Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rev 11:4 These are the two Olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

Standing before the God of the earth means standing face to face with God :
The only man who has been in contact face to face with God and remain alive are Henoch, Moses and Elijah.

Olive tree and Candlestick (Menorah) are the symbols from ancient Hebrew.

So Moses and Elijah will be the living Witnesses of Jesus who met Him when He was ministering in Israel, God says at least 2 living Witnesses are required for an acceptable Testimony.

Deut 19:15 :...A matter must be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.

Why did Moses and Elijah appear to Jesus on the mountain?

“He was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and His clothes became as white as the light. And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with Him” (Matthew 17:2, 3).

The Scriptures record the fact that both Moses and Elijah are in heaven. But it is important to note that Elijah was translated to heaven without dying, “Then it happened, as they continued on and talked, that suddenly a chariot of fire appeared with horses of fire, and separated the two of them; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven” (2 Kings 2:11, 12). And Moses had a special resurrection by Christ “Yet Michael the archangel, in contending with the devil, when he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a reviling accusation, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!” (Jude 9).

Moses was the great deliverer, lawgiver, and founder of the Hebrew nation. And Elijah was the one who saved it in a time of great apostasy and crisis. Here, they were living representatives to bear witness to the divinity of Jesus. And through their written records, they had testified of Him (Luke 24:44).

Moses represents the saints that will be resurrected from the dead while Elijah represents the saints that will be living when the Lord comes and will go to heaven without seeing death. These two prophets, one raised from the dead and the other translated without seeing death, appeared with Jesus, as a type of the glorious kingdom in which the ransomed of all ages will be with Him in glory (Matt. 25:31; Col. 3:4; 1 Thess. 4:16, 17).

May Jesus bless you all HalleluYAH

Last edited:

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Moses represents the saints that will be resurrected from the dead while Elijah represents the saints that will be living when the Lord comes and will go to heaven without seeing death.

He is going to descend from heaven, based on 1 Thessalonians chapter 4.

1Th 4:16  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 

Based on the word "sleep" in 1 Thessalonians 5:10, chapter 5 is connected to chapter 4.

1Th 5:10  who died for us, that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him.

The timing of the event is on the Day of the Lord, when He comes as a thief.

1Th 5:1  But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. (The word "But" connects chapter 5 to chapter 4.)
1Th 5:2  For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. 

Based on 2 Peter 3:10 and Revelation 16:15-16, it is clearly a Second Coming event.

There is nothing in the text about Christ taking us back to heaven.

It is the invention of those who attempt to ignore the New Covenant found fulfilled in Hebrews 8:6-13. They claim God is going back to the now "obsolete" (Hebrews 8:13) Sinai Covenant, during a future time period of 7 years. They claim the age of Grace comes to an end, even though the New Covenant is "everlasting"( Hebrews 13:20). They try to ignore those under the Blood of the Lamb in Revelation 12:11.

All false systems of interpretation are revealed not by the scripture quoted by its proponents, but rather by the scripture they must ignore to make it work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
"And Moses had a special resurrection by Christ “Yet Michael the archangel, in contending with the devil, when he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a reviling accusation, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!” (Jude 9)."

I don't see anything about Moses being resurrected in that verse.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Instead of trying to identify "the two witnesses" I find it more important to accurately understand what the "two witnesses" are, and ARE NOT.

Revelation 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
Revelation 11:4 These are the two olive trees, AND the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

"the two olive trees" AND "the two candlesticks"

As you see, there are two of one thing and two of another.

------------------one witness------------second witness------------
4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

We have 4 altogether that compose the "two witness".

So what are olive trees?

Zechariah 4:11 Then answered I, and said unto him, What are these two olive trees upon the right side of the candlestick and upon the left side thereof?

"What are these two olive trees"

Zechariah 4:12 And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves?
Zechariah 4:13 And he answered me and said, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.
Zechariah 4:14 Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the Lord of the whole earth.

"These are the two anointed ones"

And olive trees represent anointed people. So, the two olive trees that form ONE WITNESS are two individuals that have been anointed.

Zechariah 4:14 Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the Lord of the whole earth.

Two anointed ones. To be anointed simply means to be blessed with the gifts of the Holy spirit, especially with knowledge which includes knowledge of the future known as prophecy. "ones" means individuals, there are two individuals being spoken of.

ones:

01121 ben {bane}

from 01129; TWOT - 254; n m

AV - son 2978, children 1568, old 135, first 51, man 20, young 18,
young + 01241 17, child 10, stranger 10, people 5, misc 92; 4906

1) son, grandson, child, member of a group
1a) son, male child
1b) grandson
1c) children (pl. - male and female)
1d) youth, young men (pl.)
1e) young (of animals)
1f) sons (as characterisation, ie sons of injustice [for un-
righteous men] or sons of God [for angels]
1g) people (of a nation) (pl.)
1h) of lifeless things, ie sparks, stars, arrows (fig.)
1i) a member of a guild, order, class

----------------one witness--------------second witness------------
4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

What are the two candlesticks?

Revelation 1:20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

"and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches"

Candlesticks represent churches which are groups of Christians.

Revelation 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
Revelation 11:4 These are the two olive trees, AND the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

so to add what we know:

Revelation 11:4 These are the two [anointed ones], AND the two [churches] standing before the God of the earth.

According to scripture, the two witnesses are two churches (candlesticks) AND two persons (olives trees). One witness is the two churches, the other witness is the two persons. Many believe it is Elijah and Enoch but who they are or aren't is another discussion.

When scripture refers to the two "olive trees" and we learn that olive trees represent "anointed ones" then we know these two olive trees are in fact two "anointed ones" which is simply two anointed people or persons...but there's more:

Revelation 11:10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

Here only the two olive trees are called the two prophets. Prophets are individuals, in fact they are males. Two male prophets which are anointed by God to give prophetic messages.

Since its also scriptural fact that candlesticks are churches we then have this:

Revelation 11:4 These are the two olive trees [the two anointed prophets], and the two candlesticks [two churches] standing before the God of the earth.

Rev 11:10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

If you wish to speak of the two prophets which are killed by the antichrist/beast and are raised back to life by God, it is incorrect to refer to them as the "two witnesses" since the scriptures do not. They are referred to as one of the two witnesses, the two olive trees which are two anointed individuals ie: the two prophets.

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"ones" means individuals, there are two individuals being spoken of.

Revelation 11:10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

They are not ordinary individuals but the Prophets of OT as told by Jesus, there are no more prophets after John the Baptist.

Luke 16:16 The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
They are not ordinary individuals but the Prophets of OT as told by Jesus, there are no more prophets after John the Baptist.

Luke 16:16 The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John.

That doesn't say there wouldn't be any more prophets.

1Co_14:29 Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.

Paul said there were.

Act_2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

And here we are promised more prophets.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The Apostles have seen Moses and Elijah, not in a vision but a reality, isnt that enough.

No because, again, nothing says Moses was resurrected and nothing says he will be resurrected before the actual day of resurrection and then die a second time.

Moses is not one of the two prophets that die in the streets of Jerusalem near the end of the trib because he has already died and I don't believe in a secret resurrection before the actual resurrection. Elijah could be one of them since he never died but the two prophets are simply not identified so we can't know who they will be.

• Agree
Reactions: miknik5
Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul said there were.

Act_2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
And here we are promised more prophets.

Thats when Paul was speaking about the gifts of Holy Spirit
1 Cor 12:7 The Holy Spirit is given to each of us in a special way. That is for the good of all
8.......To others he gives the ability to prophesy.

Prophets were in the OT days until John the Baptist as Jesus said it.

Even Matthew, Mark, John, Paul never call themselves as Prophets.
and we call them Apostles.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Thats when Paul was speaking about the gifts of Holy Spirit
1 Cor 12:7 The Holy Spirit is given to each of us in a special way. That is for the good of all
8.......To others he gives the ability to prophesy.

Which makes them prophets just the same as OT prophets.

Even Matthew, Mark, John, Paul never call themselves as Prophets.
and we call them Apostles.

Not being called a prophet does not equal not being one. Paul gave prophecy where Matthew, Mark, John simply repeated prophecy they heard. I don't think they gave any prophecy themselves.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Which makes them prophets just the same as OT prophets.

Not being called a prophet does not equal not being one. Paul gave prophecy where Matthew, Mark, John simply repeated prophecy they heard. I don't think they gave any prophecy themselves.

People should not easily call someone as prophet just because they receive the gift of Holy Spirit (prophecy), there's no evidence the apostles ever call themselves as prophets.the Jews will strongly question them if so.
Even the coming 144000 are called the Servants of God, not prophets.

Some people who rcv the gift of prophecy, due to the glamour and pleasure of the world, have ended up in the Brothel, either as the provider or the consumer.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
People should not easily call someone as prophet just because they receive the gift of Holy Spirit (prophecy), there's no evidence the apostles ever call themselves as prophets.

Anyone that is given prophecy by the HS is a prophet by definition.

So in review, no scripture says prophets stopped appearing. Paul writes of prophets in his day. Paul was a prophet himself. Prophecy itself says more prophets are to come.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Rev 11:4 These are the two Olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

Standing before the God of the earth means standing face to face with God :
The only man who has been in contact face to face with God and remain alive are Henoch, Moses and Elijah.

Olive tree and Candlestick (Menorah) are the symbols from ancient Hebrew.

So Moses and Elijah will be the living Witnesses of Jesus who met Him when He was ministering in Israel, God says at least 2 living Witnesses are required for an acceptable Testimony.

Deut 19:15 :...A matter must be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.

Why did Moses and Elijah appear to Jesus on the mountain?

“He was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and His clothes became as white as the light. And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with Him” (Matthew 17:2, 3).

The Scriptures record the fact that both Moses and Elijah are in heaven. But it is important to note that Elijah was translated to heaven without dying, “Then it happened, as they continued on and talked, that suddenly a chariot of fire appeared with horses of fire, and separated the two of them; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven” (2 Kings 2:11, 12). And Moses had a special resurrection by Christ “Yet Michael the archangel, in contending with the devil, when he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a reviling accusation, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!” (Jude 9).

Moses was the great deliverer, lawgiver, and founder of the Hebrew nation. And Elijah was the one who saved it in a time of great apostasy and crisis. Here, they were living representatives to bear witness to the divinity of Jesus. And through their written records, they had testified of Him (Luke 24:44).

Moses represents the saints that will be resurrected from the dead while Elijah represents the saints that will be living when the Lord comes and will go to heaven without seeing death. These two prophets, one raised from the dead and the other translated without seeing death, appeared with Jesus, as a type of the glorious kingdom in which the ransomed of all ages will be with Him in glory (Matt. 25:31; Col. 3:4; 1 Thess. 4:16, 17).

I agree almost assuredly Moses and Elijah.

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe in a secret resurrection before the actual resurrection.

God has resurrected Lazarus too be4 the actual resurrection.

John 11:43 When he had said this, Jesus called in a loud voice, “Lazarus, come out!” 44 The dead man came out, his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen, and a cloth around his face.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"What are these two olive trees"

There are two Olive Trees found in Romans chapter 11.

One is cultivated and one is wild.

This represents the New Covenant Church made up of Israelite and Gentile branches grafted together into one tree, through faith in Christ.

Upvote 0

Matthew Twentyfour

Take up your cross daily, and follow Me. Luke 9:23
Jan 19, 2015
✟8,141.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It cannot be Moses, because he is dead.

So are Abraham and David, but the Jews listened to them as they did Moses. Enoch wasn't a Jew and they will not know him or listen to him. He's done nothing for the Jewish people the way Moses did.

If the Jews didn't listen to Jesus even after He performed all those miracles to get them to believe, they're not gonna listen to Enoch.

Last edited:
Upvote 0