Feb 2, 2014
✟33,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
On the way to work this morning, a care in front of me wasnt paying attention and therefore caused all of us to miss the traffic light. This frustrated me because it occurred towards the beginning of my commute which is typically just over an hour and I dont have time to spare in terms of making it to work on time.
As we continued driving, I was delayed again just before it was time to get on the freeway - then as we inched forward, I realized why...an accident had just occurred. If I had not missed the previous light which put me (only) 2 minutes behind, that could have been me in that accident!
So of course getting past this accident increased my time by another 5 minutes or so, but I was thankful that I was only delayed a few minutes as opposed to having actually been in an accident! #PraiseGod

On the tail end of my commute when I was close to getting off the exit to go to work, there was a huge delay. My commute is against the normal flow of traffic, so it is unusual that I encounter traffic backups. However today there was a major backup and we sat for quite a while until I started seeing police cars flying past, then a couple ambulances and a few fire trucks. Its turns out that just in front of me, there was a major accident involving multiple cars and it appeared to be at least 1 fatality.

As I prayed for those involved and their families, it occurred to me that without those few minutes of a delay, that could have ALSO been me!! I was frustrated with the person that had me held up for only 2 minutes - yet look at what I was protected from! I began to immediately praise God for the delays. Often when I pray about something and it doesnt happen on my time table, I am frustrated. I have been working on increasing my patience with Gods timing and His will, but the human part of me still gets a bit antsy when I feel like things are going wrong. And often times, we may not know WHY God has brought about this delay. But today I was blessed with the opportunity for God to show me WHY He allowed me to be delayed - not once, but twice! He showed me how small I am in the grand scheme of His plan and how His plans always work out for my good! I am so excited that He protected me from danger and allowed me to see what He protected me from! This was also a great reminder to me because I have recently been frustrated about something in my life not happening on my time table, but I know He is letting me know that He is working it out for my good and to be patient because His ways are better than mine!

The praise in my heart right now in indescribable, as I felt Him speaking to me through these incidents this morning and reminding me of how much He loves me! #PraiseHim

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"God only knows the times my life was threatened just today.
A reckless car ran out of gas before it ran my way.
Near misses all around me, accidents unknown,
Though I never see with human eyes the hands that lead me home.
But I know they're all around me all day and through the night.
When the enemy is closing in, I know sometimes they fight
To keep my fight from falling, I'll never turn away.
If you're asking what's protecting me then you're gonna hear me say:

Got his angels watching over me, every move I make,
Angles watching over me!
Angels watching over me, every step I take,
Angels watching over me"

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
HI loveconquers,

Well, I'll tell one of my 'was it God's hand' stories. My son and I were making a trip from our home in South Carolina to Covington KY to see the Creation Museum that is just outside of town there. We were driving up the Interstate and for absolutely no discernible reason that anyone could later find, the engine just shut off and we coasted over to the side of the road. Repeated attempts to start the vehicle would indicate that the ignition or the battery was the problem. The vehicle wouldn't start. So, having roadside assistance I called for a tow truck to take us to the next little town. When we got there, the mechanic got in the vehicle and it started right up. He checked the battery connections and fuses and couldn't find any reason why the vehicle would have just shut down. He said it was no charge because he hadn't really done anything and I gave him a $20 tip and my son and I headed back to the highway.

Very shortly after getting back on the highway we noticed some fairly large pieces of tire rubber spread across the center of the lanes and we looked at each other with the question immediately coming to both of our minds. Obviously it had just recently happened because the highway patrols are always pulling such debris out of the travel lanes as soon as they see it. Would we have been riding along side that truck when the tire blew had we not had the engine trouble? It's just one of those times when a believer has to say, "Hmmmm?"

I drove that vehicle for another two years and nothing ever happened like that again. I never had any kind of electrical problem with it again. I made a couple of trips a year from our home to south Florida and many other highway drives.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Reactions: LoveConquers
Upvote 0

LoveConquers

Imperfectly Perfect
Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2014
✟33,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
HI loveconquers,

Well, I'll tell one of my 'was it God's hand' stories. My son and I were making a trip from our home in South Carolina to Covington KY to see the Creation Museum that is just outside of town there. We were driving up the Interstate and for absolutely no discernible reason that anyone could later find, the engine just shut off and we coasted over to the side of the road. Repeated attempts to start the vehicle would indicate that the ignition or the battery was the problem. The vehicle wouldn't start. So, having roadside assistance I called for a tow truck to take us to the next little town. When we got there, the mechanic got in the vehicle and it started right up. He checked the battery connections and fuses and couldn't find any reason why the vehicle would have just shut down. He said it was no charge because he hadn't really done anything and I gave him a $20 tip and my son and I headed back to the highway.

Very shortly after getting back on the highway we noticed some fairly large pieces of tire rubber spread across the center of the lanes and we looked at each other with the question immediately coming to both of our minds. Obviously it had just recently happened because the highway patrols are always pulling such debris out of the travel lanes as soon as they see it. Would we have been riding along side that truck when the tire blew had we not had the engine trouble? It's just one of those times when a believer has to say, "Hmmmm?"

I drove that vehicle for another two years and nothing ever happened like that again. I never had any kind of electrical problem with it again. I made a couple of trips a year from our home to south Florida and many other highway drives.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Wow...isnt amazing how He takes care of us even when we feel we are being inconvenienced!?

Upvote 0