• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

most serious question

Discussion in 'Baptists' started by Searching For Truth, May 20, 2012.

1. Searching For Truth

Searching For Truth Newbie

+1
    Seeker
    In Relationship
    I give glory to the one and only God the creator of all things. I am not searching for a new god or a new religion. I hope I would be able to see a snake in the grass trying to pass false doctrine in belief of a false god.

2. OzSpen

OzSpen Regular Member

+618
    Australia
    Baptist
    Private
    But this is what you wrote to me:
    Do you believe in what the Bible states or not about the Triune God, the manifestation of the Son Jesus Christ on earth, and other historical information in the Bible?

If I search the Journal of Captain James Cook when he discovered Australia in 1770, will I find any proof from this journal of James Cook, the Endeavour (his ship), and the land mass that is now called Australia? Is there any truthful documentation in this Journal?

Since you say that I cannot use the Bible for proof of what it says is true, surely that applies to Captain James Cook as well. Do I have to rely on sources entirely outside of the journals of Cook to determine what he found in Australia?

Oz

3. Hupomone10

Hupomone10 Veteran

+131
    Baptist
    Married
    It hasn't worked to do that so far, based on your take on the scriptures in this thread; why would you think you could hope in that for the future?

The last post that Oz quoted you on, you said you can't use the scriptures to validate the scriptures. Do you believe such an attitude 'gives glory to the one and only God'?

I would think you would admit that you are dissatisfied with Christianity as it exists today, right? Given this, it would seem that you are searching for a new god or religion, you are just not at the point yet where you are willing to admit that.
    2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
    11 For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false,
    12 in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness.

I hope you will begin to realize that this new perspective you've adopted that looks so much like a searching for truth is addressed by many of the prophecies that deal with the end times. You are not alone and your search is not unique. It is, however, a search that can place you strongly at risk for the delusion that will hit the world, and is already in fact at work.

The stage is being set for a one world government and one world religion. Will you be a part of that, or will you listen to the convicting voice of the Holy Spirit who simply convicts you that all you need to do is get right with God and confess your sin? Perhaps you do not need a search for truth as much as you need a personal search for sins (to confess). Just a thought. If we are right with him in our hearts, much of the wrong doctrine will take care of itself.

Blessings,
    H.

4. Hupomone10

Hupomone10 Veteran

+131
    Baptist
    Married
    I will assume, then, that this is your answer to my question
    Godly men of the past answered it similarly:
    What is the chief end of man?
    The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever.

- Westminster Catechism

They found this purpose fulfilled by worshiping God and Christ Jesus as they reveal themselves in the Bible. On that hopefully we can agree.

The best way to start on that road toward glorifying God is to do a fearless moral inventory of your life of all your resentments, fears, wrongs done to others, attitude toward God, man, organizations (including the church).

Getting right with God has always historically begun with such a personal inventory and subsequent repentance and confession by the people searching. Eyesight is always clearer from a cleansed heart.

Matt 6:22-23
    22 "The eye is the lamp of the body; so then if your eye is clear, your whole body will be full of light.
    23 "But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light that is in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!

James 4:8
    "Draw near to God and He will draw near to you..."

Most of us are familiar with that saying in James. How many of us are familiar with the second part of that verse? It tells us how to draw near...

"...Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded."

Last edited: May 27, 2012