Most beautiful month in the year(Ramadan).....

M

muslimsoldier4life

What if an London Muslim is an olympic athlete? He's not travelling. Does he have to fast for the games?
There are Muslims playing American football professionaly, and they adhere to Ramadan during the heat of the summer and practicing. It's about the individual's desire to keep fasting, or to break the fast and make it up in another way.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟431,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Such a person would have to consult a scholar about their specific situation, but my best guess would be that he should fast. Allaahu a'lam...
For many sports that is the same as a forfeit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JJWhite

Dec 24, 2009
U.S.A.
✟11,028.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Interesting. My coaches would have never let such a person play. The risk of dehydration and death is very great.

Either that, or my friends' sons aren't being very honest with their moms... lol

My son is only 6, and he only fasted one day this Ramadan, so I haven't had to deal with this sort of thing yet... :)

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Either that, or my friends' sons aren't being very honest with their moms... lol

Well, I remember in High Schools and such there are laws requiring drinking and such. A few people died playing when they were dehydrated. While playing, I'd say it would almost be a matter of safety regardless of religious ideals.

Upvote 0

simplegifts

Jul 7, 2012
✟8,886.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's tragic Muslims are comitting violence during the month of Ramadan, but what does that mean exactly? Funny that a white Protestant from the suburbs just killed 15+ people and wounded more during the month of Ramadan because he was imitating a comic book character.

Was that white Protestant from the suburbs following the teachings of Jesus? No.

Muslims that attack in the name of Islam are just following their Quran. Ramadan is one of the most violent months for Muslims.

Upvote 0
M

muslimsoldier4life

Was that white Protestant from the suburbs following the teachings of Jesus? No.
Maybe he was following the Old Testament.
Muslims that attack in the name of Islam are just following their Quran. Ramadan is one of the most violent months for Muslims.
Maybe you need to actually read the Holy Qur'an, and not base your opinion on what Islamaphobes and the media promote about Islam. Speak with an Imam, or someone else who is schooled in Islam to know the truth about a faith that has more than 2 billion followers.

Indonesia has the most Muslims in the world living on their islands; how much violence do you see coming from there? There are millions of Muslims in the United States, and how much violence do you hear about from them during Ramadan? How about in Kuwait? Saudi Arabia? Omar? UAE? Turkey? Canada?

Upvote 0

simplegifts

Jul 7, 2012
✟8,886.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Maybe you need to actually read the Holy Qur'an, and not base your opinion on what Islamaphobes and the media promote about Islam. Speak with an Imam, or someone else who is schooled in Islam to know the truth about a faith that has more than 2 billion followers.

Indonesia has the most Muslims in the world living on their islands; how much violence do you see coming from there? There are millions of Muslims in the United States, and how much violence do you hear about from them during Ramadan? How about in Kuwait? Saudi Arabia? Omar? UAE? Turkey? Canada?

The difference between the Old Testament and the Quran - The violence ordered by YHWH was for a specific time, place and people for specific reasons.

Islamophobia is a stupid term. Who has an irrational fear of Islam? No one that I know.

I have read the Quran and studied Islam for over 12 years. I will tell my story on a new thread.

Let's start a thread on that - Violence and Islam.

In the Quran the violence is ordered against all non-muslims, for all times, for vaque reasons such as mischief. I have heard many imam say mischief can mean simply being a non-muslim.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
M

muslimsoldier4life

I have read the Quran and studied Islam for over 12 years. I will tell my story on a new thread.
That's good to hear. If you studied Islam for 12 years, how come you are not Muslim?
Let's start a thread on that - Violence and Islam.
Actually no, I will not participate in that one. I apologize, but I'm doing my best to keep my temper in check during this holiest of months. Insha'Allah.
In the Quran the violence is ordered against all non-muslims, for all times, for vaque reasons such as mischief. I have heard many imam say mischief can mean simply being a non-muslim.
For someone who claims to have read the Holy Qu'ran and studied Islam, I'm suprised you would say something like this. Maybe you were being taught by the wrong individual.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
It's tragic Muslims are comitting violence during the month of Ramadan, but what does that mean exactly? Funny that a white Protestant from the suburbs just killed 15+ people and wounded more during the month of Ramadan because he was imitating a comic book character.

Funny is not a word I would use to describe the shooting in Colorado.

Upvote 0

amorly

Jan 11, 2012
✟7,826.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
allah Almighty
In all the time and everywhere (see us and hear us)
4. He it is Who created the heavens and the earth in six Days and then Istawa (rose over) the Throne (in a manner that suits His Majesty). He knows what goes into the earth and what comes forth from it, what descends from the heaven and what ascends thereto. And He is with you (by His Knowledge) wheresoever you may be. And Allah is the All-Seer of what you do.

Must be adhered to and the application of Islamic law
In all the days of the year

But
As a result of many misconceptions originate from young people
Interest in the month of Ramadan
And indifference in the remaining months

So
You find errors
And acts of random people
But
Islam has nothing to do so
Must reform
And return to the Holy Qur'an and the Hadith

Holy Month of Ramadan
Reward and pay double
And down the Blessings and compassion

Fasting
Fundamental pillar of the five pillars of Islam
Its purpose is not hunger and thirst

But
Is a renewal of human life
And a strong drive and ready to work good
And training
And the beginning of change

Prayer and charity and helping the poor, and so

And reward multiplier

Narrated Abu Salama bin 'Abdur Rahman: that he asked 'Aisha "How was the prayer of Allah's Apostle in Ramadan?" She replied, "He did not pray more than eleven Rakat in Ramadan or in any other month. He used to pray four Rakat ---- let alone their beauty and length----and then he would pray four ----let alone their beauty and length ----and then he would pray three Rakat (Witr)." She added, "I asked, 'O Allah's Apostle! Do you sleep before praying the Witr?' He replied, 'O 'Aisha! My eyes sleep but my heart does not sleep."

As well as

Refinement of the ethics of human
Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said, “When one of you awakes in the morning for fasting, then he should not use obscene language or behave ignorantly. If anyone slanders him or tries to argue with him, he should say: Indeed, I am fasting! Indeed, I am fasting

[Sahih Muslim, Book 6, Number 2563]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UdJtJx4SrA

Upvote 0

TG123

Jul 1, 2006
somewhere
✟14,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is it about Islam/Ramadan that turns Muslims into morality police? I have read that this month is the most violent- not necesarily Muslim on non-muslim violence but Muslim on Muslim violence.

Young woman beaten for being a 'bad Muslim'

Published: 23 Jul 2012 11:15 GMT+1
Updated: 23 Jul 2012 11:15 GMT+1

Police in the south of France have launched an investigation after a woman claimed she was beaten up by seven men in Viviez for attending a party during Ramadan.

The young woman, originally from Morocco, was driving home from the party on Friday night when two other cars trapped hers, newspaper Midi Libre reports.
The men are reported to have beaten her up before leaving without saying anything.

After they had left, the woman drove home. Shortly afterwards, she headed towards the local police station to report the attack.

On her way to the station, the seven men tracked her down again and assaulted her a second a time.

According to the woman, the men issued threats and said: "You are a bad Muslim", and "you bring shame to Islam because you went to a party on a day of Ramadan."
Nicola Hebden.
WoodrowLi,

Please quote a verse from the Quran that states it is acceptable for Muslim men to beat up a woman who they consider is a bad Muslim for going to a party on Ramadan. If you are unable to, please show a hadith where Muhammad said it is acceptable.

You claim to have studied Islam for 12 years, so this should not be a problem at all, I am sure. Really looking forward to hearing back from you.

Upvote 0

simplegifts

Jul 7, 2012
✟8,886.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
WoodrowLi,

Please quote a verse from the Quran that states it is acceptable for Muslim men to beat up a woman who they consider is a bad Muslim for going to a party on Ramadan. If you are unable to, please show a hadith where Muhammad said it is acceptable.

You claim to have studied Islam for 12 years, so this should not be a problem at all, I am sure. Really looking forward to hearing back from you.

Islam because of the violent nature and vagueness of the Quran allows for followers to be violent in almost any circumstance.

If a person wants to be evil and violent he can easily find an outlet in Islam. That is not to say all Muslims are violent.

For example you are an abuser? Islam has an out for you - husbands are allowed to beat their wives if they think they are misbehaving:
004.034 Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them, refuse to share their beds, beat them; but if they return to obedience, seek not against them Means: For Allah is Most High, great.

Remember Ramadan is a pillar of Islam. A Muslim not following all aspects of Islam might easily be considered an apostate and we all know the penalty for apostasy:
Sharia -
ACTS THAT ENTAIL LEAVING ISLAM
o8.7 (O: Among the things that entail apostasy from Islam (may Allah protect us from them) are:
(14) to deny the obligatory character of something which by the consensus of Muslims (ijma`, def: b7) is part of Islam, when it is well known as such, like the prayer (salat) or even one rak'a from one of the five obligatory prayers, if there is no excuse (def: u2.4);
There are others, for the subject is nearly limitless. May Allah Most High save us and all Muslims from it.

Islam Question and Answer - The punishment for breaking the fast in Ramadaan with no excuse
Fasting in Ramadaan is one of the pillars on which Islam is built. Allaah tells us that He has prescribed it for the believers of this ummah [nation], as He prescribed it for those who came before them. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
"O you who believe! Observing As-Sawm (the fasting) is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you, that you may become Al-Muttaqoon (the pious")

[al-Baqarah 2:183]
"The month of Ramadan in which was revealed the Qur’aan, a guidance for mankind and clear proofs for the guidance and the criterion (between right and wrong). So whoever of you sights (the crescent on the first night of) the month (of Ramadan i.e. is present at his home), he must observe Sawm (fasts) that month, and whoever is ill or on a journey, the same number [of days which one did not observe Sawm (fasts) must be made up] from other days. Allaah intends for you ease, and He does not want to make things difficult for you. (He wants that you) must complete the same number (of days), and that you must magnify Allaah [i.e. to say Takbeer (Allaahu Akbar: Allaah is the Most Great)] for having guided you so that you may be grateful to Him"

[al-Baqarah 2:185]
Al-Bukhaari (8) and Muslim (16) narrated that Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Islam is built on five (pillars): the testimony that there is no god but Allaah and Muhammad is the Messenger of Allaah; establishing prayer; paying zakaah; Hajj; and fasting Ramadaan."

Whoever does not fast has abandoned one of the pillars of Islam, and is committing a grave major sin. Indeed some of the salaf were of the view that he is a kaafir [disbeliever] and apostate – we seek refuge with Allaah from that.

Abu Ya’la narrated in his Musnad from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "The bonds of Islam and the bases of religion are three, on which Islam was founded. Whoever gives up one of them becomes a kaafir thereby and it is permissible to shed his blood: the testimony that there is no god but Allaah, the prescribed prayers and fasting Ramadaan."

This hadeeth was classed as saheeh by al-Dhahabi, and as hasan by al-Haythami in Majma’ al-Zawaa’id, 1/48, and by al-Mundhiri in al-Targheeb wa’l-Tarheeb, no. 805, 1486. Classed as da’eef by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Da’eefah, no. 94.

Al-Dhahabi said in al-Kabaa’ir, p. 64.
Whoever does not fast in Ramadaan without being sick or having any other excuse that allows him not to fast is more evil than the adulterer or drunkard, indeed they doubted his Islam and thought that this was heresy.

A saheeh report which warns against not fasting was narrated by Ibn Khuzaymah (1986) and Ibn Hibbaan (7491) from Abu Umaamah al-Baahili who said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: "Whilst I was sleeping two men came to me and took my by the arm and brought me to a cragged mountain. They said, ‘Climb up.’ I said, ‘I cannot.’ They said, ‘We will make it easy for you.’ So I climbed up until I was at the top of the mountain. Then I heard loud voices. I said, ‘What are these voices?’ They said, ‘This is the howling of the people of Hell." Then I was taken until I saw people hanging by their hamstrings, with the sides of their mouths torn and blood pouring from their mouths.’ I said, ‘Who are these?’ He said, ‘These are people who broke their fast before it was time.’" Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Mawaarid al-Zam’aan, no. 1509.

Al-Albaani (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: This is the punishment of those who fasted then broke the fast deliberately before the time for breaking the fast came, so who about those who do not fast at all? We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound in this world and in the Hereafter.

Was this lady a hypocrite in the eyes of the abusers? Then:
009.073 O Prophet! strive hard against the unbelievers and the Hypocrites, and be firm against them. Their abode is Hell,- an evil refuge indeed.
009.074 They swear by Allah that they said nothing (evil), but indeed they uttered blasphemy, and they did it after accepting Islam; and they meditated a plot which they were unable to carry out: this revenge of theirs was (their) only return for the bounty with which Allah and His Messenger had enriched them! If they repent, it will be best for them; but if they turn back (to their evil ways), Allah will punish them with a grievous penalty in this life and in the Hereafter: They shall have none on earth to protect or help them.

Or was this poor woman causing mischief in the land:
005.032On that account: We ordained for the Children of Israel that if any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our messengers with clear signs, yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in the land.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dazed

Jun 21, 2011
✟17,651.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married

Didn't the pious Indonesian Muslims went on a rampage against the local Chinese when Suharto decided to withdrawal gov't protection?

Upvote 0

dazed

Jun 21, 2011
✟17,651.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
How long ago was that, and was it happening during Ramadan?

1998. It could be Ramadan. I didn't know you were looking specifically case of pious Indonesian Muslims raping, looting and killing non-believers during Ramadan. Or pious Muslims raping, looting and killing non-believers are common, ie non-news, outside of Ramadan?

Upvote 0