Mount Eival/Mount G'rizim

Henaynei

Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Echud! Al pi Adonai...
Sep 6, 2003
North Carolina - my heart is with Israel ---
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
Read D'varim 27:1-28:68

Questions:
What is the impact or relationship of this passage on the following groups?
What have you been taught and by what source?

1) Jews living in the Land
a) non-Messianic
b) Messianic
2) Jews in the Diaspora
a) non-Messianic
b) Messianic
3) Gentile believers
a) non-Messianic
b) Messianic

Looking forward to a spritely discussion.

jcpro

Jul 4, 2011
✟8,491.00
Faith
Judaism

Questions:

a) non-Messianic
b) Messianic
2) Jews in the Diaspora
a) non-Messianic
b) Messianic
3) Gentile believers
a) non-Messianic
b) Messianic

What exactly are you looking for?

Upvote 0

yedida

Ruth Messianic, joining Israel, Na'aseh v'nishma!
Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't see anything earth shattering (but I'm not sure what it is you're looking for). Just because gentiles don't become Jews when believing on the Messiah they nonetheless gain what they did not have - promises and responsibilites. Those who were not part of that original group nor have joined since, either to the Jews or to the Messiancs are still where they were then.
A child on this earth adopted into a family takes on the family's name, the family's relatives (good and bad), takes on the family's traditions, and will eventually think and act as the family does. The one thing they do not do, cannot do is take on the family's genetics. They will probably not be able to donate bone marrow if it was necessary to save a member of THEIR family but that is really rather minor, because sometimes not all family members naturally born, cannot do this. Nevertheless, they BELONG to that family in each and every way on a daily basis fully and completely. The family does not change to accommodate them, they grow and learn to become an integral part of the family.

Upvote 0

jcpro

Jul 4, 2011
✟8,491.00
Faith
Judaism
I don't see anything earth shattering (but I'm not sure what it is you're looking for). Just because gentiles don't become Jews when believing on the Messiah they nonetheless gain what they did not have - promises and responsibilites. Those who were not part of that original group nor have joined since, either to the Jews or to the Messiancs are still where they were then.
A child on this earth adopted into a family takes on the family's name, the family's relatives (good and bad), takes on the family's traditions, and will eventually think and act as the family does. The one thing they do not do, cannot do is take on the family's genetics. They will probably not be able to donate bone marrow if it was necessary to save a member of THEIR family but that is really rather minor, because sometimes not all family members naturally born, cannot do this. Nevertheless, they BELONG to that family in each and every way on a daily basis fully and completely. The family does not change to accommodate them, they grow and learn to become an integral part of the family.
:)I have something for you and it's on topic
Babylonian Talmud: Sotah 36

and here's translation:D
POINT BY POINT SUMMARY - Sotah, Daf 36
Enjoy!

Upvote 0

etZion

A Dirty Gentile
Feb 2, 2012
✟16,035.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married

Questions:

a) non-Messianic
b) Messianic
2) Jews in the Diaspora
a) non-Messianic
b) Messianic
3) Gentile believers
a) non-Messianic
b) Messianic

Joshua 8:33
All Israel with their elders and officers and their judges were standing on both sides of the ark before the Levitical priests who carried the ark of the covenant of the LORD, the stranger as well as the native. Half of them stood in front of Mount Gerizim and half of them in front of Mount Ebal, just as Moses the servant of the LORD had given command at first to bless the people of Israel.

All categories would apply according to the verse above, as the native was there and also the stranger. And how could it change for those who are in Diaspora, when the fact is the Torah was given in Diaspora... in my opinion, the only commands that specifically required the land would not apply to those in exile, all the rest would continue to apply no matter where.

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sep 6, 2003
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
xDenax said:
Like jcpro I'm not sure what you want here exactly? This seems rather like a baiting thread.

No, not baiting :(
I thought we could actually discuss scripture and how we each perceive our relationship, or lack thereof to this passage.

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sep 6, 2003
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
etZion said:
Joshua 8:33
All Israel with their elders and officers and their judges were standing on both sides of the ark before the Levitical priests who carried the ark of the covenant of the LORD, the stranger as well as the native. Half of them stood in front of Mount Gerizim and half of them in front of Mount Ebal, just as Moses the servant of the LORD had given command at first to bless the people of Israel.

All categories would apply according to the verse above, as the native was there and also the stranger. And how could it change for those who are in Diaspora, when the fact is the Torah was given in Diaspora... in my opinion, the only commands that specifically required the land would not apply to those in exile, all the rest would continue to apply no matter where.

Well, for one thing this was written specifically to Jews ONCE they were in the Land, after they left the "Diaspora" of Mitzryim and b'Midbar.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Henaynei

Sep 6, 2003
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
etZion said:
So what exactly is your point?

Of each of the groups mentioned, what is your understanding of their relationship to all, part - what part, none of the blessings, curses and requirements as stated by HaShem in the referenced passage in the OP?

Upvote 0

etZion

A Dirty Gentile
Feb 2, 2012
✟16,035.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Of each of the groups mentioned, what is your understanding of their relationship to all, part - what part, none of the blessings, curses and requirements as stated by HaShem in the referenced passage in the OP?

Which was the answer in my previous post, you do realize that the Deuteronomy passage and the Joshua passage are connected right?

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sep 6, 2003
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
etZion said:
Which was the answer in my previous post, you do realize that the Deuteronomy passage and the Joshua passage are connected right?

Yes, but I found it thought provoking that this ceremony/activity/admonition specifically did Not take place until Israel entered the Land.

Upvote 0

etZion

A Dirty Gentile
Feb 2, 2012
✟16,035.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but I found it thought provoking that this ceremony/activity/admonition specifically did Not take place until Israel entered the Land.

If you don't mind me asking, what is thought provoking about it, to you?

As per the groups mentioned earlier, gentiles also participated in this event, as the scripture records strangers were present.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Henaynei

Sep 6, 2003
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
etZion said:

As per the groups mentioned earlier, gentiles also participated in this event, as the scripture records strangers were present.

I have heard and seen numerous attitudes, teachings, beliefs and understandings based on the events and "promises" of this passage.

I am interested in exploring the various attitudes, teachings, beliefs and understanding among the members of this forum. We are a diverse group from many backgrounds, experiences and views of scripture.

Yours isn't likely to be the only, or even necessarily the correct one. :)

Upvote 0

jcpro

Jul 4, 2011
✟8,491.00
Faith
Judaism

Of course Deuteronomy excludes strangers as it list the tribes on each mountain.

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sep 6, 2003
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

etZion

A Dirty Gentile
Feb 2, 2012
✟16,035.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I have heard and seen numerous attitudes, teachings, beliefs and understandings based on the events and "promises" of this passage.

I am interested in exploring the various attitudes, teachings, beliefs and understanding among the members of this forum. We are a diverse group from many backgrounds, experiences and views of scripture.

Yours isn't likely to be the only, or even necessarily the correct one. :)

Of course, I was offering it for discussion, would you like to discuss it? Or were you just looking for a bunch of opinions?

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sep 6, 2003
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
jcpro said:
Of course Deuteronomy excludes strangers as it list the tribes on each mountain.

See, another, and throughly valid, POV.

Thanks jcpro :)

Upvote 0