Mar 2, 2013
✟287,917.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Think about all the smack talk God has to deal with on a daily basis.

Do you think he'd want the missus to get it as well?

Hence why people try to keep her out of things.

Before I respond. Is this a serious answer?

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟287,917.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
We have not been given the reason why Heavenly Father has chosen not to reveal her to the world. So I cannot really respond to your question.

I understand that, but surely you can see my concern? It seems to me that she should worshiped on par with Heavenly Father. There is some worship due to her/them solely for their part in the creation of humanity.

Upvote 0

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
“The only one I know of who has been resurrected and had children—that I know of—is my Father in heaven and my Mother in heaven. You could not have a Father in heaven without a Mother in heaven . . . our Father in heaven must have gone through a life of mortality and become resurrected, and we have to have a Mother in heaven, because we could not have a Father without a Mother at any time, in any life. We were their children born after their resurrection.”

(Eldred G. Smith, “Exaltation,” in Brigham Young University Speeches of the Year, 1963–64, Provo: Brigham Young University, 1964: 6; at the time, he was Presiding Patriarch of the church)

Upvote 0

drstevej

In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
heavenly-mother-pq.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

drstevej

In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Anyone read this book...

In this stunning new collection of poems, Rachel Hunt Steenblik (Mormon Feminism: Essential Writings) explores the deep, human longing for a divine mother to complement the male God that has long dominated our culture.

51E6eiEXfpL.jpg

Upvote 0

drstevej

In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Proverbs 31:30

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

=======

But keep quiet regarding Heavenly Mom.

.... embarrassing silence....

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Anyone read this book...

51E6eiEXfpL.jpg

That's so sad. Especially because every Christian, whether they know it or not, already has a heavenly Mother; her name is Mary. She's not a goddess or the wife after the flesh of God the Father, but she is Immaculate, holy, pure, and loving. And a LOT has been written about her.

immaculate-heart-of-mary1.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

drstevej

In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This Sunday is Mother's Day... a time to remember and celebrate our mothers.

QUESTION: Since Mormons believe there is a Heaven Mother as well as a Heavenly Father, how will you celebrate Heavenly Mother this Sunday? Singing "O My Father" is one way, what are others?

And are non-Mormons wrong for rejecting as blasphemy the existence of a Heavenly Mother? I say, that inventing Heavenly Mother makes both reason and Revelation "stare."

Mother's Day approaches... will any of our Mormon posters tell us what Heaven Mother means to them? What makes her worthy of worship?

Upvote 0

drstevej

In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why so quiet about her?

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints teaches that all human beings, male and female, are beloved spirit children of heavenly parents, a Heavenly Father and a Heavenly Mother. This understanding is rooted in scriptural and prophetic teachings about the nature of God, our relationship to Deity, and the godly potential of men and women. The doctrine of a Heavenly Mother is a cherished and distinctive belief among Latter-day Saints.

Mother in Heaven

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for confirming that some Mormons here are being cagey at the very least who knowingly understand when Christians speak of Jesus being 100% coequal with the Father it includes worship of Jesus.

When a person honors God the Father, they worship him ... right?
As members of The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints we worship God the Father. The Bible states:
(New Testament | Romans 15:5 - 7)

5 Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus:
6 That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
7 Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God.

The Bible also states:

(New Testament | 1 Corinthians 8:5 - 6)

5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

And Jesus said:

(New Testament | Matthew 19:17)

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

But is it wrong to worship Jesus Christ? I do not believe it is. Jesus has been perfected:

(New Testament | Luke 13:32)

32 And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.

(Book of Mormon | 3 Nephi 11:16 - 17)

16 And when they had all gone forth and had witnessed for themselves, they did cry out with one accord, saying:
17 Hosanna! Blessed be the name of the Most High God! And they did fall down at the feet of Jesus, and did worship him.

(Book of Mormon | 4 Nephi 1:37)

37 Therefore the true believers in Christ, and the true worshipers of Christ, (among whom were the three disciples of Jesus who should tarry) were called Nephites, and Jacobites, and Josephites, and Zoramites.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Why so quiet about her?

Mother in Heaven
Well there is this:

(New Testament | 1 Corinthians 11:8 - 12)

8 For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man.
9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
10 For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.
11 Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord.
12 For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God.

Eve is in the image of God:

(Old Testament | Genesis 1:26 - 27)

26 ¶ And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Upvote 0