• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Most/least fav parts of Mass?

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by bill5, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote Supporter

+9,093
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I like Lectio Divina homilies (I've said this before.) Not some boring treatise trying to tie all three readings together. Instead, one amazing insight (or aha moment) gleaned from a prayerful reading of all the passages--an insight that people can relate to and carry with them all week. An insight that will inspire them to be better people.

Most homilists have it all wrong.

2. BabyChristian22

BabyChristian22 Newbie

+98
    Catholic
    Private
    At my parish we are often invited give each other a greeting immediately before the opening song starts, and then later in the Mass we offer each other the sign of peace. I think the sign of peace offered to each other during the Mass is based on how in the Bible it says something about greeting each other with a holy kiss.

3. MikeK

MikeK Traditionalist Catholic

+5,501
    Catholic
    Married
    I believe that's correct. The exchange of the sign of peace by the parishioners is not necessary for the Mass - you won't find it in the TLM, and in the NO it is optional.

4. ZooMom

ZooMom Thanks for the memories...

+983
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    And, really, who kisses at the SoP...except for maybe family members?

5. Swoosh

Swoosh Sancta Simplicitas

+40
    Catholic
    Married
    Kissing in the sanctuary is disrespectful. You don't kiss the bride during the wedding ceremony either.

6. ZooMom

ZooMom Thanks for the memories...

+983
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    Romantic kissing may be disrespectful. I doubt that the kiss of peace would be. For instance, my husband and I trace the cross on and kiss our children's foreheads at the SoP. Always have. And we kiss each others cheek if we manage to sit together. We don't kiss our neighbors because it would make people uncomfortable...but, I think that a kiss (like the European kiss of greeting, once on each cheek) would be more appropriate, biblically speaking, than a handshake.

7. JacktheCatholic

JacktheCatholic Praise be to Jesus Christ. Now and forever.

+2,259
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    We do similar.

I hope no one mind me sharing a little...

The Kiss of Peace has been something hard for me to accept as a man raised the way I was. Men do not kiss men, even on the cheek. Catholics and their Kiss of Peace. ;)

The wind blows as it may and the Spirit moves us as it may.

After a particularly awesome Mass we had a visiting priest and his homily was so awesome and he was so awesome that filled with the Holy Spirit (after Mass) I thanked the priest with a Kiss on the Cheek with out even thinking about it. :cool:

8. AMDG

AMDG Tenderized for Christ

+1,226
    Catholic
    Married
    In the Missa Cantata (relatively high Tridentine Mass before Vatican II) that I loved, at the Kiss of Peace the priest and altarboys (there may have been at least eight) would hold each other's forearms and bow toward each other. The "kiss" would go from the altar (the priest) and through each individual altarboy. It was a integral part of the Mass and really quite edifying. It was *not* a "meet and greet" that we see now with people waving at others and flashing the "peace sign" or reaching across pews to shake others hands otherwise distracting from the Eucharist. (At one Mass not to long ago the priest left Jesus alone on the altar to shake hands with people at the back of the church.)

9. truthHurts77

truthHurts77 Newbie

+26
    Catholic
    Private
    US-Republican
    :D

i LOL

but it really isstn' funny... just the way you worded things was funny

kinda agravating, really :doh:

10. bill5

bill5 Well-Known Member

+2,168
    Agnostic
    Private
    The groom does. :) I'd kiss my girlfriend, no way am I kissing anyone else and they are wise not to try to do so with me, which none have.