✟9,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Or you can believe the Bible!
Lk 1:43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

Mother of my Lord, is the Mother of God! Lord and God are the same, as in Det. Hear oh Israel the Lord your God is one...

• Agree
Reactions: Antig
Upvote 0

Markwsmith2020

Oct 8, 2017
dallas
✟9,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Mary is a creature like is and not the creator no, mother does not mean source, but she is the mother of Jesus Christ, and He is God, and the Bible and the church (apostles) in council agree Mary is the Mother of God!
Lk 1:43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,235,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I think you were referring to what I wrote. Which was to show a logical conclusion of what I was responding to. If Mary is NOT the mother of God than Jesus was not God. It's about that simple. That was the point of the Council of Ephesus, that Jesus WAS God from the moment of his human conception. That Mary bore God into this world. Denying that is to deny Jesus was and is God. Someone who says Mary is not the mother of God but only the 'earthly mother of Jesus is really saying that Jesus was not God. Maybe they are only doing a reflexive anti-Mary reaction, but if they thought it through, they would realize it and maybe back away from that conclusion.

My words:
That is, if Jesus Christ is was not God between his conception and birth.
Responding to:
No. She's the earthly mother of Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,235,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Was she the creator of the second member of the Triune Godhead? Absolutely not (John 1:1-4).
Now who have you ever met, or read about, or even heard of, who says Mary created the second member of the Triune Godhead?

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟367,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I am waiting for the next two threads. The first will be that Mary is the Mother of Love. The logic is crystal clear. Jesus is God and God is Love. Scripture explicitly states the latter, thus Mary is the Mother of Love.

The second is not quite as clear, although equally logical. Mary's Son was blind. This is a little-recognized fact. This is because Jesus is God, God is Love, and Love is blind.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,178,962.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Was she the creator of the second member of the Triune Godhead? Absolutely not (John 1:1-4).
No mother is the creator of her children. All are God's creation.
God made Adam from the earth, then He took Adam's flesh and made Eve, and from that time on He has taken flesh from both mother and father to make every other child, Jesus being the sole exception wher He only took flesh from Mary.

Upvote 0

concretecamper

Member of His Church
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟274,309.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"And being with child." In the presence of all
the angels, for the rejoicing of the good and for the punishment of the evil ones, who resisted the Divine Will and the fulfillment of these mysteries, it became manifest that the three Persons of the blessed Trinity had
selected this wonderful Woman as the Mother of the Onlybegotten of the Father"

Upvote 0

Crusader05

Veteran
Jan 23, 2005
Omaha, NE
✟22,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Some points about this; the title "Mother of God" is meant to affirm the divinity of Christ. If we say Jesus is God then Mary is his mother. We honor Mary to fulfill the commandment to honor our mother and father. Truly, Jesus was perfect and honored his mother & father, who are we to not follow his example?

Upvote 0