Inquirer2016

Apr 19, 2016
USA
✟7,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My husband and I are currently trying to figure out where we stand with raising our child in a church. Most of my experience has been in baptist/non denom churches in which I have grown in my walk with Christ. He was baptized Catholic and wants to baptize our son as a baby. We aren't really sure what direction we are going to take. Reading about and researching all different denominations has me very confused. I would like to find a church that is most like what Jesus established. Catholics argue that they are the original church. However, reading the bible, I feel like Jesus meant to establish a church like that of Baptist. So, where did one of the oldest churches, Catholic, get all this repetition, ritual, liturgical type stuff? Is that what Jesus intended? The only real ritual I can recall in the Bible is the Lord's Supper. I'm at a loss and want to find the right place to raise my child and for us to grow as a family. I also want to find something that both my husband and I can agree upon.

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
oh dear, well is your husband a born again christian? If he's been indoctrinated in the catholic church, well you can ask him where all this ritual stuff comes from, he ought to know.
All I know is that, the catholics have their own catechism and a book called the magisterium which only those high up like priests and popes can interpret for the ordinary parishioners. Many many traditions they have had been added over the years, since constantine. Remember Constantine was the emporor who supposedly converted and then christianity became the state church, or it became legal. Then they moved the centre to Rome, the vatican. But actually the original church started in Jerusalem - see the book of Acts. I know a lot of historical revisionism went on and then Peter was claimed to be the first 'pope'.

I would say, encourage your husband to read the Bible, and come to a living faith in Jesus (not just a religious faith) and then ask God which church would be best to raise your children in. It may or may not be baptist. (but baptists are pretty alright by me, seeing as I belong there too)

Upvote 0

alex2165

Jan 2, 2014
✟11,292.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
GoodBook is absolutely right. You better to study Bible yourself with prayer, so the Lord GOD will give you understanding. And whatever you learned from the Bible teach your children to it.

Majority of the churches, and I would say practically all of them are business oriented entities, and while they teach something from the Bible they emphasized their teaching on the own doctrines and traditions, and leading many on the wrong path of their own traditions, dogmas, and doctrines, and above all money-greedy.

Stay with the Bible all the time and do not allow yourself to be indoctrinate by them in any way.

You can go to the church and find many good people there, and make friends, but do not follow their doctrines, it is a DEAD END.

Stay always with the Bible, because Bible is “the GOOD BOOK.”

Good luck

Upvote 0