Over the moon like centipedes
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why do we worry about whether others are saved or not? And why do we worry about what other believers do? Shouldn't we be learning to mind our own business? Lol Whether one is saved or not or is a believer or not, we all still need correction from time to time. And i think thats one way to stand corrected, minding our business...There is no righteousness in our own eyes, only beams and motes...one we all carry everyday of our life, if not everyday, at least in our lifetime a branch will fall and somehow makema beam or mote land in our eye...its ok to give others advice and people should know the truth but praising and boasting about ourselves saved yet speculating and being skeptical about another fellow being child of God isnt right, it doesn't make us right...it only make us small minded and self -righteous. The Lord is still on his throne so we can't rob the Lord of his kingdom and as long as the Lord knows who are his, why do we argue about such matters ...like I said until we learn and mature in Jesus and practice the righteousness he dress on us, there will always be a beam and mote in our eye...

Last edited:

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟674,908.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This isn't a new phenomena.

I have stretched out My hands all day long to a rebellious people,
Who walk in a way that is not good,
According to their own thoughts;
A people who provoke Me to anger continually to My face;
Who sacrifice in gardens,
And burn incense on altars of brick;
Who sit among the graves,
And spend the night in the tombs;
Who eat swine’s flesh,
And the broth of abominable things is in their vessels;
Who say, ‘Keep to yourself,
Do not come near me,
For I am holier than thou!’
These are smoke in My nostrils,
A fire that burns all the day.

Isaiah 65: 2-5

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Why do we worry about whether others are saved or not? And why do we worry about what other believers do? Shouldn't we be learning to mind our own business? Lol Whether one is saved or not or is a believer or not, we all still need correction from time to time. And i think thats one way to stand corrected, minding our business...
Did Jesus "mind His Own Business" , as you put it ?

Did Jesus say to worry about anyone, or worry about anything ? Or did He say to go and do what the Father has said to do ?

What did Jesus say to do with a mote or with a bean in your own eye ?

What did Jesus say to do after that ?

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This isn't a new phenomena.

I have stretched out My hands all day long to a rebellious people,
Who walk in a way that is not good,
According to their own thoughts;
A people who provoke Me to anger continually to My face;
Who sacrifice in gardens,
And burn incense on altars of brick;
Who sit among the graves,
And spend the night in the tombs;
Who eat swine’s flesh,
And the broth of abominable things is in their vessels;
Who say, ‘Keep to yourself,
Do not come near me,
For I am holier than thou!’
These are smoke in My nostrils,
A fire that burns all the day.

Isaiah 65: 2-5

is he talking about pagans?

Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Did Jesus "mind His Own Business" , as you put it ?

Did Jesus say to worry about anyone, or worry about anything ? Or did He say to go and do what the Father has said to do ?

What did Jesus say to do with a mote or with a bean in your own eye ?

What did Jesus say to do after that ?
Jesus don't need to mind his own business cause he is Lord and judge over all..only he can see thru someone's heart and decides whether he wants to pierce it or not and trust me he doesn't pierce it to judge us , he pierces it for our own good. And I believe the Bible says those he loves, he corrects and he does it for our own good....lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
is he talking about pagans?
Jesus said everyone is welcome to his father's table, and that most definitely mean the pagans too...God does get angry but it is a rightoues anger a consuming fire, one that burns up real fast and i guess sometimes the things we might do burns him up, but the bible says his anger last for a moment but his favor last forever. So God may speak or seem angry in a certain passage but doesnt mean he will be on the next one you read..so

Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Jesus don't need to mind his own business cause he is Lord and judge over all..only he can see thru someone's heart and decided whether he wants to pierce it or not and trust me he doesn't pierce it to judge us , he pierces it for our own good. And I believe the Bible says those he loves, he corrects and he does it for our own good....lol
Good..... then also the Father tells us what to DO, EXACTLY as the Father told Jesus what to DO. We are told to have the SAME ATTITUDE AS CHRIST. And to DO what the Father says to do.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Jesus said everyone is welcome to his father's table, and that most definitely mean the pagans too..
And what did Jesus say to DO to be clothed with His Righteousness so that a person can receive the gift of eternal life and enjoy the resurrection life with Him now and in the life to come ? (instead of being thrown in the lake of fire with all the unbelievers and the demons)

Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Good..... then also the Father tells us what to DO, EXACTLY as the Father told Jesus what to DO. We are told to have the SAME ATTITUDE AS CHRIST. And to DO what the Father says to do.
Nope. God gave Jesus everything and he gave him authority over all things, in heaven and on Earth, We are not above our Lord and master, and since he has authority over us, he calls the shots. And he told us not to judge anyone unless we be judged ourselves...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And what did Jesus say to DO to be clothed with His Righteousness so that a person can receive the gift of eternal life and enjoy the resurrection life with Him now and in the life to come ? (instead of being thrown in the lake of fire with all the unbelievers and the demons)
He said to do his father's will...and most importantly believe in him

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
He said to do his father's will...and most importantly believe in him

What is His Father's Will for each one to do with the mote/beam in their eye ?

Is the first thing for a person to do "TURN TO GOD" (i.e. REPENT, stop, turn towards God, and stay away from sin) ?

Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What is His Father's Will for each one to do with the mote/beam in their eye ?

Is the first thing for a person to do "TURN TO GOD" (i.e. REPENT, stop, turn towards God, and stay away from sin) ?
His father will was to do the the will of his father and believe in him....

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Confess your sins and be baptized: Matthew 3:6

6 Confessing their sins, they were baptized by him in the Jordan River.

And then the Holy Spirit can save people. God saves.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟803,026.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why do we worry about whether others are saved or not? And why do we worry about what other believers do? Shouldn't we be learning to mind our own business? Lol Whether one is saved or not or is a believer or not, we all still need correction from time to time. And i think thats one way to stand corrected, minding our business...There is no righteousness in our own eyes, only beams and motes...one we all carry everyday of our life, if not everyday, at least in our lifetime a branch will fall and somehow makema beam or mote land in our eye...its ok to give others advice and people should know the truth but praising and boasting about ourselves saved yet speculating and being skeptical about another fellow being child of God isnt right, it doesn't make us right...it only make us small minded and self -righteous. The Lord is still on his throne so we can't rob the Lord of his kingdom and as long as the Lord knows who are his, why do we argue about such matters ...like I said until we learn and mature in Jesus and practice the righteousness he dress on us, there will always be a beam and mote in our eye...
When I "work" with other Christians on their spiritual growth, I get more out of it than I give.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There have certainly been loved ones in my life who were in very dark and ugly places, and my understanding of "salvation" at that point came into very sharp focus. This world needs God. And if nothing else it becomes a better place to live to the extent that people believe in Him.

• Friendly
Reactions: Jen35
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus don't need to mind his own business cause he is Lord and judge over all..only he can see thru someone's heart and decides whether he wants to pierce it or not and trust me he doesn't pierce it to judge us , he pierces it for our own good. And I believe the Bible says those he loves, he corrects and he does it for our own good....lol

We are supposed to exhort one another in Christ (Hebrews 3:12-13) Not be accusatory, unless there is something specific to accuse (1 Corinthians 5:12-13) and then there is an actual procedure in place to put someone out of the church.

People who run around forums telling Christians (in generic manner or not) they are sinners away from the will of God and need to fix their relationship with God are wrong, it's absolutely unbiblical.

If there is a person in a specific sin there is a way to address that, properly and Biblically. Screaming at random Christians how sinful Christians are isn't biblical in the least.

exhortation is encouragement... when I feel like I'm losing hope it's nice to have my brothers and sisters encourage me to keep faith, and often hope, alive..

Sometimes we need encouraging for good works, sometimes we need encouraging to stay strong when life is coming against us hard..

But those decrying the hypocrisy of others they don't even know probably have a log in their eye, because they are projecting the truth of their own soul onto others, assuming if they are that faulty then everyone else is... Its an actual psychological phenomenon called projection bias, Jesus was just the first to diagnose it/describe it..

It doesn't mean we don't discern the truth about those around us though, because when people are living in sin and teaching falsehoods, we must be able to recognise truth.. holding to the correct teachings and keeping the right influences in our lives otherwise we ourselves may go astray, and we don't want that..

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
We are supposed to exhort one another in Christ (Hebrews 3:12-13) ....

It doesn't mean we don't discern the truth about those around us though, because when people are living in sin and teaching falsehoods, we must be able to recognise truth.. holding to the correct teachings and keeping the right influences in our lives otherwise we ourselves may go astray, and we don't want that..

Within the assembly of true Ekklesia in Christ, some are meant to exhort others as directed by Jesus.
But not all. (a difference between "we" in Christ, vs "we" here/in a group/ in general) ...
Also, some who try exhorting others are out of order, and often are revealed to be out of Christ.

""we" must be able to recognize truth"
also requires clarifying the difference in "we" .... it hardly ever includes most of any group.....

• Useful
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0