Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What's the most interesting firearm you've ever personally seen?

You notice I said "seen", not "owned"; we don't want attention from the ATF.

For me, it might be the 4-gauge double-barrel shotgun a collector showed me when I was 7.

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I think the pistol, The Judge, is fascinating.
Love em!! 45 is big enough to penetrate bear hide and I especially like the home protection disk shot in 410. I think it is an all around great carry piece for four footed and two footed mean animals

Upvote 0

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Love em!! 45 is big enough to penetrate bear hide and I especially like the home protection disk shot in 410. I think it is an all around great carry piece for four footed and two footed mean animals
Yeah!

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Awesome. I have shot a buddies quite a bit and I want one now. This will be my next purchase. My only complaint was the 12 lb trigger pull lol. Mine will go to a smith first thing.

• Informative
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My friend was given a small single shot pistol by his grandmother. He thought it shot .22 shorts, but luckily I researched the pistol before he did. It was a little 6 inch parlor pistol that his relative brought back to the US after WW2.
Very interesting if you research parlor pistols or gallery guns, I had no idea it was once en vogue to have indoor shooting ranges. Drinking alcohol and shooting inside your house was once very popular.
The ammo was basically a primer and small lead bullet, his was a 6mm Flobert breach loader.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Servant68

Sleepless 300 miles from Seattle
Jun 30, 2015
The Pacific Northwest
✟73,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
My dad has a Sharps rifle with an interesting backstory...

It was found in 1918 in Wyoming by a hunter. He found it wrapped in a buffalo hide and stuffed inside a hollow tree. Since the rifle by that time was over 50 years old, there was not much left of the stock and smaller metal parts after having been left in the harsh environment.

The hunter took it home and it sat in his workshop for 40 plus years. Then his son found it tucked away and didn't want to throw it out so put it in his attic as a curiosity where it remained another 47 odd years.

Somehow, my dad found out about it and purchased what was left of the old rifle.

He took it to a couple of different gunsmiths who were able to save the original frame and action, but not much else. It received a new barrel, stock, trigger assembly, and pretty much everything else.

He now uses it in rifle competitions. I don't think I have a picture of it, though.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Servant68

Sleepless 300 miles from Seattle
Jun 30, 2015
The Pacific Northwest
✟73,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
My stepdad has a really cool pistol as well.

My grandfather was a tanker in WWII. He was part of the 752nd Armored who were a training unit sent to North Africa to defeat Rommel and then train incoming new tankers for the push up into Europe through Italy.

If I recall correctly. My WWII history is not very thorough and I only know what my dad has told me about grandpa's service.

Supposedly, grandpa's unit got tasked with pushing up through Italy where they attained the Army's record for greatest number of days in continuous combat conditions. 315, IIRC.

While stuck inside a tank for nearly a year, grandpa fashioned a set of grips for his issued sidearm, a S&W M1917 in .45 ACP. The grips were carved from the plexiglass windscreen of a downed German plane.

One side of the grips features an image of an American flag and some fancy gold-leaf. On the other side is a picture of his dog that he left back home and his favorite hunting spot in Southern Idaho.

The grips are called "sweetheart" grips because most of them had pictures of the soldier's girlfriend behind them.

If you've seen the movie "Fury" with Brad Pitt, then you've seen a copy of grandpa's gun.

IMG_20160604_223631284_zpsqjfgxzmi.jpg

IMG_20160604_223647299_zpscr1qosqy.jpg

From the movie...

800px-FuryM1917.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟824,130.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

marineimaging

Texas Baptist now living in Colorado
Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Original Thompson .45 Machine Gun - Shot it at Sabine Lake many many years ago. The owner was showing me how to hold it sideways so that the recoil would sweep side to side rather than rise up to shoot up the sky so I put a bullet hole in the side of my boat with it.

Upvote 0

Unseen Real

Apr 12, 2018
West Coast of the US
✟7,959.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
At a sawmill in AL, the owner showed me his English double rifle. I seem to recall it was a 400 Nitro and did not weight very much. It was exquisite but the recoil must have been a real punishment owing to its light weight.

Upvote 0