most serious question

Apr 14, 2012
✟7,781.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
It might interest you to know that there has been a one world religion one other time, at the time of Nimrod and his kingdom in the land which later became Babylon. The practices of this kingdom led to the establishment of what became known as the mystery religions, pagan religions, some of which are still practiced today:

Genesis 11:2,4
2 It came about as they journeyed east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar and settled there.
4 They said, "Come, let us build for ourselves a city, and a tower whose top will reach into heaven, and let us make for ourselves a name, otherwise we will be scattered abroad over the face of the whole earth."

and there will be one again.
Revelation 13:7-8, 14
7 It was also given to him (the beast, the antichrist) to make war with the saints and to overcome them, and authority over every tribe and people and tongue and nation was given to him.
8 All who dwell on the earth will worship him, everyone whose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who has been slain.
14 And he (the false prophet) deceives those who dwell on the earth ... telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast ...

There is such a push for the very thing you advocate that as a student of the Bible it should scare you if you are truly listening to the signs of the times. Many elements are trying as hard as they can to move us toward a one-world common religion supposedly around god. When it comes, and it will, its results will be as predicted.

Notice the end result of this one world religion:

Revelation 13:15,17
15 And it was given to him to give breath to the image of the beast, so that the image of the beast would even speak and cause as many as do not worship the image of the beast to be killed.
17 and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name.

What would you say is our one true purpose? Those who lived in the time of Nimrod thought they knew the one true purpose. And those who are alive today think they know this one true purpose. I am interested in what you see it to be.

What about the issue of homosexuality, which the Bible soundly condemns: in your common religion, would you expect all people to adhere to what the Bible teaches? Or would you be more realistic, looking at the trend today, and say that since in the world there is a growing trend to accept and even advocate homosexuality as being ok, that this would be one of the doctrines of your one-world religion?

My friend, if you will be patient, this religion of which you search will become a reality. And the neat thing is, there will be only one man to tell you what to believe or what any scripture of any holy book means - the antichrist himself.

"Who is like the beast, and who is able to wage war with him?" Rev 13:4b

And in the end, do you know who they will be serving and worshiping?
"they worshiped the dragon because he gave his authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast,..." Rev 13:4a

I give glory to the one and only God the creator of all things. I am not searching for a new god or a new religion. I hope I would be able to see a snake in the grass trying to pass false doctrine in belief of a false god.

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I give glory to the one and only God the creator of all things. I am not searching for a new god or a new religion. I hope I would be able to see a snake in the grass trying to pass false doctrine in belief of a false god.
But this is what you wrote to me:
All that to say one cannot use the bible as proof that what it says is true, you BELIEVE in your bible. just like every other religion BELIEVES in there book.
Do you believe in what the Bible states or not about the Triune God, the manifestation of the Son Jesus Christ on earth, and other historical information in the Bible?

If I search the Journal of Captain James Cook when he discovered Australia in 1770, will I find any proof from this journal of James Cook, the Endeavour (his ship), and the land mass that is now called Australia? Is there any truthful documentation in this Journal?

Since you say that I cannot use the Bible for proof of what it says is true, surely that applies to Captain James Cook as well. Do I have to rely on sources entirely outside of the journals of Cook to determine what he found in Australia?

Oz

Upvote 0

Hupomone10

Veteran
Mar 21, 2010
Here
✟12,471.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It hasn't worked to do that so far, based on your take on the scriptures in this thread; why would you think you could hope in that for the future?

The last post that Oz quoted you on, you said you can't use the scriptures to validate the scriptures. Do you believe such an attitude 'gives glory to the one and only God'?

I would think you would admit that you are dissatisfied with Christianity as it exists today, right? Given this, it would seem that you are searching for a new god or religion, you are just not at the point yet where you are willing to admit that.
I hope I would be able to see a snake in the grass trying to pass false doctrine in belief of a false god.
2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
11 For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false,
12 in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness.

I hope you will begin to realize that this new perspective you've adopted that looks so much like a searching for truth is addressed by many of the prophecies that deal with the end times. You are not alone and your search is not unique. It is, however, a search that can place you strongly at risk for the delusion that will hit the world, and is already in fact at work.

The stage is being set for a one world government and one world religion. Will you be a part of that, or will you listen to the convicting voice of the Holy Spirit who simply convicts you that all you need to do is get right with God and confess your sin? Perhaps you do not need a search for truth as much as you need a personal search for sins (to confess). Just a thought. If we are right with him in our hearts, much of the wrong doctrine will take care of itself.

Blessings,
H.

Upvote 0

Hupomone10

Veteran
Mar 21, 2010
Here
✟12,471.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I will assume, then, that this is your answer to my question
What would you say is our one true purpose?
Godly men of the past answered it similarly:
What is the chief end of man?
The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever.

- Westminster Catechism

They found this purpose fulfilled by worshiping God and Christ Jesus as they reveal themselves in the Bible. On that hopefully we can agree.

The best way to start on that road toward glorifying God is to do a fearless moral inventory of your life of all your resentments, fears, wrongs done to others, attitude toward God, man, organizations (including the church).

Getting right with God has always historically begun with such a personal inventory and subsequent repentance and confession by the people searching. Eyesight is always clearer from a cleansed heart.

Matt 6:22-23
22 "The eye is the lamp of the body; so then if your eye is clear, your whole body will be full of light.
23 "But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light that is in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!

James 4:8
"Draw near to God and He will draw near to you..."

Most of us are familiar with that saying in James. How many of us are familiar with the second part of that verse? It tells us how to draw near...

"...Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded."

Last edited:
Upvote 0