Should government forces citizens to receive medical services?

• Yes - Government knows best

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • No - We should have a right to choose what to do with our own bodies

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters

Moral Orel

Proud Citizen of Moralton
Site Supporter
May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Your poll doesn't match the news story or thread title. Choosing what to do with your own body is a wholly different question than allowing parents to choose what to do with their kids. And Zoii already beat you to the latter question here: religous-freedom-versus-child-neglect

Why would you automatically just lump them together like that?

Reactions: Icewater
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Plus, the mother had already agreed to vaccinate the child as part of the custody battle. It was part of the agreement between the parents, not simply the judge up and deciding the matter.

Upvote 0

Waddler

Live a story worth telling well.
Jul 19, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
✟27,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Should the government decide for us what medical services we must receive or should citizens (or their parents if they're a child) have the right to choose what to do with their own body?

US mother jailed for not vaccinating boy
She was jailed for defying a court order based on a previous legal agreement with her ex-husband to have their son vaccinated. I don't think jail is appropriate, but not vaccinating a child endangers them, and there it becomes a difficult issue. I don't think the government has a right to mandate what a person can or can't do with their own body, but a child also has rights, and his or her parents are supposed to be stewards of the child's well-being.

Upvote 0

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Your poll doesn't match the news story or thread title. Choosing what to do with your own body is a wholly different question than allowing parents to choose what to do with their kids. And Zoii already beat you to the latter question here: religous-freedom-versus-child-neglect

Why would you automatically just lump them together like that?

1. Parents are responsible for their children.
2. Disagreeing with the government's medical opinion isn't child neglect. These mothers refuse to vaccinate because they love their children.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Silly poll options aside, if someone declines to accept the duties that come with living in a community or society they should be removed from it. Everyone talks about individual rights, no-one talks about civic responsibility.

In the case of vaccination, breaking herd immunity endangers the weakest amongst us.

Reprehensible, criminal behaviour.

Upvote 0

Moral Orel

Proud Citizen of Moralton
Site Supporter
May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
1. Parents are responsible for their children.
2. Disagreeing with the government's medical opinion isn't child neglect. These mothers refuse to vaccinate because they love their children.
So you're saying that if I think the government should step in if parents refuse to allow their kids to receive medical care, then it is invalid for me to think that an adult should be able to refuse to receive medical care for himself?

Upvote 0

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
She was jailed for defying a court order based on a previous legal agreement with her ex-husband to have their son vaccinated. I don't think jail is appropriate, but not vaccinating a child endangers them, and there it becomes a difficult issue. I don't think the government has a right to mandate what a person can or can't do with their own body, but a child also has rights, and his or her parents are supposed to be stewards of the child's well-being.

"not vaccinating a child endangers them" is merely an opinion that some medical professionals reject. Scientific studies and the historical evidence is conclusive and beyond dispute that the vast decline in mortality from measles and other childhood diseases had absolutely nothing to do with vaccines and was instead the result of improvements in nutrition and sanitation as the following chart clearly shows:

G11.6-US-Measles-1900-19871.png

Are you saying that when parent and government disagree on what's best for a child, the government should overrule the parent and decide how to treat their child?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LinguaIgnota
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
So you're saying that if I think the government should step in if parents refuse to allow their kids to receive medical care, then it is invalid for me to think that an adult should be able to refuse to receive medical care for himself?

When I wrote the OP, I assumed everyone agreed they were the same. It now looks like this Christian and American value of parents having responsibility over their children is not shared by all.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, this is a very popular lie started over 100 years ago by the toxic drug makers.

This is incorrect. It was started ober 100 years ago by scientific evidence.

Scientific studies and the historical evidence is conclusive and beyond dispute that the vast decline in mortality from measles and other childhood diseases had absolutely nothing to do with vaccines and was instead the result of improvements in nutrition and sanitation.

Completely false.

Measles_US_1944-2007_inset.png

Upvote 0

Tanj

Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That's what you were told, eh?

Are you really that gullible ? Trust politicians too ? And car salesmen ?

Quick quiz question: What do you think I do for a living? Answer: I work in medical research, including a number of projects in vaccinology. I choose the believe the work I do and the understanding of vaccines and immunology I have built up and contributed to over the last 30 years.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Quick quiz question: What do you think I do for a living? Answer: I work in medical research, including a number of projects in vaccinology. I choose the believe the work I do and the understanding of vaccines and immunology I have built up and contributed to over the last 30 years.
Figures. Money instead of truth. That is the motive of pharmakeia, and those deceived by them.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
p.s. I studied the possibility of pharmacy work , from the pharmacists, pharmacy reps and industry and hospitals,
but I found out that it required lying every day, and injecting giving toxic substances into bodies that were healthy, breaking down the immune system of those previously healthier bodies..... no thanks. That's not honest work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
This is incorrect. It was started ober 100 years ago by scientific evidence.

Completely false.

Measles_US_1944-2007_inset.png

That's junk science. The US posts morality statistics every year which you can find on the CDC's own website that show a 98% decline in deaths from measles between 1900 and 1964 before the vaccine was ever introduced. That's why they deceptively start at 1944. Showing the huge decline between 1900 and 1944 would expose their scam. Here's the real chart (which you can confirm like I did on the CDC's own website):

G11.6-US-Measles-1900-19871.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tanj

Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That's junk science.

No, it isn't. It's an accurate display of the facts.

Notice they omit 1900 to 1944 where mortality from measles declined rapidly

Rather sadly, you didn't notice at all that there isn't a single mention of mortality anywhere on the data I presented. No-one is claiming that vaccines ameliorate disease progression. That is a red herring thrown up by reality denying anti-vaxxers.

The claim is that vaccines prevent the disease itself. Hence it's incidence that matters, not mortality.

Mortality rate is utterly irrelevant to the question of vaccine efficacy. As you say, the mortality prevention is due to improvements in healthcare.

Reactions: Moral Orel
Upvote 0