Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
What conclusions re Heavenly Mom do you draw from the verses you cite?
We can see the plural use of God in these scriptures, we also see the genders of male and female. We also see that man was created God's own male image. Then it goes on to state that He created both male and female, but does not say how or who's image the female, Eve, was created in. God the Father is male and is called Father. We also know that Jesus is male. If Eve is in the image of God we would not expect her to have a beard or to look like a man. I conclude that she is in the image of her mother.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
We pray and worship the same God that Jesus taught us to pray to and worship.

No, you do not! Jesus' Heavenly Father had no father! He was never human! Jesus had no grandfather, and He had no heavenly mother! He created from nothing! He did not muck things up at creation and had to have Satan straighten out the mess so Adam and Eve could have children!

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
No, you do not! Jesus' Heavenly Father had no father! He was never human! Jesus had no grandfather, and He had no heavenly mother! He created from nothing! He did not muck things up at creation and had to have Satan straighten out the mess so Adam and Eve could have children!
You said: "No, you do not! Jesus' Heavenly Father had no father! He was never human! Jesus had no grandfather, and He had no heavenly mother!"

Citations needed.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
You said: "No, you do not! Jesus' Heavenly Father had no father! He was never human! Jesus had no grandfather, and He had no heavenly mother!"

Citations needed.

You have been given them more times than I can count. Read the bible. You have not one verse of proof from the bible that He did. There is no heavenly mother in the bible. He is from everlasting to everlasting--He always was and always will be---you do not know the real God of the bible.
Isa_43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
Num_23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?
Psa_90:2 Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.
Psa_93:2 Thy throne is established of old: thou art from everlasting.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
We can see the plural use of God in these scriptures, we also see the genders of male and female. We also see that man was created God's own male image. Then it goes on to state that He created both male and female, but does not say how or who's image the female, Eve, was created in. God the Father is male and is called Father. We also know that Jesus is male. If Eve is in the image of God we would not expect her to have a beard or to look like a man. I conclude that she is in the image of her mother.

Because JS had no concept of the use of the name of God in Jewish think9ing. God is all that is male and all that is female. He encompasses the nurturing aspect of female in the name of EL Shaddai--The Hebrew word "shad" or "shadayim" (meaning "breast" or "breasts") occurs 24 times as "Shaddai" and signifies One who nourishes, supplies, and satisfies (Isaiah 60:16, 66:10-13). Combined with the word for God, "El", it then becomes the "One mighty to nourish, satisfy, and supply".

You do not know the real God--you know the god of JS.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
You have been given them more times than I can count. Read the bible. You have not one verse of proof from the bible that He did. There is no heavenly mother in the bible. He is from everlasting to everlasting--He always was and always will be---you do not know the real God of the bible.
Isa_43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
Num_23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?
Psa_90:2 Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.
Psa_93:2 Thy throne is established of old: thou art from everlasting.

Still not one scripture that proves your point. God is not a man, but He once was. Yes God is from everlasting to everlasting, we all are.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Because JS had no concept of the use of the name of God in Jewish think9ing. God is all that is male and all that is female. He encompasses the nurturing aspect of female in the name of EL Shaddai--The Hebrew word "shad" or "shadayim" (meaning "breast" or "breasts") occurs 24 times as "Shaddai" and signifies One who nourishes, supplies, and satisfies (Isaiah 60:16, 66:10-13). Combined with the word for God, "El", it then becomes the "One mighty to nourish, satisfy, and supply".

You do not know the real God--you know the god of JS.
While it is true that God does nourish us by His word, He is all male but not all female. George Ritchie, who saw God said that He is 100% male, and I believe him.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Still not one scripture that proves your point. God is not a man, but He once was. Yes God is from everlasting to everlasting, we all are.

You are adding what is not there anywhere---He is not a man, period. He could never have been a man for He is from everlasting---He always was God. He had no beginning. He was never a man. What JS wanted was to be God, just as Satan wanted. Only way was to lower the ALL Powerful God that was from everlasting and make Him into some glorified man that could do a few parlor tricks and we can do the same. He degraded the God of the bible so he could elevate himself into also becoming God. It is a concept straight from the mind of Satan---and Satan can quote scripture better than anyone on earth. We are not from everlasting---just another JS lie.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
While it is true that God does nourish us by His word, He is all male but not all female. George Ritchie, who saw God said that He is 100% male, and I believe him.

No, He separated us and the whole of the animal kingdom--except for a few that are self replicating. Who the blazes is George Richie? And why should I believe him instead of the bible?

Upvote 0

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
George Ritchie, who saw God said that He is 100% male, and I believe him.

This George Ritchie?

51ZCBZed6OL.jpg

published in 1978. In the book he tells of his out-of-body experience, his meeting with Jesus Christ, and his travel with Christ through different dimensions of time and space. At the age of twenty, George Ritchie died in an Army hospital. Nine minutes later, he returned to life.

Maybe had he stayed longer than nine minutes he would have met Heavenly Mother.

Think about it when you sing "O My Father" this Sunday...

OMyFatherlyrics said:
Truth is reason; truth eternal
Tells me I've a mother there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
This George Ritchie?

51ZCBZed6OL.jpg

Oxygen depravation produces these types of hallucinations. I've gone into resp. failure twice after surgeries. The first timed, I saw nothing. The 2nd time, I FELT I WAS IN THE PRESENC E OF GOD, I DID NOT SEE ANYTHING, I FELT AN INCREDIBLE SENSE OF PEACE AND LOVE AND THEN EVERYTHING WENT BLACK. NOTHING IN EITHER CASE, POST DEATH. there ARE WHAT IS TERMED NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCES ALL OVER THE GLOBE, EACH ACCORDING TO THEIR BASIC BELIEVES. THE HINDU SEE THEIR GODS--AND SO ON. (how do you keep the caps lock from happening? Drives me crazy!!)
I do not believe we go immediately to heaven or hell and that is what I saw, nothing. If this should happen to a Mormon, they very well could see a heavenly mother apparition. Test pilots when undergoing oxygen deprivation had the same experiences.
What is very telling---in the bible, not one single person that was resurrected after being dead, including Lazarus, ever said one single word about it. If they had seen something, they would have said so! If Lazarus had been in hell, he'd have asked Jesus what took Him so long to get him out and thanked Him for doing so! If he had been in heaven, he'd have asked why Jesus brought him back here!

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
This George Ritchie?

51ZCBZed6OL.jpg

Yes this George Ritche. When he was speaking with us a man asked him if God the Father was female and he said that He was absolutely male. I am sure that he has been there long enough to know about our heavenly mother by now, but he is not coming back to tell us.

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Although it is not doctrine, it is in our hymn book and we do believe that Eve is in the image of Her.
Your church disagrees with you. Bold is mine for emphasis.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints teaches that all human beings, male and female, are beloved spirit children of heavenly parents, a Heavenly Father and a Heavenly Mother. This understanding is rooted in scriptural and prophetic teachings about the nature of God, our relationship to Deity, and the godly potential of men and women. The doctrine of a Heavenly Mother is a cherished and distinctive belief among Latter-day Saints.

Mother in Heaven

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I think honouring their Heavenly Mother is unessential in the grand scheme of things. All of the Mormon's attention seems drawn towards their heavenly Father who alone seems to receive worship and primary credit for our existence.

Heavenly Mother seems like an idea born out of the necessity of Mormon Emphasis on the family unit. Since to be married is to be better than to not be married it makes no sense heavenly Father wouldn't have his own wife/wives. We also shouldn't discount the idea there are multiple heavenly Mothers.

The term Heavenly Mother made me think of Mary and Catholics saying she is the mother of God because of her relationshp with Jesus. If not her, there is no such thing as a heavenly mother.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
We have not been given the reason why Heavenly Father has chosen not to reveal her to the world. So I cannot really respond to your question.

Don't you think the fact that a Heavenly Mother has never been revealed to the world could mean there is no woman married to God? It is said in the Bible God's bride is his people on Earth, not a mysterious lady.

• Agree
Reactions: drstevej
Upvote 0