, no forks and knives, nothing. We literally just bought food and a small thing of plates.

After getting our food and plates, we headed over to the lake. I'm guessing we arrived between 9:30 and 10:00 … well around the time the cops would start patrolling and we could get in trouble for being there that late. Nevertheless, we drove around, and I found what looked like what I had remembered … the small park with the dock. So we got out and walked around, looking for a barbecue pit. And sure enough we found one … not only did we find one, here is what we found:

There was a pit, with a full fire already going under the grill. Wood, flame, etc. And laying at the foot of the pit, were a set of brand new, unopened, still in package, utensils … complete with seasonings and even breath mints and napkins. Now, we weren't taken aback totally, but we definitely thought it was cool … awesome. If this was in fact "God providing", then that was cool. I mean, there was no one else anywhere at the Lake that we could even see. No one at the park, no one walking around, and there was this fully going fire. To anyone else, that would be dangerous … to us, it was perhaps "God providing". So we went to get our food, and begin cooking.

This is where it gets more interesting:

As we did so, a truck pulled up … a very noisy and loud truck … and the individual driving the truck got out, and clearly began to set up for some night fishing. I've fished my whole life, and I know what night fishing looks like lol. He got out a generator, to provide power for some lamps and lights he was going to setup to shine on the water, he got out some chairs and his gear, ran the cables from the generator over to the dock (which was like 40 yards out from the parking spot), etc. As we cooked, it took him almost the entire time to setup … he was loud, noisy, etc. I'm guessing it took him 20-25 minutes or so just to get setup. And he was the only person I remember seeing even active at the lake, showing up at our spot, etc.

When we got done cooking, we somehow had a lot of food leftover. I didn't realize how much. And there were enough utensils in the packages, that we could make a third plate if we wanted. So I decided to go offer this fisherman some food .. I mean, why not ? I had excess food, maybe he'd appreciate it ? I'm not saying I felt "lead" to do this, nothing like that. In fact, the entire nigh up to that point, I did not experience what I would identify as the Holy Spirit really one time … she, my friend did. I had not. Every choice I made was seemingly a random choice in my eyes.

So anyways, I got a third plate together, and brought it over to the guy.

As I approached, I could tell he was tall … he was an older looking black gentleman, with a graying beard, and he word an army like camo jacket, and he had a ball cap. As I approached, he remained sitting, and then I introduced myself and told him what we were doing (having a night picnic), that we had some extra food, and asked if he wanted any … he said he would, he was smiling, very polite. He stood up to grab the food, and shake my hand which was extended … I would guess maybe he was 6'5" or so ? So he was tall. And as he shook his hand, he said, "I'm Mike," and still smiling, thanked me, and sat back down.

And that was basically it … I smiled in return, told him to have a good night, and walked back.

As I got back, we finished eating, "Mike" was still there fishing and, I presume, eating … and we finished eating and decided to clean up our little mess and get going.

As we were doing so, we noticed what looked like a small beaver or something over near the shore off into the water. Looking back, I'm assuming it was probably a nutria (an animal native to the swamps of Louisiana which sometimes find their way into Dallas proper for some reason) but anyways we went over to check it out. We turned our backs on Mike, and watched the nutria/beaver thing for maybe a total of a minute.

When we turned back around, I noticed that Mike was gone. Not only was he gone … his truck was gone, all his gear, everything. As though he was never even there. I said to the girl with me, "Where did that go go ?" and she looked up, realized he was gone as well, and said, "I don't know …"

I pointed out that he had been there not just a minute before. And as I thought about it, I realized it took him somewhere between 20-30 minutes just to get set up. And he was loud and noisy. And now, here in less than a single minute, he had managed to pack all of his things together, and essentially vanish, without making a noise, drawing our attention to the generators or his loud truck, or anything ? Just simply do all of that in less than a minute ?

I began to ask out loud to my friend, "Who WAS that ? …." and before I could even finish asking the question, I experienced the Holy Spirit for the first time that night, and received what I refer to as a vision (when I say "vision", I'm not talking about in my mind or imagination, nor am I tailing about the types of visions that some claim to where their environment around them changes, etc … rather it's as though you're seeing it with what some refer to as "the mind's eye" … somewhere between your natural sight, and your ability to envision things mentally) … and I saw the name "MICHAEL" almost in shining, gold like marquee lights. And like a ton of bricks landing in my gut, the idea this was "Michael the archangel" just slammed into me and overwhelmed me.

At that, I was suddenly in one of those states of awe and wonder and goosebumps, etc … like a light was going off in my body that I had just put a piece of a puzzle together … and I said to my friend, "Was that Michael, as in, an "angel" ? The angel Michael mentioned in scriptures ?" and to my surprise, she said, "I don't' know. If you think that, it's because you may be getting that as a revelation or something, but not me. I don't know." In other words, she didn't believe the Spirit was showing her that specifically or even verifying it, only I was. So the entire night, she had believed she was experiencing the Spirit and receiving direction … where as I for once really wasn't. But then when I suddenly was, she was not lol.

I would see this "Mike" once again, one more time, approximately 11 years later (back in 2012 or 2013, I'm horrible with placing exact dates, sorry) and I'm going to point out some specific concerning how Mike was dressed and the nature in which he looked physically. That will be my second account here in a moment … but first, looking back on that first time, I can easily see where much of that story parallels scriptural accounts of individuals interacting with, and having food no less, with beings they would later realize are "angelic", etc either through revelation or the nature of the encounter itself. The fact that "Mike" disappeared in less than a minute, no trace of him even being there (we went to look for truck tracks and didn't see any, as the place where you part was dirt and gravel and kicked up dust into the air when you pulled in and out), combined with the context of the entire event ("God providing" fire, even salt, etc … the manner in which we believed we were "lead" there, etc) … even the idea that he was fishing … plus the manner in which I received the vision and what I consider revelation (as compared to previously verified experiences) … all seemed to add up to a conclusion that I could draw, in context, that this was the angel mentioned in scriptures named Michael.

Now, fast forward to event two I'll mention, which happened about 10 years later, involving this "Mike" again.

Upvote 0

TillICollapse

Dec 12, 2013
✟14,082.00
Marital Status
Single
cont ...

I was at a different point in my life … and I was dealing with something and someone that I felt very much in over my head concerning. I consider it a spiritual issue, and it's actually still ongoing. I'll spare the details, but needless to say, I was beginning to wonder if I was way off track, way off base, perhaps misinterpreting things around me. And so I prayed to "God" (whom I recognize as God) … for clarity and to show me if I was essentially all washed up.

Later that day in which I prayed, I found myself on some random part of the web, and came across a random story about a guy who began to describe a homeless guy he met. To make a long story short, this homeless guy basically changed this guys life … he took him in, and began to notice all types of phenomena associated with this guy. IIRC, his or his friend's or wife's cancer was even cured, but it was done through some type of remedy the homeless guy told him to make. The homeless guy was able to do things at times that seemed to defy what normal humans could do … and was able to know things about the future that made it seem as though he was precognitive, etc. The guy who took the homeless guy in, asked the guy if he was God, an angel, etc … and the homeless guy never gave him a direct answer, but denied something along those lines IIRC. The story was interesting to me, but to be honest, I was getting kind of bored with it. But I managed to make my way through to the end, when the guy posted a picture of this "homeless man".

I sat in utter shock, as I looked at what appeared to be the spitting image of Mike, the "angel" I had seen ten years or so earlier. I had NEVER knowingly seen another individual in my life that I had thought was an "angel" since (only once before, I'll save that account for last), nor had I ever seen "Mike" since. But suddenly here I was looking at a pic that was a deadringer for Mike. Face, beard, skin color and tone, hat, and camo jacket. Even the smile. Yet his name supposedly wasn't "Mike" according to the account given by the random internet guy. Unless he changed the name to protect the anonymity of the homeless guy, this person wasn't named "Mike". Yet there he was, seemingly the spitting image.

When I saw his pic, it hit me like a ton of bricks. "But what does it mean ? Why am I seeing a pic of Mike right now ?" I didn't know, so I left it alone, lodging it in my mind, but unsure of whether or not it was a coincidence or not.

A couple of days later I was still feeling overwhelmed, confused, etc … and so I prayed again. For clarity, to know if I was on the right path, doing the right things, etc … I prayed as I was driving to where I worked at the time.

As I was praying and driving, I decided to pull over the store to get a bag of candy (I would often get a bag of candy to share with people at work, or gum, etc). As I'm walking in the store, thinking about all of these things and having just prayed … literally as I'm walking into the main entrance … guess who I see come out of the crowd and walk STRAIGHT towards me.

Mike. There he is … 6'5" or so, same face, beard, hat, jacket. As though he hadn't aged a day, or changed his clothes. I mean, this is a busy time of day, lots of people coming from work as I'm going, going to the store, etc … so there is a small crowd of people going in and out of the store. And there he is.

The crowd basically parts, and he walks straight towards me, looking at me dead in the eyes, smiling.

I freeze in my tracks. It was surreal, I suddenly felt like I was standing outside of time, or that time was freezing for me in that moment. I got dumbfounded, mouth agape, and just stood there.

He walked right up to me, and said, "How's it going big man !" … smiling at me, and walked on passed, turning the corner around the entrance door.

I stood there for a moment, thinking, "Is that Michael ? The same one I saw over ten years ago and may have just saw in a picture a couple of days ago ?" and I made myself snap out of it, stop standing there like an idiot. I wanted to find out one way or another … was I making all this up ? Was it all just coincidences ? So I made myself turn around, and go around that corner that he had just walked around to find him and ask him, question him, probe him …

He was gone. No trace of him. I couldn't find him anywhere in the parking lot, sidewalk, nowhere. For all intent and purposes, he rounded that corner in a busy crowd of people which he easily could be noticed amongst, and vanished.

So the rest of the day during my shift, I was in awe … if that was Michael, yet again, was that God's way of telling me I was okay ? That I was on the right side still, doing the right things ? After all, "Michael" just called me big man. If I was all washed up, wouldn't he have corrected me instead of doing something seemingly encouraging ?

After my shift, these questions were filling my mind … and I began to wonder if "angels" were in fact all around us in this manner all the time. Just looking like people, all around us, interacting, showing up and disappearing, etc. So I prayed and asked God. I was driving yet again down the road as I prayed …

As I prayed, I was driving past a McDonalds in a fairly wealthy part of town that I don't really ever go to or stop at. And as I was driving passed it, I experienced what I recognize as God, encourage me to turn into that McDonalds, park in a spot, and just wait. This would be similar to the previous way I mentioned about "being lead by the Spirit", etc. Anyways, I decided to give it a shot, to see if I was actually getting direction from God … I pulled over immediately, found a parking spot, and just sat there.

No more than 5 seconds passed, and I began to wonder, "Now what" … and I felt like I was just supposed to wait. So I waited … after a few more seconds (maybe 10-20) I suddenly see out of the corner of my eye, a man approaching my car. No kidding, a total stranger start walking towards me while I'm sitting there. He is walking from a car that is about 3 car spots over from me. I hadn't noticed this car before, but it's there … I'm not saying 100% that this car and guy "appeared out of nowhere", as I may have taken for granted that it was there the whole time … yet, that's the way it seemed to me, that it suddenly "appeared" out of the corner of my eye.

And this guy started walking towards me … he was average height (like 5'9" or so), somewhat heavy, while, baldish, white facial hair, older, wearing normal plain clothes (almost like lounge around the house clothes). He had a smile on his face as he walked towards me.

I suddenly started to get a feeling, like "This is going somewhere isn't it …"

Upvote 0