• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Most days I wake up from a dream about sex.

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
like, I can't control it, that's just what I end up waking up thinking about, and it's pointless for me to even think about, being unmarried and unmarriable.

I've prayed about it to have something more glorifying to God as I wake up but no fruit.
Just useless fruitless sexual desire I can do nothing about to fulfill and the promise is that I will never fulfill the longing, only have it taken away
so why does God wait on that, why let it be sin bait for me that I can't handle?
Why not remove it now since the plan is to just lobotomize those desires out of us?

It's just shameful for me that the first thing I wake up thinking about.. is sin.
not Christ.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,669,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
like, I can't control it, that's just what I end up waking up thinking about, and it's pointless for me to even think about, being unmarried and unmarriable.

I've prayed about it to have something more glorifying to God as I wake up but no fruit.
Just useless fruitless sexual desire I can do nothing about to fulfill and the promise is that I will never fulfill the longing, only have it taken away
so why does God wait on that, why let it be sin bait for me that I can't handle?
Why not remove it now since the plan is to just lobotomize those desires out of us?

It's just shameful for me that the first thing I wake up thinking about.. is sin.
not Christ.
You can’t control your dreams. What you dream about is not sin unless you are voluntarily feeding into it. inappropriate content, etc.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
You can’t control your dreams. What you dream about is not sin unless you are voluntarily feeding into it. inappropriate content, etc.
But it says that those kinds of things are on my mind. It's a desire that cannot be legally fulfilled for me and will never be fulfilled.

I pray for God to just take it away now while it's a trouble rather than wait until after resurrection. Now it's a gateway and temptation to sin, then it won't be. So why wait?

Unless there's an actual point to just leaving me longing for something I can't have and leave it dangling over me as a source of discontentment and unfulfillment I don't get it.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,669,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But it says that those kinds of things are on my mind. It's a desire that cannot be legally fulfilled for me and will never be fulfilled.

I pray for God to just take it away now while it's a trouble rather than wait until after resurrection. Now it's a gateway and temptation to sin, then it won't be. So why wait?

Unless there's an actual point to just leaving me longing for something I can't have and leave it dangling over me as a source of discontentment and unfulfillment I don't get it.
Well you could always talk to your doctor and go from there.

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

not Christ.
I understand and feel the same frustration about it being like a bait that is set in front of you that you long for and chase, but at the last moment is taken away from you for eternity. And meanwhile God also let sinful man (the agents of Satan) cause the conditions in this world that makes it impossible or very slim to get to enjoy that experience in this world if not in the next, especially in the proper Christian way.

Not everyone believes God will remove that desire from us one day and there are some reasons to believe he won't, but the majority do, kind of sadly. At the very least, that is some comforting.

Upvote 0