bangmegafan

May 31, 2016
India
✟42,136.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok as far as my knowledge is concerned she should go to heaven but there is at least a question of this kind

She did great service in India and she said she could see Jesus suffering in the people who are sick

Why this question.. Why there are many videos about this topic

What sin she did

She didn't even get married and didn't live in her birth country.. then what she will do with money or something else

Why this question arises in first place

Please answer me

Upvote 0

Instrument150

Aug 6, 2017
Pensacola
✟14,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Ok as far as my knowledge is concerned she should go to heaven but there is at least a question of this kind

She did great service in India and she said she could see Jesus suffering in the people who are sick

Why this question.. Why there are many videos about this topic

What sin she did

She didn't even get married and didn't live in her birth country.. then what she will do with money or something else

Why this question arises in first place

Please answer me

You are being tempted to judge the sin of this person in an attempt to relieve you of some worry over your own involvement in sin. All of your answers in the Bible, I do not know this woman or very much about her, and it's not necessary for me to say that yes she indeed was a sinner. Because we all are. And whether or not she was called, and then chosen during the fulfillment of her calling is a matter that is entirely between her and Jesus. If you study her and find things that you think are sinful, question why it is sinful and try to apply it to your life. Any lingering on the salvation of this woman keeps you in bondage, because it is a burden none of us are fit to carry

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
The video has very little to do with Mother Teresa. It is more of a diatribe against Catholic theology.

"Roman Catholicism will send you straight to hell"
---------------------------------------------------------Quoted from the video

That is the theme the video sets out for itself.

Upvote 0

Instrument150

Aug 6, 2017
Pensacola
✟14,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
The video has very little to do with Mother Teresa. It is more of a diatribe against Catholic theology.

"Roman Catholicism will send you straight to hell"
---------------------------------------------------------Quoted from the video

That is the theme the video sets out for itself.

I thought so. I imagine if you followed catholic tradition to the letter, that's likely the case. But ... I know a "catholic" that has no idea what that even means, and just knows she believes what Jesus did. And I don't imagine Jesus will judge based on which label was forced on you by your family. But I digress

• Agree
Reactions: bangmegafan
Upvote 0

bangmegafan

May 31, 2016
India
✟42,136.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are being tempted to judge the sin of this person in an attempt to relieve you of some worry over your own involvement in sin. All of your answers in the Bible, I do not know this woman or very much about her, and it's not necessary for me to say that yes she indeed was a sinner. Because we all are. And whether or not she was called, and then chosen during the fulfillment of her calling is a matter that is entirely between her and Jesus. If you study her and find things that you think are sinful, question why it is sinful and try to apply it to your life. Any lingering on the salvation of this woman keeps you in bondage, because it is a burden none of us are fit to carry

I'm answering here as you are asking about myself. I'm an Indian and born as Hindu. And now I'm submitted to Jesus.

And I so far know Mother Theresa was believer of Jesus. But I didn't really know about catholics

I'm sure I'm saved because I know only one Christian religion which teaches about Jesus in India

But my question was different. Let Mother Theresa was a catholic. But she was servent of Jesus. She followed His commandments. She served poor who didn't have food or people for themselves

She also said she could see suffering Jesus among them

Then why she should go to hell though she might be a catholic by religion

I posted this thread here as I thought you know her more than what I know

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Instrument150

Aug 6, 2017
Pensacola
✟14,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
I'm answering here as you are asking about myself. I'm an Indian and born as Hindu. And now I'm submitted to Jesus.

And I so far know Mother Theresa was believer of Jesus. But I didn't really know about catholics

I'm sure I'm saved because I know only one Christian religion which teaches about Jesus in India

But my question was different. Let Mother Theresa was a catholic. But she was servent of Jesus. She followed His commandments. She served poor who didn't have food or people for themselves

She also said she could see suffering Jesus among them

Then why she should go to hell though she might be a catholic by religion

I posted this thread here as I thought you know her more than what I know

And it is a great question, especially now that I understand it better. If your question is because someone told you that SINCE she was a catholic, she'd be going to hell, that is not necessarily the case. You can't believe what anyone says about it, and you have to find the good in what she has done and see how those same kinds of fruits can manifest in your life. Jesus offers us freedom from sin and judgement. He offered the same thing to Mother Teresa, and whether or not she accepted it is a decree that i shutter with fear at the concept of even trying to make that judgement

• Agree
Reactions: bangmegafan
Upvote 0

PeaceByJesus

Unworthy servant for the Worthy Lord + Savior
Feb 20, 2013
USA
Visit site
✟83,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Although Catholicism is the most manifest deformation of the NT church (see at link), based upon the only wholly inspired preserved record of what it believed, and has sadly become as the gates of Hell for multitudes, yet since it has not utterly apostatized but retains salvific Truth, then simple souls of a broken heart and contrite spirit who cast all their faith upon the risen Lord Jesus to save them on His account, by His sinless shed blood, can be saved.

However, that is far more of a remnant than in evangelicalism, with most of those who Rome counts and treats as members also being quite liberal in contrast.

• Agree
Reactions: Instrument150
Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
If we are to judge Mother Teresa as beingin hell for her sins, that is the same yardstick that our own sins will be judged with.

Maybe Mother Teresa got the theological formula for faith and works right. Maybe she was theologically incorrect.
But if that is the standard that is being used to judge her eternal soul by other Christians of this world, then so be it.

• Winner
Reactions: Instrument150
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because there are many videos on YT and some of them can get very silly.
:) I did a little research and found some very troubling statements she made.

Did not preach the gospel.
Did not attempt to convert any one.
Promoted a form of universalism .
States things like... If you are Hindu I will convert you into a better Hindu. ...etc
And confessed that for most of her time working in Calcutta she doubted God even existed.
Etc.
These are documented facts in interviews etc.
Was she a remarkable woman ?yes.
But only in that she covenented herself to aiding the poor and being bound by it obligingly stuck at it.

But since she never proclaimed the Gospel of Jesus.
In whose name did she do it?

• Informative
Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,313.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
@Alithis

That's pretty shocking. I'm not going to be convinced one way or another, given her infamy and canonization, whether she is in heaven now or not. My gut reaction to the video was the same one I had when I watched the video about Abraham Lincoln being a KGB agent.

Upvote 0

Sea Horse

Aug 28, 2017
Kielce , Świętokrzyskie
✟8,647.00
Country
Belarus
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
:) I did a little research and found some very troubling statements she made.

Did not preach the gospel.
Did not attempt to convert any one.
Promoted a form of universalism .
States things like... If you are Hindu I will convert you into a better Hindu. ...etc
And confessed that for most of her time working in Calcutta she doubted God even existed.
Etc.
These are documented facts in interviews etc.
Was she a remarkable woman ?yes.
But only in that she covenented herself to aiding the poor and being bound by it obligingly stuck at it.

But since she never proclaimed the Gospel of Jesus.
In whose name did she do it?

Matthew 7:22-23 Sums it up

Upvote 0