Logan City
✟747,016.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I've had a brief look at your posts. As far as I can make out, a lot of your anxieties are due to your "extreme OCD" (in your own words).

Not knowing much about psychiatry, I thought I'd better start by finding out what OCD is. I started by looking up this link, which stated that ...

What Is Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder?

Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is an anxiety disorder in which time people have recurring, unwanted thoughts, ideas or sensations (obsessions) that make them feel driven to do something repetitively (compulsions). The repetitive behaviors, such as hand washing, checking on things or cleaning, can significantly interfere with a person’s daily activities and social interactions.

It also noted that one of the examples of the compulsions that an affect people with OCD is the following ....

Mental compulsions to response to intrusive obsessive thoughts, some people silently pray or say phrases to reduce anxiety or prevent a dreaded future event.

It may be that you have committed some sins, but then so have all the rest of us. Christ's promise was that all sins are forgivable except blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, and even that's something that seems to be a matter of opinion at times.

Somehow or other you'll have to stick to the thought that God forgives, and believe it. Since you are prone to obsessive thinking, then you might need to find a way to make that statement one of your compulsive thoughts viz. that God loves you and has forgiven you, provided you have repented in the name of Christ.

• Informative
Reactions: ChicanaRose
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,626.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The morning after pill is not a sin. Abortion is.
Sorry, disagree here.... It's no different. If a child is conceived... it is God's will that it is conceived.. It is a living soul, a human being and to intervene is a sin...

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,626.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Guys I'm so so sorry with the constant threads. Now I'm getting even more sick and scared. This was back several years ago that I taken this pill and I didn't pay much attention to religion. And I had no clue til now that it was a sin to take this pill
Aquatic:

You seem to be genuinely sorry for this act. Your heart is knowledgeable of this and you are remorseful.

Just ask God for forgiveness. All we need to do is acknowledge that we are sinners and go to Him for forgiveness.... You have repented.

It is the enemy who is hounding you and convicting you. He is the great accuser.

We are told to use the power of Jesus name. Many prayers using His name will protect you... try something like this..... In your home, a private place, say in a confident voice..

"In the name of Jesus Christ, my Savior, I rebuke the devil, Satan and all his associated beings. By the shed blood of Jesus Christ I demand that you flee from me. You have no power over me. I am a child of Jesus Christ. I am a new creature. My past sins are washed by Christ's blood. In the power of Christ's name I pray these things.. Amen"

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Guys I'm so so sorry with the constant threads. Now I'm getting even more sick and scared. This was back several years ago that I taken this pill and I didn't pay much attention to religion. And I had no clue til now that it was a sin to take this pill
Look, dear, the only thing matters now, is "now", and what you do with the now, today, and the days after this, armed with the knowledge that you have today that you did not have yesterday, OK...? And because you did not have it yesterday, it is all forgiven OK, all of it, so stop stressing over and worrying about the past or yesterday, OK...? Today is the day of salvation and all that matters, OK...? The Bible says that, OK...

And please seek some professional help with things like your OCD, etc, OK...?

My prayers are with you dear.

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This was back several years ago that I taken this pill and I didn't pay much attention to religion. And I had no clue til now that it was a sin to take this pill

Well, sounds like you have repented and would not do it again.
That's what God ask of us.
Stop our sinning or something worse may happen to us.
I understand the having an abortion or taking the pill issue.
These may be on our hearts and souls for the rest of our lives.
But, there is full forgiveness in Jesus our Lord.
He understands our grief caused because of our past sins.
We will someday be clean -- that is where we lay our hopes and prayers.
Hope that you have a solid Church to attend.
There are ones there that have done the same.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Look, dear, the only thing matters now, is "now", and what you do with the now, today, and the days after this, armed with the knowledge that you have today that you did not have yesterday, OK...? And because you did not have it yesterday, it is all forgiven OK, all of it, so stop stressing over and worrying about the past or yesterday, OK...? Today is the day of salvation and all that matters, OK...? The Bible says that, OK...

And please seek some professional help with things like your OCD, etc, OK...?

My prayers are with you dear.

God Bless!
@Aquatic Waves, and the same applies for today or tomorrow as well, if you accidentally commit a sin, not knowing full well what you were doing, and then but only realize it later on, it is forgiven with just one simple "sorry" to God, it is always only, only what you do today with only, with only the knowledge you have now or for today only, that only ever really matters, OK...

Anyway,

Prayers are with you dear, OK...

And, again, please get some help please OK, this is not one of the absolute best places to do that all of the time, K...

Some could wind up only making things worse for you sometimes on here, OK...

You need a professional, K...

And I'm not trying to insult you either, it's just genuine concern, K...

God Bless You Dear!

And Much Love in Christ,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Dave L

Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul used to hunt down and kill Christians before God saved him. I'm sure he asked for forgiveness and trusted God to forgive him.

Upvote 0

ChicanaRose

Mar 26, 2019
west coast
✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And I had no clue til now that it was a sin to take this pill

God's forgiveness is a fact, no matter what your feelings are. He is faithful to His Word.

I hope you can take comfort in that.

Upvote 0

U.Kpaul

Dec 1, 2019
Yorkshire
✟15,354.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, I feel your struggling with what I also struggle with which is to believe in the mercy and forgiveness of God. I feel very condemned at times due being unable to overcome certain types of sin. I have been trying to listen to scripture as the bible says be
transformed by the renewing of your mind. The mind is spiritual and God works through faith in his word which is truth.

Romans 12:2 (KJV)

2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

The problem is regardless of whatever is going on with us God is who he is and whereas Satan works through lies God works through truth. If we choose to believe in a lie it opens the door for demonic torment which is why we need to be renewed in the spirit of our mind through the truth of God in scripture.

Romans 8:24 King James Version (KJV)

24 For we are saved by hope:

Psalm 147:11 King James Version (KJV)

11 The Lord taketh pleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy.

This link below is a good channel which I think you should check out as I'm trying to build myself up through listening to it also. Its a very good peaceful and faith building audio selection of scriptures dealing with many different topics like the one I have added below on the Forgiveness of God.

Like I said I struggle with similar things and fear ill end up in hell due to all my failings which is why I'm trying to force myself to listen and believe in the word of God.

Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jsimms615

Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
the church is full of imperfect people. Moses was responsible for murdering a man, David committed adultery and had Uriah murdered, yet God didn't give up on them and we know of both of them as biblical giants now. God is really good at taking people who you and I would give up on and using in great ways. I think that is because people like that won't depend on themselves. So, your in good company

• Agree
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I really don't know where else to go to. I only have 1 Christian friend but he's not getting back to me about talking of all of my worries. So I come to help on here as my 2nd choice

The first you should always go to is God Himself. He will take care of you as He is taking care of us all. Go to Him first as He is our everything:
The Great Physician: John 5:1-9
Isaiah 9:6
:yellowheart:

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟192,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

The morning after pill does not cause abortions and does not work if you are pregnant. It is no different than taking birth control pills as they work the same, exact way.

If you still feel that’s immoral or amoral, the best you can do is not do it in the future and pursue a an understanding to God’s forgiveness via your faith.

Either way, it’s highly unlikely a pill you took once years ago is making you ill, but of course check in with a doctor if you’re worried (and because it could be something else, like anxiety).

Upvote 0

Leet

Feb 24, 2015
✟77,484.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The morning after pill does not cause abortions and does not work if you are pregnant. It is no different than taking birth control pills as they work the same, exact way.
That's right. I wish people wouldn't spread misinformation about the morning after pill.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,223,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I suggested to you before that you do two things. One was see a doctor about your OCD. The other was to go to confession. I think your happiness is bound up in doing both of these things. When confessing those other things you should bring this up too, because it is complicated. The priest will help you sort it out. Mention that you didn't know it was even a sin to take the morning after pill. One of the things required to commit a serious sin is to know it's wrong. Sounds like you didn't know that. Talk to the priest about it in confession. You have already 'confessed' it here to all sorts of people. You are brave enough to go to confession, speak your sins, declare your contrition, and be forgiven. You have nothing to lose but your sins. And if you go to the doctor you have nothing to lose but your compulsions. You can find some happiness by seeing these two people, and you should.

God is good. God does not want revenge. Just for you to be forgiven, to be happy again, to be loved, to give up the fear and the guilt and the pain.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Heavenhome

Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dear one, if you have brought it to God, He has forgiven you. Cling to that when all those feelings overwhelm you.
Jesus longs for us to give Him all of our burdens and He will give you rest.

Everyone of us need to come to Him daily for this, so you are not alone.
He will never turn any of His children away who come to Him.
God bless you dear one.
I would like you to find a Scripture for yourself that you can memorise and be able to repeat it to yourself when your worrying thoughts come.
One that may be suitable is

"As far as from the east is from the west, so far hath He removed our transgressions from us" (Psalm 103:12)

or
"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest"
( Matthew 12:8)

God bless you.:)

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Perhaps you should take a look at God's word. If you have accepted Christ as Saviour, your sins are paid for, no matter how bad you think you are. If you have not accepted Christ as Saviour, then your sins remain and no amount of being sorry, worry or regret will deliver you. God forgets when He forgives. The blood of Jesus removes sin as if it never happened. These links will help you:

The Way - Christian Life Frankston
Are you under condemnation? - Christian Life Frankston

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi AW,

I don't think the problem you need to worry about is your past sins. Jesus died for those. He even died for your future sins. Jesus died for all the sins of God's children.

The real problem is in your ability to trust him. Fear and worry are not the signs that God's word says that we should find in His children. Like a small child, take Jesus' hand, and trust him. As God's word does say, walk with him. As your relationship, and the strength of that relationship grows, then you will find the assurance that God isn't waiting to smite any of His children for their sin. He certainly doesn't want us to go on sinning, and conviction and repentance for such things, is the duty of the Holy Spirit. But that conviction is not to cause us to question our relationship with our Father, but to instill in us a desire to do what pleases Him and to confess and repent of those things that don't.

My encouragement would be to stop obsessing over past sins and rather work on the loving God with all you heart, mind and strength. That is the first and most important law for God's children to obey. If we get that right, I believe, the rest will just fall naturally into place.

God bless you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
As you work on loving God, may He give you the assurance that you are His child.
That you are not to live in fear of your wrongdoings.
But in the love of Him for His grace and mercy and compassion towards you.
Jesus died for your sins, is the very foundation of God's message to you.

Believe it!!!

In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

thomas_t

Blessings Collector
Nov 9, 2019
Bamberg
✟33,904.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

That's right. I wish people wouldn't spread misinformation about the morning after pill.
Hi Leet,
it's undisputed that the morning after pill has the same effects as the birth control pill.
But the morning after pill might not be limited to these. There may be additional effects of the pill, as well. These are discussed in literature (click here):
It says:
"However, ulipristal acetate is structurally similar to mifepristone, and several lines of evidence suggest that a postfertilization mechanism of action is also operative. This mechanism of action is considered to be contragestive versus contraceptive.[...] it could quite possibly be used as an effective abortifacient. "
They are talking about a drug (ulipristal acetate) commonly used for morning after pills.

So, in case a human had to die ... God will deal with it.

Best regards,
Thomas

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟192,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi Leet,
it's undisputed that the morning after pill has the same effects as the birth control pill.
But the morning after pill might not be limited to these. There may be additional effects of the pill, as well. These are discussed in literature (click here):
It says:
"However, ulipristal acetate is structurally similar to mifepristone, and several lines of evidence suggest that a postfertilization mechanism of action is also operative. This mechanism of action is considered to be contragestive versus contraceptive.[...] it could quite possibly be used as an effective abortifacient. "
They are talking about a drug (ulipristal acetate) commonly used for morning after pills.

So, in case a human had to die ... God will deal with it.

Best regards,
Thomas

In the US, Ella is a medication available by prescription-only that is primarily used for fibroids but can used as emergency contraception in some situations. It is not the morning after pill, which is Plan-B.

Upvote 0