• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Mormons follow a different Christ

Discussion in 'Christianity and World Religion' started by Christian Apologist, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Christian Apologist

Christian Apologist Member Supporter

+92
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    US-Republican
  2. dlamberth

dlamberth Senior Contributor Supporter

+1,820
    Other Religion
    US-Others
    I'm not a Mormon. But I know that am blessed to follow a very different Christ than traditional Christians. The Christ I follow is Universal as well as Cosmic in reach. And I don't know how to not see Christ in the soul of all Human Beings as well as with in Creation itself.

3. Lilly54

Lilly54 Well-Known Member

+983
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Hi
    I am interested. How is your perception of Jesus Christ different from that of traditional Christians? I am of the Anglican church. Which church denomination do you belong to?

4. dlamberth

dlamberth Senior Contributor Supporter

+1,820
    Other Religion
    US-Others
    Sorry, I'm not a Christian. Mainly because on one had there's Christ, and sitting over there is the Christian religion. And from what I've experienced, rarely do they cross paths. I will say that I have been greatly influenced by the Christian Mystics whom know how to have God as their reality.

5. Lilly54

+983
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    In Relationship
    That's perfectly ok.
    If you would like to, message me privately and i will tell you my testimony. Only if you would like to.

6. Jane_the_Bane

Jane_the_Bane Gaia's godchild

+3,217
    Pagan
    Legal Union (Other)
    UK-Greens
    I always wonder how anybody could actually believe Joseph Smith. It takes a special kind of gullibility and ignorance to look at the "Book of Mormon" and the tales surrounding its supposed "discovery" (not to mention the biography of the founder) and NOT immediately realize that he was a con man.

7. Lilly54

+983
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    In Relationship

It depends on people's vulnerability. I have helped a person who spent years with the Mormon church after they originally answered the door to them. She was depressed at the time, they drew her in with kindness and attention. In time she realised the truth and left their church. Now she comes to my Anglican church where she is learning about the true meaning of Christ and the Bible. No pressure, just love and help.

8. miggles

miggles miggles

+614
    United States
    Methodist
    Single
    it's too bad because i love listening to the mormon tabernacle choir. it's inspirational. as if they are singing praises to the one and only Jesus Christ and God.

9. miggles

miggles miggles

+614
    United States
    Methodist
    Single
    i was invited to a mormon church once and they didn't have a Cross anywhere. i asked why and they said they didn't because it's like honoring the weapon that killed Christ. maybe it's really because it has nothing to do with joseph smith. horrible.