Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Jer 29:4 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, unto all that are carried away captives, whom I have caused to be carried away from Jerusalem unto Babylon;
Jer 29:5 Build ye houses, and dwell in them; and plant gardens, and eat the fruit of them;
Jer 29:6 Take ye wives, and beget sons and daughters; and take wives for your sons, and give your daughters to husbands, that they may bear sons and daughters; that ye may be increased there, and not diminished.
Jer 29:7 And seek the peace of the city whither I have caused you to be carried away captives, and pray unto the LORD for it: for in the peace thereof shall ye have peace.

We must pray for the peace of our individual countries and the cities we live in. I believe the above verse is strong motivation for genuine and expectant prayer.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Jer 29:4 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, unto all that are carried away captives, whom I have caused to be carried away from Jerusalem unto Babylon;
Jer 29:5 Build ye houses, and dwell in them; and plant gardens, and eat the fruit of them;
Jer 29:6 Take ye wives, and beget sons and daughters; and take wives for your sons, and give your daughters to husbands, that they may bear sons and daughters; that ye may be increased there, and not diminished.
Jer 29:7 And seek the peace of the city whither I have caused you to be carried away captives, and pray unto the LORD for it: for in the peace thereof shall ye have peace.

We must pray for the peace of our individual countries and the cities we live in. I believe the above verse is strong motivation for genuine and expectant prayer.

i agree. Praying praying praying, brother.

God bless you. We all need prayer DESPERATELY, right about now.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
In a way we are like captives in a strange land. Inwardly we want to be clothed with immortality like the apostle Paul teaches. Inwardly we want to voice of doubt that we see everywhere in the world to be silenced by Gods mighty hand.

That's almost poetic.....yes, i agree.

Amen.

Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Amen. Lately it's been even harder to concentrate.
When i feel burdened by that i just close my eyes and meditate on simplicity and love. Its like i have found a place of refuge. Battle weary, i need that refuge.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
When i feel burdened by that i just close my eyes and meditate on simplicity and love. Its like i have found a place of refuge. Battle weary, i need that refuge.

That's a good term for it, "battle weary"....yes, meditating on simplicity and love, grace, and thankfulness IS a refuge. So is humor...it can be "medicinal" just like that verse that says a merry heart is like good medicine.

• Friendly
  • Agree
Reactions: AACJ and W2L
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's a good term for it, "battle weary"....yes, meditating on simplicity and love, grace, and thankfulness IS a refuge. So is humor...it can be "medicinal" just like that verse that says a merry heart is like good medicine.
Amen.

Upvote 0

EzekielsWheels

Site Supporter
Oct 3, 2018
Southeast
Visit site
✟90,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Totally agree and thank you for this post. Sometimes I find the Lord motivates me to pray for the fire department, or police department or other municipal agencies (and don't forget the postal service!). Thanks and god bless you because I had not found scriptural support for this but I am delighted to see that there is.

Reactions: AACJ
Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Totally agree and thank you for this post. Sometimes I find the Lord motivates me to pray for the fire department, or police department or other municipal agencies (and don't forget the postal service!). Thanks and god bless you because I had not found scriptural support for this but I am delighted to see that there is.
It is a great verse, one that I don't recall ever finding in any writings that I can think of. Its very existence is motivation to find other like verses, I think.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Thanks everyone for your prayers. It is a great comfort to know that we are not alone in our prayers and efforts for our communities and nations.

Amen!!! Especially now. We need to pray together now more than ever.

Praying!!!

Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Battle weary. I can identify with that. I have learned the need for renewal/devotional time every day before or as I start my day off. I work my renewal 'program' every day. It is all too easy for myself to get discouraged without it. By the grace of God, that does not happen anymore. In no sense do I now regard Bible reading as some kind of chore. Spiritual formation.

Spiritual formation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Battle weary. I can identify with that. I have learned the need for renewal/devotional time every day before or as I start my day off. I work my renewal 'program' every day. It is all too easy for myself to get discouraged without it. In my early Christian walk, I sometimes did not feel, at certain times, like reading the Bible. By the grace of God, that does not happen anymore. In no sense do I now regard Bible reading as some kind of chore. Spiritual formation.
Amen brother.

Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Amen brother.
I should qualify that. I didn't mean I never get discouraged. I till do at times, but I now have quick victory over such discouragement through working my renewal program. I also didn't mean that I never feel too tired or worn out in my mind to read the Bible at some point. I meant that at some point as I start my day out, I find myself looking forward to reading Scripture, and I do. But I am very specific in how I approach Scripture. We can "pray through Scripture"; we can understand that God's Word is His appointment with us to teach and comfort us; we can understand that God's Word, regardless of the medium through which it is transmitted, is alive and powerful (God's word is just as alive and effective passing through our lips as it is through reading it on paper), We can study topically, we can open up a list of encouraging verses and ask the Lord to lead us to those verses that will help for that day, etc.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I should qualify that. I didn't mean I never get discouraged. I till do at times, but I now have quick victory over such discouragement through working my renewal program. I also didn't mean that I never feel too tired or worn out in my mind to read the Bible at some point. I meant that at some point as I start my day out, I find myself looking forward to reading Scripture, and I do. But I am very specific in how I approach Scripture. We can "pray through Scripture"; we can understand that God's Word is His appointment with us to teach and comfort us; we can understand that God's Word, regardless of the medium through which it is transmitted, is alive and powerful (God's word is just as alive and effective passing through our lips as it is through reading it on paper), We can study topically, we can open up a list of encouraging verses and ask the Lord to lead us to those verses that will help for that day, etc.
His word is a lamp for our feet.

Upvote 0