United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lovely work!

What kind of synthetic paper did you use? I've tried yapo but find it weird and difficult to work with. I've also tried synthetic watercolor paper, but I don't like it nearly as well as cotton.

Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟676,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This looks very lovely! You did very well on the values

I have a quick question. How easy is it to control acrylic ink? I'm only used to using ink pens.
Thank you. Its very forgiving if you use it on a non porous surface like yupo, primed canvas, or primed wood. You can use rubbing alcohol to erase it. It lightens with water. All the values are just from the one bottle of liquitex ink with water.

Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟676,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lovely work!

What kind of synthetic paper did you use? I've tried yapo but find it weird and difficult to work with. I've also tried synthetic watercolor paper, but I don't like it nearly as well as cotton.
Thanks. This is Yupo. it works better if you wash the yupo first with rubbing alcohol to remove any grease. otherwise the grease resists. You can do the same techniques on primed canvas, like lifting out to create the lights. Its harder to do that on watercolor paper without risking damaging the paper.

• Friendly
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
it's INTENSE and powerfully gripping. i love it. You're quite gifted. What prompted you to create it? (i also agree with NerdGirl....i would love it on my wall.)

Thanks for sharing it.

Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟676,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
it's INTENSE and powerfully gripping. i love it. You're quite gifted. What prompted you to create it? (i also agree with NerdGirl....i would love it on my wall.)

Thanks for sharing it.
Thanks Brinny :) last November i visited Yosemite and Zion Yosemite was the stomping ground of Ansel Adams. There is even an Adams gallery in the middle of the park. They still make prints off of his negatives. So I got inspired by his black and whites and how he changed some of the values in the dark room. You can even find photoshop steps for how to make a photo look like an Adams photo.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Thanks Brinny :) last November i visited Yosemite and Zion Yosemite was the stomping ground of Ansel Adams. There is even an Adams gallery in the middle of the park. They still make prints off of his negatives. So I got inspired by his black and whites and how he changed some of the values in the dark room. You can even find photoshop steps for how to make a photo look like an Adams photo.
Part of your soul went into your work, it seems. What you describe clearly woke something inside you to inspire such a riveting piece.

(Got a gallery yet?)

:)

• Friendly
Reactions: Chris V++
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟676,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
(Got a gallery yet?)
thanks. :) no gallery unfortunately. I used to be involved with a local gallery but they went bankrupt. I should be pursuing that. Maybe once Covid passes,

Upvote 0