Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mount Zion

`Then I looked, & behold, a Lamb standing on Mount Zion, `
(Rev. 14: 1)

Here is the victorious Christ, the one who overcame the enemy. He is now shown pictorially, standing on Mount Zion in the heavenlies. This is the place of rulership & authority by the King & Judge.

Christ`s Rulership is not that of a dictator or a tyrant or a proud conqueror but is again revealed to us in His true colours as the Lamb of God. This sacrificial character of Christ,
is the criterion that undergirds all of His character & activities.

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The 144,000 Priests

We now see 144,000 people with the Lamb on Mt. Zion. Who are these people? And why are they in this place of authority & power with the Lamb?

` & with Him 144,000, having His Father`s name written on their foreheads.......`
(Rev. 14: 1)

The 144,000 people are the sealed servants of God, 12,000 from each tribe of Israel. This seal is symbolic of the anointing of the Holy Spirit. They were -

`...sealed ......on their foreheads.
....144,000 of all the tribes of the children of Israel.`
(Rev. 7: 3 & 4)

These 144,000 have gone throughout the world witnessing of God & His coming rule upon earth. They have been martyred by the Anti-Christ & his armies who search for all those who do not worship the `beast.` So now we see them gathered together in the heavenlies with the `Lamb` having His Father`s name written on their foreheads. This shows that they trusted in God & called out to Him for deliverance.

These people have been prepared by God the Father as the promised priesthood to Israel.

God is talking to the children of Israel,

`Now therefore, if you will indeed obey my voice & keep my covenant,
Then you shall be a special treasure to me above all people, for all the earth is mine.
And you shall be to me a kingdom of priests & a holy nation.`
(Ex. 19: 5 & 6)

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The First Fruits.

Now we hear different voices:

`And I heard a voice from heaven, like the voice of many waters,
& like the voice of loud thunder.
And I heard the sound of harpist playing their harps.`
(Rev. 14: 2)

Together we hear the 144,000 priests with the Son & the Father in complete harmony,
in one accord. They sing `a new song,` which is the expression of the special purpose that God has for them. They are the priests who will rule with the Lamb for God over Israel. Later in Revelation we see them in the New Jerusalem.

`They sang as it were a new song before the throne,.....
& no one could learn that song except the 144,000 who were redeemed from the earth.`
(Rev. 14: 3)

We are also shown the special requirements that are needed for their suitability as priests. They had not been `defiled with women.` God refers to being defiled or `playing the harlot,` as forsaking Him.` It means spiritual idolatry. (Hosea 9: 1)

However these 144,000 priests were true to their Messiah & did not get seduced by false doctrines. They followed the Lamb, showing that they obeyed Him completely for He is their Lord.

`These are the ones who were not defiled with women, for they are virgins.
These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever He goes.` (Rev. 14: 4)

As `first fruits,` they are the beginning of the `harvest,` that God is about to gather from Israel. They are the first ones manifested, set apart for God`s special purpose as priests in Israel. These are part of God`s government in the New Jerusalem.

These were redeemed from among men, being the first fruits to God & to the Lamb.`
(Rev. 14: 1 – 5)

Upvote 0