Georgia
✟909,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I do not contest any part of the Law of Moses nor of the prophets repeated/stated in the NT

So then you are not ok with "do not take God's name in vain" Ex 20:7 because it is not repeated in the NT? seriously??

Paul appears to argue the opposite - in Eph 6:1-2 that unit of Law "the ten" where the "first commandment with a promise" is the 5th commandment... is still valid.

And as James 2 says - the one who breaks one - is guilty of all. And James says the rule is not 'What has Paul copied from the OT" but rather "He who said"

I thought you opened up with 2 Tim 3:14-17 is true.

• Informative
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

SwordmanJr

Double-edged Sword only
Nov 11, 2014
Oklahoma City
✟43,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So then you are not ok with "do not take God's name in vain" Ex 20:7 because it is not repeated in the NT? seriously??

Well, what's perplexing to me is that you seem to assume that such a teaching is not written upon our hearts by the Divine hand of God. Are you implying the Hand of God is limited in its ability and scope to include that item, and many others, upon our hearts in the superior language of the Divine? Why do you keep avoiding that main element in what I've said throughout?

I've also stated before that it's a good thing to study the Law of Moses, because within it are items that can give one pause for consideration.

Jr

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
And as you say - 2 Tim 3 does point to "all scripture" being used for doctrine and correction.

Paul also points out that the unit of Law "where the first commandment with a promise" is the 5th commandment (IE the TEN) is within that larger code of Law - God's Commandments - still applicable to Christians today - Eph 6:1-2. (I notice that this oft repeated Bible detail does not show up here).

That which is written upon our hearts is the Law

Indeed.. so that is Including the one known to Jeremiah and his readers - I like to think of this as being part of standard exegesis for the Jeremiah text.

Jer 31:31-33
31 “Behold, days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, 32 not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them,” declares the Lord. 33 “But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days,” declares the Lord, “I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

where "the first commandment with a promise" in that still valid unit-of-TEN -- is the 5th commandment (IE the TEN) is within that larger code of Law - God's Commandments - still applicable to Christians today - Eph 6:1-2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well, what's perplexing to me is that you seem to assume that such a teaching is not written upon our hearts

On the contrary I keep pointing out that the entire unit of TEN "Where the first commandment with a promise" is the 5th commandment ... is included in the Law known to Jeremiah and his readers as being spoken by God at Sinai and written on the heart under the New Covenant - Jer 31:31-33 - - unchanged in the NT Heb 8:6-12

I think we have all seen me make that point repeatedly by now - so it is confusing to me how you are suggesting that I am trying to get us to ignore Ex 20:7 as if this not included in the TEN - I keep saying are written on the heart according to Jeremiah.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SwordmanJr

Double-edged Sword only
Nov 11, 2014
Oklahoma City
✟43,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
On the contrary I keep pointing out that the entire unit of TEN "Where the first commandment with a promise" is the 5th commandment ... is included in the Law known to Jeremiah and his readers as being spoken by God at Sinai and written on the heart under the New Covenant - Jer 31:31-33 - - unchanged in the NT Heb 8:6-12

I think we have all seen me make that point repeatedly by now - so it is confusing to me how you are suggesting that I am trying to get us to ignore Ex 20:7 as if this not included in the TEN - I keep saying are written on the heart according to Jeremiah.

You speak of a promise, and that promise being "That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth."

I never said anything about ignoring anything. So, what's your contention? You clearly are not obeying the Low of Moses, and there is no separation in that Law that breaks it up into sections that are binding far later down the road, and those that are not.

Rom. 7:6 tells us "But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter."

Numerous times I have reiterated to you and a couple others that if you want to persist in the "letter," then go for it. I'm not here to convince you of anything apart from what is declared in scripture.

Jr

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well, what's perplexing to me is that you seem to assume that such a teaching is not written upon our hearts

You speak of a promise, and that promise being "That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth."

I "speak of promise" ??

This is Paul writing - Eph 6

Eph 6
Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. 2 "Honor your father and mother" (which is the first commandment with a promise), 3 so that it may be well with you, and that you may live long on the earth.

My point is that Paul "could have said" --- "Honor your father and mother because I am a NT Apostle and I am commanded by God to tell you to do that". The very thing that "some people" say is the entire rule by which one should decide if they are obligated to obey or not.

Instead of that...

Paul explicitly appeals to the "unit of TEN" - the fact that there is an OT commandment in that UNIT of Ten.. as his authority, as the well-recognized NT authority for his NT readers.

The very thing "some would say" he was not supposed to do because the only way we could even know if something in the OT was still having authority is if Paul granted it authorization making Paul the greater source, the greater authority. So in this example Paul is refuting that claim outright.

I'm not here to convince you of anything apart from what is declared in scripture

=================================

So then it is "still a sin" to take God's name in vain - to this very day.
As we probably all agree.

"Sin IS transgression of the LAW" 1 John 3:4
"what matters is keeping the Commandments of God" 1 Cor 7:19

You clearly are not obeying the Low of Moses, and there is no separation in that Law that breaks it up into sections that are binding far later down the road, and those that are not.

You are only saying that because you are not actually reading the texts I am giving you for proof.

Let's take 1 Cor 7:19 for example - another case where Paul is doing the very thing that you claim is not possible using the set of rules you have proposed.

in 1 Cor 7:19 contrasts the ceremonial law with the moral law of God ... saying one "is nothing" and the other is "what matters".

This detail is pointed out by both

The Baptist Confession of Faith,
and
the Westminster Confession of Faith

I'm not here to convince you of anything apart from what is declared in scripture

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟325,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I never said anything about ignoring anything. So, what's your contention? You clearly are not obeying the Low of Moses, and there is no separation in that Law that breaks it up into sections that are binding far later down the road, and those that are not.

There is most definitely a separation of the Law God gave Moses. Paul speaks of it in Galatians when explaining the "works of the Law" that the Jews were still pushing on folks.

Gal. 3:19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added (to God's existing laws) because of transgressions, (Of God's existing Laws) till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

God added a Levitical Priesthood that Abraham didn't have, though it is written Abraham had God's Laws, God's Statutes, God's Judgments, and God's Commandments. This Priesthood Law was "ADDED" because of transgressions.

Ex. 28:1 And take thou unto thee Aaron thy brother, and his sons with him, from among the children of Israel, that he may minister unto me in the priest's office, even Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, Eleazar and Ithamar, Aaron's sons.

Num. 18: 1 And the LORD said unto Aaron, Thou and thy sons and thy father's house with thee shall bear the iniquity of the sanctuary: and thou and thy sons with thee shall bear the iniquity of your priesthood.

2 And thy brethren also of the tribe of Levi, the tribe of thy father, bring thou with thee, that they may be joined unto thee, and minister unto thee: but thou and thy sons with thee shall minister before the tabernacle of witness.

3 And they shall keep thy charge, and the charge of all the tabernacle: only they shall not come nigh the vessels of the sanctuary and the altar, that neither they, nor ye also, die.

4 And they shall be joined unto thee, and keep the charge of the tabernacle of the congregation, for all the service of the tabernacle: and a stranger shall not come nigh unto you.

5 And ye shall keep the charge of the sanctuary, and the charge of the altar: that there be no wrath any more upon the children of Israel.

6 And I, behold, I have taken your brethren the Levites from among the children of Israel: to you they are given as a gift for the LORD, to do the service of the tabernacle of the congregation.

7 Therefore thou and thy sons with thee shall keep your priest's office for every thing of the altar, and within the vail; and ye shall serve: I have given your priest's office unto you as a service of gift: and the stranger that cometh nigh shall be put to death.

This was not the LAW God desired to be kept at first. It was "ADDED" because of transgressions. It was a separate Law specifically given to the Levites, on Israel's behalf, that dealt with the Sanctuary and atonement "Til the Seed should come".

Only a Levite could serve in this Priesthood. God separated Levi from the rest of the Children of Israel and gave them this Priesthood that Abraham didn't have.

Jer. 7:21 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Put your burnt offerings unto your sacrifices, and eat flesh.

22 For I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices:

23 But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.

God didn't institute the Levitical Priesthood at first as He points out here. It was "ADDED" after Israel transgressed the Laws God gave them.

24 But they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear, but walked in the counsels and in the imagination of their evil heart, and went backward, and not forward.

This Covenant God made with Levi, "ADDED" because of Transgressions, is the Covenant that changed in Heb. 7 that you partially quoted recently.

Sadly, this Biblical Truth about the Separation between God's Laws which define sin, and God's Laws "ADDED" because of sin, "til the Seed should come" is not taught in the religions of the land.

So then when Paul says "Works of the Law", the deceivers in the religions of the land today, preach this means the Whole Law including Love God and Love thy neighbor as thyself. When the Biblical truth is Paul is speaking about the Atonement Laws and Sanctuary duties given specifically to the Levites on Israel's behalf.

Ex. 27:21 In the tabernacle of the congregation without the vail, which is before the testimony, Aaron and his sons shall order it from evening to morning before the LORD: it shall be a statute for ever unto their generations on the behalf of the children of Israel.

So your preaching "and there is no separation in that Law that breaks it up into sections that are binding far later down the road, and those that are not." is another popular, yet untrue wind of doctrine being bandied about for centuries by the mainstream preachers of this land. The Scriptures clearly expose the "no separation between Laws" doctrines as the false teaching it is. The men who knew God, always knew the Messiah, the pattern after which the temple and Priesthood was molded after, would come, and the "ADDED" Law would come to an end as Jer. 31 promises. While the Laws of God, this Covenant with Levi was "ADDED" too, would be written on the hearts of those men who placed their trust in this same God.

The Jews built a religion around this Priesthood, and omitted the weightier matters of the Law God gave them, and they called this religion "The Law of Moses". Peter knew better, so he told the new converts not to listen to these Jews, whose religious traditions had burdened their fathers for centuries, but to go learn directly from Moses, the same thing Jesus taught them to do in Matt. 23:1.

• Winner
Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

SwordmanJr

Double-edged Sword only
Nov 11, 2014
Oklahoma City
✟43,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Exo 31:14 KJV - Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it [is] holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth [any] work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.
Exo 31:15 KJV - Six days may work be done; but in the seventh [is] the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth [any] work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.

Who is the YOU in the above, to whom the commandment for observance of the Sabbath was directed?

Exo 31:16 KJV - Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, [for] a perpetual covenant.

Nothing in there about all the people's of the earth.....specifically, GENTILES, but rather ISRAEL.

Exo 31:17 KJV - It [is] a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

Are YOU a part of Israel? I'm not. That doesn't mean we cannot or should not observe it, but to claim there is some moral crisis in Gentiles NOT living by the letter of that Law of Moses, and ALL OTHER of the Law of Moses, that is a declaration rooted in subjective interpretation by piecing together other verses to try and alter the meaning of this text into saying something OTHER than what it clearly stipulates.

You legalists, in the midst of your religious zeal for adherence to the letter, love harping about the power of the letter, when in fact, it is written that the letter kills. You give lip service to being spiritual, but you continue in failing to admit the superiority of walking by the Spirit who indwells all true believers, who is the very LAW GIVER HIMSELF. Do you get that?

2Co 3:6 KJV - Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

In case someone wants to try and twist the above verse into saying what it's not, I will continue with the CONTEXT as a defensive measure against lies and false teaching:

2Co 3:7 KJV - But if the ministration of death, written [and] engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which [glory] was to be done away:
2Co 3:8 KJV - How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?
2Co 3:9 KJV - For if the ministration of condemnation [be] glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.
2Co 3:10 KJV - For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.
2Co 3:11 KJV - For if that which is done away [was] glorious, much more that which remaineth [is] glorious.

All the shuck and jive nonsense of trying to wrangle words into a meaning outside the context, anything outside of what is declared here is nothing but lies and false teaching.

2Co 3:12 KJV - Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech:
2Co 3:13 KJV - And not as Moses, [which] put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:

Oh, but how much more plain could it all be? Trying to claim this only refers to that which was allegedly added because of transgressions, such need to go and look in the mirror and ask themselves why they willingly persist in lies and deceits in the face of what we can read in all its clarity.

2Co 3:14 KJV - But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which [vail] is done away in Christ.

Oh SNAP! Why persist in living and teaching lies that are contrary to this and many other passages throughout?

2Co 3:15 KJV - But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
2Co 3:16 KJV - Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.
2Co 3:17 KJV - Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord [is], there [is] liberty.
2Co 3:18 KJV - But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, [even] as by the Spirit of the Lord.

So, it needs to be understood that there are those who simply have a problem with God's Sovereignty. That is the one element the vast majority of unbelievers have. They want a god who conforms to THEM and how THEY think such a god should exist.

Then there are those who don't like it that God has exercised His Sovereignty by doing away with the necessity for ADHERENCE to that which He clearly declared as inferior in order that His people may be lifted up to the HIGHER standard of living by the SPIRIT rather than by the LETTER! Instead, some demand that all others are bound to the letter, and that not being bound to the letter, in their minds, is a violation of it all....never minding that they have never been empowered by the Most High to speak that which is contrary to what is written.

The Law of Moses and the prophets have NOT been done away with! I never said that they had, but some detractors seem to enjoy gleefully splashing about in their baby pools, pointing fingers of accusation at those of us eating meat in the deep end of the adult pool.

That Law is what will stand as the Law by which the wicked shall be judged. Unbelievers and deniers of Christ Jesus are UNDER THE LAW, and it's CONDEMNATION. It is that condemnation that keeps their names from being found in the BOOK OF LIFE. It is by the POWER in the Blood of Christ Jesus that the names of us believers are written in that Book.

So, believing otherwise is a freedom the detractors have. They are free to try and scale the wall standing on either side of that narrow path that few find and traverse. They can try and cheat by scaling the wall at that Gate that leads to Life, but they will find themselves struggling at an impossible task, those who reject the power of the Law written upon our hearts by the Law Giver Himself. It is a nullification of the superiority of the Law written upon the hearts that separates away the legalists from those who live by the Spirit of the Lord our God.

Jr

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟325,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Exo 31:14 KJV - Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it [is] holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth [any] work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.
Exo 31:15 KJV - Six days may work be done; but in the seventh [is] the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth [any] work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.

Who is the YOU in the above, to whom the commandment for observance of the Sabbath was directed?

Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it [is] holy unto you: every one (Jew or Gentile) that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever (Jew or Gentile) doeth [any] work therein, that soul (Jew or Gentile) shall be cut off from among his people.

The "You" the Christ, the Creator God of the Bible is speaking to, is "HIS People".

This SAME God, who came to earth as a Flesh and Blood Human, said His Commandment was for BOTH, the Homeborn (Jew) and the Stranger (Gentile). Paul confirms this in his ministry. "there is no Jew or Gentile in Christ".

Ex. 12:49 One law shall be to him that is homeborn, and unto the stranger that sojourneth among you.

This SAME CHRIST who came to earth in the person of Jesus, also said:

IS. 56:1 Thus saith the LORD, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed.

2 Blessed is the man (No Jew or Gentile in Christ) that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.

6 Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;

7 Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.

This same Christ, who came to earth as a man, also said;

Lev. 23:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,

2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts.

Not Jewish Feasts, Not Israel's Feasts, but this Same Christ tells us in HIS Word that the Sabbath is HIS FEAST.

HIS Sabbath, by His OWN Word's, both as the Word of God, and as the Flesh the Word of God became.

Matt. 12:8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day..

And His Sabbath is Holy unto Him.

Ex. 31:15 Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.

And it is to be Holy unto HIS PEOPLE, Homeborn or Stranger, because the God of the Bible is "No respecter of persons", at least according to HIS OWN Words.

14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul ( Homeborn, "Jew" or Stranger "Gentile" shall be cut off from among his people.

1 Peter 1:13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:

15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;

16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:

As Jesus Himself also said;

Matt. 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

For these reasons and more, I have been convinced, by Study, that God's Laws are HIS LAWS and anyone who humbles themselves to HIM, Jew or Gentile, are HIS PEOPLE

Exo 31:16 KJV - Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, [for] a perpetual covenant.

Nothing in there about all the people's of the earth.....specifically, GENTILES, but rather ISRAEL.

That is simply untrue. OH, you can follow the example of the Mainstream Preachers of His time, and omit the Word's which show that God"s Laws are HIS WAY for all people, and not just those of a certain DNA. Religious men have been doing that for Centuries. But for those interested in simply knowing the Truth, This God, who became Flesh, made it clear that The Laws He gave to Abraham and Abraham's Children are HIS Laws, His Judgments which HE gave for all mankind.

If what you preach is true, and the Scriptures have already exposed it as false, then you are not part of the New Covenant either.

Jer. 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

If you are not grafted into Israel, then this verse excludes you.

Exo 31:17 KJV - It [is] a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

Are YOU a part of Israel? I'm not. That doesn't mean we cannot or should not observe it, but to claim there is some moral crisis in Gentiles NOT living by the letter of that Law of Moses, and ALL OTHER of the Law of Moses, that is a declaration rooted in subjective interpretation by piecing together other verses to try and alter the meaning of this text into saying something OTHER than what it clearly stipulates.

I know you are not part of Israel, by your own choice and admission. The Pharisees were not part of Israel either.

Rom. 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

The reason for my reply to you is because of your false teaching. We can talk about how to honor God in another post. But first let's set the record straight about who God's Laws were for. You claim they were only for people of a certain DNA. The Pharisees also believed this same thing. I have posted several scriptures, there are "many" more, that expose this teaching that God's Laws are only for men of a certain DNA, as false.

When you combine this false religious doctrine of yours, to the false Preaching that the Christ Lied and Deceived HIS People when HE brought them out of Egypt be telling them they could keep Laws HE knew were impossible to keep, then slaughtered them when they didn't keep them. And worse than that, You imply by your religion that HE even sent Prophets to further these Lies, you have the very religion that Jesus, and His Disciples warned so many times against.

I implore you to reconsider following a religion which preaches to the World that the Word of God which became Flesh, is a Liar and Deceiver, and that He is also a respecter of persons, whose Word's can not be trusted. But Your words can.

As it is written;

2Tim. 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. (If a man believes them)

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

God did not lie to HIS People, God is not a Respecter of persons, Salvation is of the Jews.

Acts 13:42 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.

I pray that God may lift the veil that is on your heart.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Exo 31:14 KJV.

1. "The 7th day is THE Sabbath of the LORD (YHWH)" Ex 20:10.. who are the people of God?

2. Jer 31
31 “Behold, days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, 32 not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them,” declares the Lord. 33 “But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days,” declares the Lord, “I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them,” declares the Lord, “for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”

Who is the NEW Covenant made for ??

My suggestion is that you re-think that one in the light of Jer 31 and the NEW Covenant.

3. What is that unit of Law in which "the first commandment with a promise" is the 5th commandment. Eph 6:1-2

4. What is the definition of "ALL MANKIND" in Isaiah 66:23 "from Sabbath to Sabbath shall all MANKIND come before Me to worship" for all eternity after the cross in the New Earth.

5. Gentiles specifically singled out for blessing if they choose not to profane the Sabbath of the Lord.. the "Holy day of the Lord" Isaiah 56:6-8 Isaiah 58:13

gentiles specifically singled out for blessing if they choose not to profane the Sabbath in Isaiah 56:6-8

gentiles included in the "all MANKIND" of Isaiah 66:23

You legalists, in the midst of your religious zeal for adherence to the letter, love harping about the power of the letter,

1. false accusation
2. We are pointing to "the details" in the Word of God as the "sola scriptura" test of the doctrine you suggest.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Then there are those who don't like it that God has exercised His Sovereignty by doing away with the necessity for ADHERENCE to that which He clearly declared as inferior...

The Law of Moses and the prophets have NOT been done away with! I never said that they had, but some detractors seem to enjoy gleefully splashing about...

That LAW - the moral law of God that condemns all mankind to this very day Rom 3:19-20 is the same LAW that is "written on the heart" under the NEW Covenant - Jer 31:31-33

So for the saints "do we then make void the LAW of God by our faith? God forbid! In fact we ESTABLISH the LAW" Rom 3:31

that law where "the first COMMANDMENT with a promise" is the 5th commandment - Eph 6:1-2

• Agree
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

SwordmanJr

Double-edged Sword only
Nov 11, 2014
Oklahoma City
✟43,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it [is] holy unto you: every one (Jew or Gentile) that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever (Jew or Gentile) doeth [any] work therein, that soul (Jew or Gentile) shall be cut off from among his people.

Throwing in your personal additions to the scriptures to try and broaden the scope to include Gentiles thousands of years later, who are under a different covenant, will never convince even a Theology 101 student.

Your claims are Rejected!

The "You" the Christ, the Creator God of the Bible is speaking to, is "HIS People".

I don't know who taught you the rules for interpretation, but you were sold an inferior bill of goods if you paid for the lessons.

This SAME God, who came to earth as a Flesh and Blood Human, said His Commandment was for BOTH, the Homeborn (Jew) and the Stranger (Gentile). Paul confirms this in his ministry. "there is no Jew or Gentile in Christ".

This is some seriously warped application and intermixing if non-convergent contexts.

I am not a sojourning stranger in Israel in ancient times, and neither are you.

https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Isaiah-56-7/

Again, you refuse to acknowledge the words of the apostles to the Gentiles. Constantly harping on the things said to the nation to whom the Law was given and over whom it commanded, that will not change the words given to us under the New Covenant.

This same Christ, who came to earth as a man, also said;

Lev. 23:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,

2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts.

Not Jewish Feasts, Not Israel's Feasts, but this Same Christ tells us in HIS Word that the Sabbath is HIS FEAST.

HIS Sabbath, by His OWN Word's, both as the Word of God, and as the Flesh the Word of God became.

UNTO THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL. You have a serious bent upon failing to recognize scope and application.

Nothing in that context says that the Old Covenant was to carry over into the New Covenant to those who are not of Israel. Jesus did indeed uphold the Law to those to whom it was relevant and binding. None of this is to say the Law passed away, but you have failed repeatedly to demonstrate how the letter of the Law of Moses shattered the cross of Christ Jesus into tiny bits to be trampled over by the Law of Moses.

And His Sabbath is Holy unto Him.

Ex. 31:15 Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.

And it is to be Holy unto HIS PEOPLE, Homeborn or Stranger, because the God of the Bible is "No respecter of persons", at least according to HIS OWN Words.

Repeating the same fallacy over and over and over will never establish your case.

14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul ( Homeborn, "Jew" or Stranger "Gentile" shall be cut off from among his people.

I'm not homeborn nor a stranger in that land.

Nothing in there about adherence to the Law of Moses. Building your case on the shabby foundation of guilt by association is as riddled with fallacy as to say that, because Moses was human, ALL humans throughout all time and nations are bound to the Law He was inspired to write down to which the people of Israel were bound.

As Jesus Himself also said;

Matt. 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

For these reasons and more, I have been convinced, by Study, that God's Laws are HIS LAWS and anyone who humbles themselves to HIM, Jew or Gentile, are HIS PEOPLE

You have some serious problems in how you tie things together with such subjective abandon. You seem to care nothing at all about context, application, audience, timeline, covenants or anything else that serve to provide needed insight into the scope and limitations. Being a loose cannon, shooting verses all over the place that do not tie in to one another in any manner that foster even a speck of cohesion, that's just downright messy in the worst way.

That is simply untrue. OH, you can follow the example of the Mainstream Preachers of His time, and omit the Word's which show that God"s Laws are HIS WAY for all people, and not just those of a certain DNA. Religious men have been doing that for Centuries. But for those interested in simply knowing the Truth, This God, who became Flesh, made it clear that The Laws He gave to Abraham and Abraham's Children are HIS Laws, His Judgments which HE gave for all mankind.

You are flattering only yourself and your handful of friends who happen to somewhat agree with you. The rest of us remain unimpressed.

If what you preach is true, and the Scriptures have already exposed it as false, then you are not part of the New Covenant either.

Jer. 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

If you are not grafted into Israel, then this verse excludes you.

You never even considered Jeremiah until I pointed those verses out to you.

This bogus nonsense only shows your lack of comprehension of the scriptures. Israel is the branch Paul spoke of that was pruned and cast aside, only to possibly be grafted back in. You better believe I'm not a part of that branch, and have no desire to be a part of it. I am a part of the Church, the Body of Christ.

See? You keep stumbling into the most basic of blunders, painting yourself into corners, and then try to claim the mess of paint footprints are not your for you to have gotten out of that corner. You deny the obvious as if we're all too stupid to see what you're up to. Come on! Let's be honest here, huh? Please start applying scripture with legitimate and credible application.

Your claims remain Rejected!

I won't tell you what my Messianic Jewish friends think of your theology. They had a word in their language that is better not repeated here.

Jr

Upvote 0

SwordmanJr

Double-edged Sword only
Nov 11, 2014
Oklahoma City
✟43,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1. "The 7th day is THE Sabbath of the LORD (YHWH)" Ex 20:10.. who are the people of God?....

You and Studyboy appear to have the same problems in all your misapplications, bridging things together that don't belong, and misrepresenting the contexts and meanings.

Your claims are rejected!

Jr

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟325,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This bogus nonsense only shows your lack of comprehension of the scriptures. Israel is the branch Paul spoke of that was pruned and cast aside, only to possibly be grafted back in. You better believe I'm not a part of that branch, and have no desire to be a part of it. I am a part of the Church, the Body of Christ.

Still, in spite of all your own words in defense of your religious philosophy, I find zero Biblical evidence that God Lied and Deceived Abraham's Children after HE rescued them from Egypt. And you provide nothing but your own words in defense of your religion. Similar to your latest religious statement below.

"Israel is the branch Paul spoke of that was pruned and cast aside"

This is what you preach. But again, when one actually looks at scripture, they find Paul preaches just the opposite.

Rom. 11:1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,

So once again, You preach God "Cast aside" Israel, and Paul teaches God did not. So there is your gospel, and the Gospel of Christ that Paul taught.

I didn't ask you to preach another gospel, but I am instructed to point out these false teachings when I see them. If not for you, then for others reading along.

17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree; 20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: 21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

I don't think you really know what you worship, given the Scriptures can not support your religious philosophy. But Jesus most certainly did know what HE Worshiped.

John 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

These are not my Word's, but the Christ's Word's Himself. And you reject them, not me.

Rom. 2:26 Therefore if the uncircumcision (Gentile) keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision? (Jew)

28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

Like Moses also declared.

Duet. 10:16 Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked.

Rom. 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

I was once snared, held captive by a religion which taught that God is a Liar that deceived His Own People, like you are. But the Word of God which became Flesh delivered me from this Egypt. I will not "turn again" to the "beggarly elements" of a religion which preaches to the world that God is a Liar and a respecter of persons. Even if it is a loud and persistent voice in the garden.

I prefer to listen to Paul, inspired by "EVERY WORD" of the Christ of the Bible, when it comes to the teaching for Gentiles.

Rom. 2:8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,

9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

11 For there is no respect of persons with God. (Of the Bible)

Acts 24:13 Neither can they prove the things whereof they now accuse me.

14 But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they (Mainstream Preachers of Paul's Time) call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:

Paul doesn't believe as you, that God is a Liar, and a respecter of persons. He tells us plainly what he teaches both Jews and Gentiles.

Acts 26:19 Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision:

20 But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they (Jew and Gentile) should repent and turn to God, (The God you preach deceived His Own People) and do works meet for repentance.

Even a maggot turd like me can see that according to Paul, the obedient, repentant Gentiles who have turned to the God of the Bible, have become God's People just as the Spirit of Christ inspired Isaiah to say for our admonition in Is. 56. A claim he made that you openly rejected.

Acts 13:42 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these (Moses) words might be preached to them the next sabbath.

Why??? Because as the Jesus of the Bible teaches, "Salvation is of the Jews".

The Gentiles who reject God's Laws, just as the unbelieving Jews rejected God's Laws, will be "cut off" from His People.

Your unbelief in the Holy Scriptures doesn't make the Holy Scriptures void.

See? You keep stumbling into the most basic of blunders, painting yourself into corners, and then try to claim the mess of paint footprints are not your for you to have gotten out of that corner. You deny the obvious as if we're all too stupid to see what you're up to. Come on! Let's be honest here, huh? Please start applying scripture with legitimate and credible application.

I don't think you are stupid. I believe that you are experiencing spiritually the same thing that happens to "every" religious man that preaches to the world that God is a Liar who deceived His own people into believing they could obey what you and "Many" who come in Christ's Name preach to the world is impossible. Then "Cast them aside" when they didn't obey Laws HE told them they could obey. As Paul said;

Rom. 1: 21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

No, I never said you were stupid, just deceived into believing lies about the God of the Bible, just as Eve was also deceived. It's no shame to be deceived, the shame comes in when religious men "Hear" God's Word that exposes the deceit, and then "Reject" His Word's as Lies.

Your claims remain Rejected!

Well, to be honest, it is the Christ of the Bible, and His servant Paul's teaching that you are rejecting. As Jesus implied, "they called Him a liar first".

I won't tell you what my Messianic Jewish friends think of your theology. They had a word in their language that is better not repeated here.

I have read and communicated with several men on this forum who claim the Messianic Jew position. Certainly Jesus was a Messianic Jew. These men that I have encountered on this sight would not talk maliciously about a brother behind his back. If I posted something they thought was in error, they would help me by pointing out the error in scriptures, as I did you on your OP. OR they would PM me. I just don't believe they would go behind someones back and bad mouth them. At least not the few I have read on this forum.

Your anger and self defense is a natural reaction of religious men, recorded by the Christ of the Bible for our admonition, since Cain and Abel.

I am simply pointing out that God and His Prophets are not liars and deceivers, even though they may have the power to be so.

Your claims remain Rejected

Nevertheless, May the God of the Bible and HIS Word lead you to repentance.

• Friendly
Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Exo 31:14 KJV.

1. "The 7th day is THE Sabbath of the LORD (YHWH)" Ex 20:10.. who are the people of God?

2. Jer 31
31 “Behold, days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, 32 not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them,” declares the Lord. 33 “But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days,” declares the Lord, “I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them,” declares the Lord, “for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”

quoted also in the NT Heb 8:6-12 - verbatim... and unchanged!!

6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, by as much as He is also the mediator of a better covenant, which has been enacted on better promises.

A New Covenant
7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion sought for a second. 8 For finding fault with them, He says,

“Behold, days are coming, says the Lord,
When I will effect a new covenant
With the house of Israel and with the house of Judah
;
9 Not like the covenant which I made with their fathers
On the day when I took them by the hand
To lead them out of the land of Egypt;
For they did not continue in My covenant,
And I did not care for them, says the Lord.
10 “For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel
After those days, says the Lord:
I will put My laws into their minds,
And I will write them on their hearts
And I will be their God,
And they shall be My people.
11 “And they shall not teach everyone his fellow citizen,
And everyone his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’
For all will know Me,
From the least to the greatest of them.
12 “For I will be merciful to their iniquities,
And I will remember their sins no more.”

========================

so then Who is the NEW Covenant made for ??

My suggestion is that you re-think that one in the light of Jer 31 and the NEW Covenant.

3. What is that unit of Law in which "the first commandment with a promise" is the 5th commandment. Eph 6:1-2

4. What is the definition of "ALL MANKIND" in Isaiah 66:23 "from Sabbath to Sabbath shall all MANKIND come before Me to worship" for all eternity after the cross in the New Earth.

5. Gentiles specifically singled out for blessing if they choose not to profane the Sabbath of the Lord.. the "Holy day of the Lord" Isaiah 56:6-8 Isaiah 58:13

gentiles specifically singled out for blessing if they choose not to profane the Sabbath in Isaiah 56:6-8

gentiles included in the "all MANKIND" of Isaiah 66:23

You legalists, in the midst of your religious zeal for adherence to the letter, love harping about the power of the letter,

1. false accusation
2. We are pointing to "the details" in the Word of God as the "sola scriptura" test of the doctrine you suggest.

======================================

You and Studyboy appear to have the same problem

You are free to post a compelling response to the Bible details just given ... or not.

The choice is up to you.. You have free will.

I don't mind letting the objective unbiased reader note those details ... instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: Studyman
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SwordmanJr

Double-edged Sword only
Nov 11, 2014
Oklahoma City
✟43,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Still, in spite of all your own words in defense of your religious philosophy, I find zero Biblical evidence that God Lied and Deceived Abraham's Children after HE rescued them from Egypt. And you provide nothing but your own words in defense of your religion. Similar to your latest religious statement below.

Your straw man argument will not prove anything.

Jr

Upvote 0

SwordmanJr

Double-edged Sword only
Nov 11, 2014
Oklahoma City
✟43,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

2. Jer 31....

Pointing only at the OT verses, while ignoring the verses that are relevant to us today is legalism and a denial of what is taught to us by the apostle to the Gentiles.

If you want to adhere to what was given to Israel, then go for it. You have no footing nor traction for your legalistic application as the Law of Moses applies to us Gentiles.

Jr

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

2. Jer 31

6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, by as much as He is also the mediator of a better covenant, which has been enacted on better promises.

A New Covenant
7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion sought for a second. 8 For finding fault with them, He says,

;
And I will be their God,
For all will know Me,

Pointing only at the OT verses, while ignoring the verses that are relevant to us today is legalism

you seem to have a different definition for that term with almost every post.

Jer 31 quoted also in the NT Heb 8:6-12 - verbatim... and unchanged!! :)

Heb 8

A New Covenant

;
And I will be their God,
For all will know Me,

Upvote 0

SwordmanJr

Double-edged Sword only
Nov 11, 2014
Oklahoma City
✟43,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Heb 8

A New Covenant

;
And I will be their God,
For all will know Me,

That's right. Jesus was sent unto the Jews, not the Gentiles. He did indeed establish a new Covenant. Not a Covenant of Law, but of His blood and His flesh for all who would come to Him.

You have your letter of the Law, and we have Christ Jesus. He is Who we need above all else. Him alone do I let sit on the throne of my life, not the letter of the Law. He is the Law Giver, and He has written upon my heart His Law that I will honor as best I can with His help. His righteousness has been imputed unto us in the Church. He alone deserves our devotion.

Christ Jesus is come in the flesh!

Jr

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

2. Jer 31

A New Covenant

;
And I will be their God,
For all will know Me,

Pointing only at the OT verses, while ignoring the verses that are relevant to us today is legalism

Heb 8

A New Covenant

;
And I will be their God,
For all will know Me,

the point remains.

That's right. Jesus was sent unto the Jews

And Hebrews 8 is in the NT not the OT.

2 Tim 3
16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

That NEW covenant "unchanged" in Heb 8 from what it was in Jer 31 says the LAW of God known to Jeremiah and his readers is "written on heart and mind" under the NEW Covenant.

The point remains...

Upvote 0