Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would have no problem if Congress impeached Biden for pedaling influence. Since it is an actual crime. So far, I am hearing political reasons for impeachment like how he handled Afghanistan and his policies that are harming the country. I opposed using impeachment as a political weapon when the Democrats did so, and I oppose the Republicans doing it as well. IF one wishes to oust Biden because of his policies make sure one votes against him or his clone in 2024. Using impeachment as a political tool is much more an attack on the results of elections than claiming the election was stolen, as unsubstantiated claims do not have any chance of resulting in the removal of elected representatives of the people from office while impeachment does have such a chance.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,230.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I would have no problem if Congress impeached Biden for pedaling influence. Since it is an actual crime. So far, I am hearing political reasons for impeachment like how he handled Afghanistan and his policies that are harming the country. I opposed using impeachment as a political weapon when the Democrats did so, and I oppose the Republicans doing it as well. IF one wishes to oust Biden because of his policies make sure one votes against him or his clone in 2024. Using impeachment as a political tool is much more an attack on the results of elections than claiming the election was stolen, as unsubstantiated claims do not have any chance of resulting in the removal of elected representatives of the people from office while impeachment does have such a chance.

I think we definitely need more evidence before we start throwing around impeachment for influence peddling.

I think he was, but until we get some hard core proof it's not going to happen.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You had no problem with the 45 Administration negotiating with an entity that held no power in the nation, nor did they include those who were in power in Afghanistan in those negotiations, signaling that we’d just let them swing in the wind like what happened to the Northern Syrian Kurds?
If in fact they "held no power" no one would negotiate with them, now would they ?

• Useful
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
If in fact they "held no power" no one would negotiate with them, now would they ?
So we negotiated with the people who we thought would “take over” from the puppets we ourselves installed?
Brilliant.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Why did we prop up the puppets then?

We needed a corrupt puppet government so we could also steal money and weapons and be able to blame the corrupt Afghans.

Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We needed a corrupt puppet government so we could also steal money and weapons and be able to blame the corrupt Afghans.
How would stealing our money and weapons back benefit us, what we give them the stuff and then steal it back, seriously?

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
How would stealing our money and weapons back benefit us, what we give them the stuff and then steal it back, seriously?

Clearly I would just be wasting my time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
same reason we always do, the lesser of two evils.
Perhaps I am not being clear?
The United States of America invaded Afghanistan in 2001 to rid that Nation of a jihadist-bent junta that was giving comfort and aid to Osama Bin Laden and his organization that had carried out the September 11 attacks on US soil, then after years of trying to “reconstruct”, decide that “we’ve done all that we’re going to do!” and instead of informing the leadership of the government that we were working with (for those nearly twenty years) of our exit from their fair land, negotiated our leaving with the old bums we kicked out?
No wonder the Afghanis didn’t defend themselves, but somehow that was 46’s “fault”?

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps I am not being clear?
The United States of America invaded Afghanistan in 2001 to rid that Nation of a jihadist-bent junta that was giving comfort and aid to Osama Bin Laden and his organization that had carried out the September 11 attacks on US soil, then after years of trying to “reconstruct”, decide that “we’ve done all that we’re going to do!” and instead of informing the leadership of the government that we were working with (for those nearly twenty years) of our exit from their fair land, negotiated our leaving with the old bums we kicked out?
No wonder the Afghanis didn’t defend themselves, but somehow that was 46’s “fault”?
46 had many options, his joint chiefs told him not to do exactly what he did, yes it is his fault he owns the entire mess and all that goes along with it.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
46 had many options, his joint chiefs told him not to do exactly what he did, yes it is his fault he owns the entire mess and all that goes along with it.
Curious if it’s only the exit or does he own the entire 20 year quagmire too?

• Optimistic
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,427,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
same reason we always do, the lesser of two evils.

You seem to conveniently forget that both 45 and 46 wanted the US troops out of Afghanistan as did most Americans.

Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How about we start with the disaster of the Afghanistan withdrawal executed against the advice of the military leaders and resulting in the loss of American lives, Americans being left behind to fend for themselves, and a sell out of our friends and allies, to say nothing of the loss of military equipment and supplies now being used against us and our allies. I do not need to go on to the situation at the border where this administration as elected to disregard the laws of our nation resulting in the deaths of immigrants and countless American lives lost do to the influx of Fentanyl. 175 people die from Fentanyl poisoning every day in the U.S. how does that compare with the deaths from shootings that seem to be the focus of many liberal gun control advocates. I could continue with more reasons but these are more than enough and are obvious to anyone who is at all informed.

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am aware of the excuse that Biden made of trying to Blame Trump, now go look at the facts and it will be clear that Biden alone caused the problem.
Biden forced Trump to sellout the Afghans? That would require use of the Obama Time Portal. People with bone spurs cannot use the portal.

Upvote 0