Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Revelation 2:12-13 uses the names “Pergamos,” meaning “height or elevation,” to relate to the idea of height or elevation in Isaiah 14:13, and the name “Antipas,” meaning “like the father” to relate to, “your father the devil,” in John 8:44. John 8:44 uses, “murderer from the beginning” to relate to, “wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr,” and “abode not in the truth” to relate to “where Satan dwelleth,” in Revelation 2:13.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kenneth Redden

The day I found 2 Timothy 3:15 KJV!
Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Revelation 2:12-13 uses the names “Pergamos,” meaning “height or elevation,” to relate to the idea of height or elevation in Isaiah 14:13, and the name “Antipas,” meaning “like the father” to relate to, “your father the devil,” in John 8:44. John 8:44 uses, “murderer from the beginning” to relate to, “wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr,” and “abode not in the truth” to relate to “where Satan dwelleth,” in Revelation 2:13.
I believe that Revelation 2:12 is from the third day, regarding the first day/from everlasting, as said with, “Nicolaitans” in Revelation 2:6 and "the doctrine of the Nicolaitans," in Revelation 2:15.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kenneth Redden

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Kenneth,

I'm a Bible-believing Christian. If you want to put a tag on me, I am an Acts 28:28 dispensationalist, although the tag is meaningless.
I am a "dispensationalist", Ephesians 3:2; I follow Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kenneth Redden

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Kenneth,

I'm a Bible-believing Christian. If you want to put a tag on me, I am an Acts 28:28 dispensationalist, although the tag is meaningless.
ac28, how does Acts 28:28 make you a dispensationalist?

Upvote 0

ac28

Oct 29, 2013
✟46,442.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
ac28, how does Acts 28:28 make you a dispensationalist?
Right before Acts 28:28, in Acts 28:25-27, the curse against Israel from Isaiah 6:9-10 was pronounced for the 7th and last time - 7 is the number of completion. In Acts 28:28, the salvation of God was taken from Israel and given to the Gentiles. At present, Israel is Lo-ammi, not My people, and, in the eyes of God, Israel doesn't exist as a nation. Israel will be back during the tribulation.

Paul's last 7 books, written after Acts, are the only books in the Bible written directly TO us.

Upvote 0

Kenneth Redden

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I believe that Revelation 2:12 is from the third day, regarding the first day/from everlasting, as said with, “Nicolaitans” in Revelation 2:6 and "the doctrine of the Nicolaitans," in Revelation 2:15.
I believe that throughout the KJV Bible, the term “doctrine,” would represent “specifications” of a physical manifestation of the body; either “naked,” in this Universe, or “clothed,” 2 Corinthians 5:3. Those of the doctrine of the Nicolaitans were naked and without a body in this dispensation.

Upvote 0

Kenneth Redden

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Right before Acts 28:28, in Acts 28:25-27, the curse against Israel from Isaiah 6:9-10 was pronounced for the 7th and last time - 7 is the number of completion. In Acts 28:28, the salvation of God was taken from Israel and given to the Gentiles. At present, Israel is Lo-ammi, not My people, and, in the eyes of God, Israel doesn't exist as a nation. Israel will be back during the tribulation.

Paul's last 7 books, written after Acts, are the only books in the Bible written directly TO us.
Who is, "us"?

Upvote 0

ac28

Oct 29, 2013
✟46,442.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I believe that throughout the KJV Bible, the term “doctrine,” would represent “specifications” of a physical manifestation of the body; either “naked,” in this Universe, or “clothed,” 2 Corinthians 5:3. Those of the doctrine of the Nicolaitans were naked and without a body in this dispensation.
Doctrine means "teachings" or "that which is taught"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenneth Redden

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
In my opinion, if you want as accurate as possible, then master the original language it was written in and read from the originals. The OT Hebrew is by far the easier compared to the Greek NT and probably the best place to start.
But I don't think that it is about being, "accurate"; it must be righteous and that maybe why we have the letters of three languages to be the Holy Bible, Luke 23:38 & John 19:20.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟63,759.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
But I don't think that it is about being, "accurate"; it must be righteous and that maybe why we have the letters of three languages to be the Holy Bible, Luke 23:38 & John 19:20.

I've always wondered about those verses and why the listing of the languages are in different orders.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenneth Redden

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I've always wondered about those verses and why the listing of the languages are in different orders.
I would say that they are different per perspective. But I think the crucifixion gives us a picture of the written Word of God, from the three language superscription over His head; to His coat that was without seam, woven from the top throughout. Like the KJV Bible?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kenneth Redden

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I would say that they are different per perspective. But I think the crucifixion gives us a picture of the written Word of God, from the three language superscription over His head; to His coat that was without seam, woven from the top throughout. Like the KJV Bible?
Kenneth Jesus Victory Bible, imagine that.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
In my opinion, if you want as accurate as possible, then master the original language it was written in and read from the originals. The OT Hebrew is by far the easier compared to the Greek NT and probably the best place to start.

This viewpoint is too narrow for me. A knowledge of an ancient language may be a start but it's nowhere near enough. One must also have a thorough knowledge of the meaning of the words in context, the culture in which the words were written/spoken, idioms, shades of meaning, etc. Also, there no original texts! The earliest texts differ quite a bit from each other, so how does one know what the proper translation is?

I much prefer a translation created by a committee of scholars that have devoted their lives to the study of ancient languages, with the addition of archaeologists, English language experts, and others. Discerning the meaning of the texts shouldn't be done by people with just a basic knowledge of Hebrew and/or Greek and/or Aramaic.

I strongly suggest the full edition of NET (New English Translation) Bible that has 60,932 translators' notes.

Upvote 0