Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thought it would be interesting to ask what you listen to on your way to work (or in this Covid world.. what you used to listen to when you drove to work).

Podcast? Music? Do you still use the old fashioned radio?

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I drive for work. Mostly I listen to podcasts.

That's cool.

I normally listen to podcasts when I drive home. In the morning I listen to a local talk station. I guess it might qualify as one of those "Howard Stern" clones but I like the local atmosphere and relevancy of it. Helps get me through my grumpy mornings.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have some albums saved. This week I have been listening to Anglican church hymns. I also have some swing albums like Glenn Miller, etc.

I like Glenn Miller but I cannot imagine listening to him during the morning.. lol.

• Agree
Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟837,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thought it would be interesting to ask what you listen to on your way to work (or in this Covid world.. what you used to listen to when you drove to work).

Lately, if I listen to anything it's old fashioned radio. For some reason, nonsense appeals to me.

Woody and Wilcox - 100.7 WRDU

Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Lately, if I listen to anything it's old fashioned radio. For some reason, nonsense appeals to me.

https://wrdu.iheart.com/topic/Woody and Wilcox Blog (41758)/

I use to listen to them when I lived in the Charlotte NC area.... They actually broadcast from a studio that was 1/4 mile from where I worked in the morning in South Charlotte. Their broadcast usually came on, just as I was ending my shift and driving home...

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Woody and Wilcox - 100.7 WRDU

Nonsense is good in the morning. A helpful bridge between nonsense dreams and easing into the waking reality world.

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟755,182.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Being hard of hearing, I don't listen to the radio, podcasts etc. I have to turn the radio up too loud to be comfortable, and most of the time on most stations I'm not interested in the topic. I'm particularly not interested in the 'rah...rah...rah..." stations.

So boring old "Sounds of Silence" for me. I suppose I'm more visual eg. reading (er ... not when I'm driving).

That's why my wife always knows when I've been driving her car. She hops in, starts the engine, and the radio is as dead as a doornail.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I switch between podcasts and music. I will listen to sports radio when the cowboys lose to hear them whine.

Upvote 0

The happy Objectivist

Jul 3, 2020
Center
✟65,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I don't have a commute since I work in my shop at home. I listen to my ipod from the time I get up until I go to bed. In the morning I'll usually listen to videos on youtube about space and cosmology and science. During the day and till bed it's usually audio books, mostly science fiction but also a lot of philosophy.

Upvote 0