Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
WASHINGTON, DC- From the “most transparent administration in American history,” we find one item that has largely been buried by the mainstream media.

This week, the State Department announced that the World Military Expenditures and Arms Transfers report, which has been published for over 50 years, will no longer be produced. As usual, that provision was buried deep inside the National Defense Authorization Act for FY 2022 under Section 5114(b)(4).

Under that federal law, 22 U.S.C. 2593b, it required:

"Most transparent administration in history" stops publishing military expenditures, arms transfers report

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Ah, Congress changed the law (as you showed in your quote). So...it's not up the the President then. Interesting.
Just because it’s not his fault doesn’t mean he can’t be blamed for it.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just because it’s not his fault doesn’t mean he can’t be blamed for it.
That's certainly true. :cool: But while some blame Biden for anything and everything, not all do...some are more interested in precision and detail and take up new information.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Ah, Congress changed the law (as you showed in your quote). So...it's not up the the President then. Interesting.

Facts mean nothing to the people trying to instigate civil war.

• Agree
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,615.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I mean there is nothing saying that they couldn't produce it if they wanted to. But it's a very data heavy report that I imagine most people have never heard of. The State Department is small to begin with, and the personal tied up putting out this report could be doing other things.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I mean there is nothing saying that they couldn't produce it if they wanted to. But it's a very data heavy report that I imagine most people have never heard of. The State Department is small to begin with, and the personal tied up putting out this report could be doing other things.
Perhaps there is a temporary need to obscure certain expenditures in far eastern Europe...just total speculation.

• Useful
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,615.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Perhaps there is a temporary need to obscure certain expenditures in far eastern Europe...just total speculation.
The report isn't that granular. It shows total amounts of import and exports of weapons, but not where those weapons are coming and going from. It also doesn't distinguish between government and private action. So the whole premise of the article that this is some kind of accountability measure that the Biden admin is trying to get around is jiggery pokery.

Upvote 0