• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Most beautiful month in the year(Ramadan).....

Discussion in 'Christianity and World Religion' started by amorly, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Not lying, but profiling. There's a difference.

2. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+10,135
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    Not when you say HE IS a Protestant. Thats not profiling. Thats a statement of fact, with the implication that you have some evidence to back it up.

3. LoAmmi

LoAmmi Dispassionate

+9,572
    Judaism
    Married
    Just like if there is a terrorist attack and people say the guy had to be a Muslim due to profiling, right?

4. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+10,135
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    Exactly.

5. JJWhite

JJWhite Newbie

+77
    Muslim
    Married
    muslimsoldier... just admit you shouldn't have said that and let's move on.

6. LoAmmi

LoAmmi Dispassionate

+9,572
    Judaism
    Married
    Yes, I believe this would be the best outcome.

7. ProScribe

ProScribe Well-Known Member

+192
    Non-Denom
    Single
    There's a difference between a real muslim and someone who thinks its cool

8. So is saying these guys are Muslims, simply because the woman said she is Muslim. Should I have said he's a Protestant? No. However being quick to agree that someone is Muslim just because a beating occured by those claiming to be Muslim is equally tasteless.

9. LoAmmi

LoAmmi Dispassionate

+9,572
    Judaism
    Married

You should focus on presenting the case that Islam would not stand for such actions than dragging a recent shooting into it for no reason whatsoever.

10. I have already, numerous times. You cannot change the hearts and minds of those, who have no desire to change or accept truth.

11. This is Ramadan, the holiest of months in Islam. This month is supposed to be about reflection on all our past sins, reparing broken relationships, forgiving one another and reconciling with those we have wronged. When you hear about Muslims killing, beating or causing harm to others (Muslim and Non-Muslim alike), they are not keeping in teachings with the Prophet SAW.

12. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+10,135
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    Its pretty tasteless to bring up that Ramadan beating story in this thread in the first place.
    But I dont think its tasteless to take the womans story at face value. Maybe a bit naive.

13. LoAmmi

LoAmmi Dispassionate

+9,572
    Judaism
    Married
    Resorting to underhanded tactics that exploit tragedy builds up the case of those against you. Be the better person in the end.

14. No underhand tactics; I was stating the "obvious", as seen from those who are prejudiced towards a certain group and have a perceived idea of life and others. It's an idea that we need to be leary of all we read in the media, and become more educated before making assumptions.

You saw how quick people were willing to pounce on me for stating this serial killer is a Protestant, just because he's white and from the suburbs. Now you know what Muslims deal with all the time, when they lump all of us in with Osama and Anwar.

15. LoAmmi

LoAmmi Dispassionate

+9,572
    Judaism
    Married
    You weren't stating the obvious, you were doing something for shock value. When I read what she posted, I had the impression the attackers had said they were Muslim. Had you pointed out that nowhere in the article does it say that, I would have been enlightened. However, you brought up a recent event where many lost their lives. It wasn't a good move.

Hey, we run the banks and control the world, right?

16. Brutal honesty, and not looking for shock value. I'm not an attention seeker, I'm a realist.
    Do you? I just assumed the US was in the back pocket of Jews:p

17. LoAmmi

LoAmmi Dispassionate

+9,572
    Judaism
    Married
    You may take the advice or leave it. That is your call.
    Well, I'm certainly not in charge of anything.

18. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+10,135
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    What if an London Muslim is an olympic athlete? He's not travelling. Does he have to fast for the games?

19. JJWhite

JJWhite Newbie

+77
    Muslim
    Married
    Such a person would have to consult a scholar about their specific situation, but my best guess would be that he should fast. Allaahu a'lam.

Here in the US, I do know a lot of teenagers who play intense football games (and practice) during Ramadan while fasting 15 and 16 hour days.

20. LoAmmi

LoAmmi Dispassionate

+9,572
    Judaism
    Married
    Do they drink during the games?