Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
We are almost at the end of the Torah cycle readings and the end of the writing of the torah.

'He went' parsha starts with

14 And YHWH said to Moses, “Behold, the days approach when you must die.

What would you do if the L-RD told you what day would be your last day?

What would you do?

Moses got his affairs in order, seeing to the shepherding of the people he tolerated for 40 years. Joshua was commissioned to carry them over Jordan. But Moses was told how they would disobey after all he had be through with them. He must have been discouraged, maybe thought all his work was in vain? Maybe he should have taken G-d up on his offer after the Golden Calf incident and started over with Moses....?

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
We are almost at the end of the Torah cycle readings and the end of the writing of the torah.

'He went' parsha starts with

14 And YHWH said to Moses, “Behold, the days approach when you must die.

What would you do if the L-RD told you what day would be your last day?

What would you do?

Moses got his affairs in order, seeing to the shepherding of the people he tolerated for 40 years. Joshua was commissioned to carry them over Jordan. But Moses was told how they would disobey after all he had be through with them. He must have been discouraged, maybe thought all his work was in vain? Maybe he should have taken G-d up on his offer after the Golden Calf incident and started over with Moses....?

1 1/2 years ago I went in for cancer surgery. I went in prepared to not come out. Immediately after surgery I went into a 2 mth coma. The only thing I remember was being in a room totally filled with water and being trapped in a huge net from which I could not rip apart and come out off. Then I finally relaxed and said--"whatever you want, Lord, alive or dead, whatever you want." I immediately felt the greatest feeling of peace I have ever known and felt as though I was wrapped in the arms of God. I felt safe and secure and could breathe--then everything went black--I believe that is when I died. Next thing I knew was 2 months later and I woke up to having to learn how to do everything, even just sitting up. I was not afraid of dying before the surgery---much less now--as the saying goes---been there done that!!

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
1 1/2 years ago I went in for cancer surgery. I went in prepared to not come out. Immediately after surgery I went into a 2 mth coma. The only thing I remember was being in a room totally filled with water and being trapped in a huge net from which I could not rip apart and come out off. Then I finally relaxed and said--"whatever you want, Lord, alive or dead, whatever you want." I immediately felt the greatest feeling of peace I have ever known and felt as though I was wrapped in the arms of God. I felt safe and secure and could breathe--then everything went black--I believe that is when I died. Next thing I knew was 2 months later and I woke up to having to learn how to do everything, even just sitting up. I was not afraid of dying before the surgery---much less now--as the saying goes---been there done that!!
Baruch HaShem! Thanks for sharing that.

I'm sure Moses was happy to go home!

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
It's one thing to die, but Moses is said that he wasn't dim of eye, he wasn't naturally ready to die, but the words G-d said to him was that he must die.

This was because he wasn't allowed to go in and the L-RD didn't want him left alone.

Was this a case of euthanasia?

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Theologian [Applied Theology]
Jul 1, 2015
Whippingham, Isle of Wight, England
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It's one thing to die, but Moses is said that he wasn't dim of eye, he wasn't naturally ready to die, but the words G-d said to him was that he must die.

This was because he wasn't allowed to go in and the L-RD didn't want him left alone.

Was this a case of euthanasia?

In where??? Which post are you responding to?

Upvote 0