Mother Teresa, did she go to hell?

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is simply a lie.
Many protestants believe being catholic is worse than being hindu or islamic or satanist.

My dad called it "the falsest of false religions."
The pastor of the pentecostal church I grew up in left the faith when the Catholic Charismatic Renewal hit. He told us that if God allowed the Catholics to "get the Holy Ghost;" then every word in the bible was a lie.

Upvote 0

AvilaSurfer

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟934,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Many protestants believe being catholic is worse than being hindu or islamic or satanist.

My dad called it "the falsest of false religions."
The pastor of the pentecostal church I grew up in left the faith when the Catholic Charismatic Renewal hit. He told us that if God allowed the Catholics to "get the Holy Ghost;" then every word in the bible was a lie.
Doesn't keep the post I referenced from being a lie. And I don't know what "get the Holy Spirit" means. The Holy Spirit is available to everyone. We just need to accept.

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟752,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Probably the best one can do is to discern doctrinal differences and stay true to the Gospel as one has received it observing love of God & neighbor, the golden rule, 10 commandments etc.

There are no better Christians among Catholics, Protestants, or Orthodox. We will never see common unity in this world but those who are saved will in the world to come.

We probably all need to note the Lord's words in statements like Matthew 23:12 etc. and St. Paul in Romans 11:21-23 .

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
. And I don't know what "get the Holy Spirit" means.
According to classic Pentecostal theology - the initial evidence of the "Holy Ghost" was speaking in tongues and proved salvation. And the Catholics at Notre Dame University were speaking in tongues - hundreds of them. Maybe a couple thousand at that point. That meant that the Catholics were being saved (and still remained Catholics) - a point he could not deal with.

OTOH, I attended some of their conferences there and rejoiced with them. :)

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
According to classic Pentecostal theology - the initial evidence of the "Holy Ghost" was speaking in tongues and proved salvation. And the Catholics at Notre Dame University were speaking in tongues - hundreds of them. Maybe a couple thousand at that point. That meant that the Catholics were being saved (and still remained Catholics) - a point he could not deal with.

OTOH, I attended some of their conferences there and rejoiced with them. :)

Someone said even satanists claim to speak in toungs, I doubt they have the holy spirit. If You read Your bible as christians should it says all tongues should be interpreted... that means no jibberish. It means that it is a language and a gift of speaking another language and a gift that a few people have. Other people have other gifts. A church does not function if noone can interpret, or prophecy or dream or do other things. So that talk about Holy Spirit enter and out comes jibberish is twisted. About Mother Theresa, She probably tried hard to please God. We are no judges, only God is the judge. I think she did not judge other people, maybe that is why she did not evangelise so much, maybe she did not want to offend other people. Who does want that, really? If you say Jesus is Lord You see how many negative responses You get in this world. The ones that knows Him and obeys His commands will be saved I suppose, and in our own strength we will not succeed, we need to rely on His Grace. It is also very important to have the will to forgive our enemies. We do need the Help of the Holy Spirit to be strengthened. And as someone said Do not believe everything on Youtube. God sees to the heart, He also said be brave and courageous.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: bangmegafan
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Someone said even satanists claim to speak in toungs, I doubt they have the holy spirit.
And other non-christian groups as well. They have been indwelt by a demon of false tongues. I have run into that in the past.

Upvote 0