Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Mormons follow a different Christ then Christians...

The traditional Christ of whom they speak is not the Christ of whom I speak. For the Christ of whom I speak as been revealed in this the Dispensation of the Fullness of Times. He together with His Father, appeared to the boy Joseph Smith in the year 1820, and when Joseph left the grove that day, he knew more of the matters of God than all the learned ministers of the gospel of the ages." (Church News, June 20, 1998, p70) Gordon B Hinckley

We Look to Christ 2002 General Conference April

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The Gods are polygamists (taking wives and husbands.)

Actually women can have only one husband, and they honor him because he has the priesthood. A prophet is always male and he receives revelation for the church. I have no problem with male leadership --- I actually prefer it. But the female wives become anonymous heavenly mothers.

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have recently helped a woman to become Christian after she was with Mormons for a long time. To see her blossoming and happy now is the best feeling ever. They messed up her mind and finally had rejected her because she was not keeping their rules. Long story but she is now freed and i continue to always guide and help her to thrive. Suffice it to say, they are a weird lot!

Upvote 0

Christian Apologist

Site Supporter
Apr 21, 2019
Vancouver Washington
Visit site
✟155,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
LDS Apostle Bruce McConkie taught that Christians have "a mythical Christ" (Mormon Doctrine, p.269). That means we must decide which faith has the real Christ because somebody clearly has a mythical Christ. Do these faiths have the same Jesus? No, if you read the LDS Ensign. It says Christian Churches worship a different Jesus (May 1977, p.26).

• Agree
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

ChristopherHays

Sep 19, 2019
Los Angeles
✟13,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
What makes you think either Jesus is right? How would Joseph Smith know more about Jesus in the 1800s than the gospel writers who wrote as early as one generation later. I understand what Joseph Smith said... but what evidence did he back it up with? I unpacked a golden plate in a pack of baseball cards once. Not that impressive.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
LDS Apostle Bruce McConkie taught that Christians have "a mythical Christ" (Mormon Doctrine, p.269). That means we must decide which faith has the real Christ because somebody clearly has a mythical Christ. Do these faiths have the same Jesus? No, if you read the LDS Ensign. It says Christian Churches worship a different Jesus (May 1977, p.26).

Thank you for sharing.

It is true that many of the Christian churches worship a different Jesus Christ than is worshipped by the Mormons or The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For example, from the Church of England’s Articles of Religion, article one, I quote: “There is but one living God, everlasting, without body, parts, or passions.”

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints worships a God and a Jesus Christ with bodies, with parts, and with passions. We also believe that the trinity of the Godhead is made up of three separate personages—God, the Eternal Father; Jesus Christ, the Son of God—our Savior; and the Holy Ghost. These two concepts of the Trinity and their attributes are completely different.

The Jesus Christ of the holy scriptures has a body of flesh and bones and passions before and after his resurrection.

Elder Bernard P. Brockbank
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/ensign/1977/05/the-living-christ?lang=eng

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I have recently helped a woman to become Christian after she was with Mormons for a long time. To see her blossoming and happy now is the best feeling ever. They messed up her mind and finally had rejected her because she was not keeping their rules. Long story but she is now freed and i continue to always guide and help her to thrive. Suffice it to say, they are a weird lot!

Bless You!! I hope you have many more come over to the true Father, Son and Holy Spirit!

Reactions: Grace2022
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Christian Apologist

Site Supporter
Apr 21, 2019
Vancouver Washington
Visit site
✟155,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you for sharing.

It is true that many of the Christian churches worship a different Jesus Christ than is worshipped by the Mormons or The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For example, from the Church of England’s Articles of Religion, article one, I quote: “There is but one living God, everlasting, without body, parts, or passions.”

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints worships a God and a Jesus Christ with bodies, with parts, and with passions. We also believe that the trinity of the Godhead is made up of three separate personages—God, the Eternal Father; Jesus Christ, the Son of God—our Savior; and the Holy Ghost. These two concepts of the Trinity and their attributes are completely different.

The Jesus Christ of the holy scriptures has a body of flesh and bones and passions before and after his resurrection.

Elder Bernard P. Brockbank
The Living Christ

None of the 4th or 5th century Creeds teach [ “There is but one living God, everlasting, without body, parts, or passions.” ] except One God

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
None of the 4th or 5th century Creeds teach [ “There is but one living God, everlasting, without body, parts, or passions.” ] except One God

That is from the Church of England. But that isn't the point. If you read what the Mormons teach, you know they have false gods.

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,239,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Are there even any Mormons left on this forum? lol
Come to think of it, I haven't seen them lately myself.
But maybe it's because I don't frequent whatever sub-
forums they do, who knows.

-

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,342.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
What makes you think either Jesus is right? How would Joseph Smith know more about Jesus in the 1800s than the gospel writers who wrote as early as one generation later. I understand what Joseph Smith said... but what evidence did he back it up with? I unpacked a golden plate in a pack of baseball cards once. Not that impressive.

How much ancient history do you reject?

Upvote 0

ChristopherHays

Sep 19, 2019
Los Angeles
✟13,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
What is a lot and can you explain how a source a generation or two later automatically is invalidated?

I was actually trying to make the point that the gospels are more valid than Joseph Smith because they’re written so much closer to the time of Jesus. I think we’re on the same side with that lol... I don’t believe the gospels are accurate either, but they’re not as outlandish as the Mormon traditions.

Upvote 0