United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
(Old Testament | Jeremiah 7:25)

25 Since the day that your fathers came forth out of the land of Egypt unto this day I have even sent unto you all my servants the prophets, daily rising up early and sending them:

(Old Testament | Daniel 9:10)

10 Neither have we obeyed the voice of the LORD our God, to walk in his laws, which he set before us by his servants the prophets.

(Old Testament | Amos 3:7)

7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

(New Testament | Revelation 10:7)

7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

(New Testament | Revelation 11:2 - 12)

2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.
7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

And Joseph Smith fits these prophets that are coming in the future? He is one prophet--it lists 2 of them.

And the 3 OT prophesies and the Revelations 10:7are about prophets that have already come.

Seems you did not listen to them the first time--why do you suppose you will the second?

That is all you got?

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
And Joseph Smith fits these prophets that are coming in the future? He is one prophet--it lists 2 of them.

And the 3 OT prophesies and the Revelations 10:7are about prophets that have already come.

Seems you did not listen to them the first time--why do you suppose you will the second?

That is all you got?
It was enough to prove that Jesus was not the last prophet, besides the New Testament was written after the death of Jesus Christ by prophesy. Perhaps you don't believe Paul was a prophet. If not you will need to throw out much of the New Testament. However, there are still people who believe that there were no more prophets after Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It was enough to prove that Jesus was not the last prophet, besides the New Testament was written after the death of Jesus Christ by prophesy. Perhaps you don't believe Paul was a prophet. If not you will need to throw out much of the New Testament. However, there are still people who believe that there were no more prophets after Jesus Christ.

Did Paul refer to himself as a prophet? Did the writers of the Gospels refer to themselves as prophets? They were Apostles sent by Christ to finish His Word. That was the intent with the Hebrews verse--God talked through the propets with His Word in the OT and then Jesus Christ came and through Him the Word was finished,

Did Jesus say anywhere that a new prophet will arise to clear up an imaginary Apostacy on His Word? That His Word would be corrupted and we need another prophet to clear it all up?

Seem you are trying to make the case for Joseph Smith and it doesn't fit, especially when Joseph smith made all the claims he did to introduce his new Scripture. When I left I went to only Mormon sources and pitted them against the Bible and Mormonsism fell way short and proved to me that it was false.

You accept far too many doctrines because your Faith is really in Joseph Smith. and less on Christ and Trusting Him as to His Word.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Did Paul refer to himself as a prophet? Did the writers of the Gospels refer to themselves as prophets? They were Apostles sent by Christ to finish His Word. That was the intent with the Hebrews verse--God talked through the propets with His Word in the OT and then Jesus Christ came and through Him the Word was finished,

Did Jesus say anywhere that a new prophet will arise to clear up an imaginary Apostacy on His Word? That His Word would be corrupted and we need another prophet to clear it all up?

Seem you are trying to make the case for Joseph Smith and it doesn't fit, especially when Joseph smith made all the claims he did to introduce his new Scripture. When I left I went to only Mormon sources and pitted them against the Bible and Mormonsism fell way short and proved to me that it was false.

You accept far too many doctrines because your Faith is really in Joseph Smith. and less on Christ and Trusting Him as to His Word.
You said: "When I left I went to only Mormon sources and pitted them against the Bible and Mormonsism fell way short and proved to me that it was false."

So you bought in to the false accusations against The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints without actually checking the facts. I have found all of those accusations to be false except one. And that one does not prove that The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints is false.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You said: "When I left I went to only Mormon sources and pitted them against the Bible and Mormonsism fell way short and proved to me that it was false."

So you bought in to the false accusations against The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints without actually checking the facts. I have found all of those accusations to be false except one. And that one does not prove that The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints is false.

When I left I went to only Mormon sources and pitted them against the Bible and Mormonism fell way short and proved to me that it was false.

Do read what I said. And, to be more distinct, the Mormons sources were what Joseph Smith wrote [his doctrines] and Brigham Young wrote from Church-approved sources. And over the years I found Mormons like you who back up those doctrines and beliefs.

Sorry if my leaving this doesn't fit what you want it to be.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
When I left I went to only Mormon sources and pitted them against the Bible and Mormonism fell way short and proved to me that it was false.

Do read what I said. And, to be more distinct, the Mormons sources were what Joseph Smith wrote [his doctrines] and Brigham Young wrote from Church-approved sources. And over the years I found Mormons like you who back up those doctrines and beliefs.

Sorry if my leaving this doesn't fit what you want it to be.
I haven't seen any proof.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Of course you are not afraid, now---- to test all things. Your Church has you right where they want you.

But how about when the chips are really down in your life? Do you and your Mormon leaders pretend to give you comfort? Do you then call out to the True God or do you expect some sort of comfort from your Church?

And then, when something bad happens do you only HOPE you can endure?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Of course you are not afraid, now---- to test all things. Your Church has you right where they want you.

But how about when the chips are really down in your life? Do you and your Mormon leaders pretend to give you comfort? Do you then call out to the True God or do you expect some sort of comfort from your Church?

And then, when something bad happens do you only HOPE you can endure?
Have you read about Job? How about Jesus when He said:

(New Testament | Matthew 27:46)

46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

God does allow bad things to happen to people.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Have you read about Job? How about Jesus when He said:

(New Testament | Matthew 27:46)

46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

God does allow bad things to happen to people.

And that is true--God allows bad things to happen to people.

Job's Story in part, got me through the biggest trauma of my life. Job did not ever deny God----seems you will if things are bad enough to where you state you have mere hope to be able to endure.

But then why are you content in a Faith where you only hope to be able to endure all things? Job did not ever deny God----seems you will if things are bad enough to where you state you have only hope to be able to endure.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
And that is true--God allows bad things to happen to people.

Job's Story in part, got me through the biggest trauma of my life. Job did not ever deny God----seems you will if things are bad enough to where you state you have mere hope to be able to endure.

But then why are you content in a Faith where you only hope to be able to endure all things? Job did not ever deny God----seems you will if things are bad enough to where you state you have only hope to be able to endure.
Peter was sure he would die for Christ, but instead he denied him three times. After that Peter decided to return to fishing, but Jesus had other plans for him. Are you ready to die for Christ? If Jesus asked you to leave everything and follow Him, could you?

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Peter was sure he would die for Christ, but instead he denied him three times. After that Peter decided to return to fishing, but Jesus had other plans for him. Are you ready to die for Christ? If Jesus asked you to leave everything and follow Him, could you?
Yes I am ready to die for Christ-----but then not for a Religion.

As to leaving everything to follow you if He asked me to---of course, but then my Faith is only in Christ--not a Religion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Yes I am ready to die for Christ-----but then not for a Religion.

As to leaving everything to follow you if He asked me to---of course, but then my Faith is only in Christ--not a Religion.
People should listen to God's prophets:
(Old Testament | 2 Kings 7:18 - 20)

18 And it came to pass as the man of God had spoken to the king, saying, Two measures of barley for a shekel, and a measure of fine flour for a shekel, shall be to morrow about this time in the gate of Samaria:
19 And that lord answered the man of God, and said, Now, behold, if the LORD should make windows in heaven, might such a thing be? And he said, Behold, thou shalt see it with thine eyes, but shalt not eat thereof.
20 And so it fell out unto him: for the people trode upon him in the gate, and he died.

Pharaoh did not listen to Moses and it was to his detriment.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
People should listen to God's prophets:
(Old Testament | 2 Kings 7:18 - 20)

18 And it came to pass as the man of God had spoken to the king, saying, Two measures of barley for a shekel, and a measure of fine flour for a shekel, shall be to morrow about this time in the gate of Samaria:
19 And that lord answered the man of God, and said, Now, behold, if the LORD should make windows in heaven, might such a thing be? And he said, Behold, thou shalt see it with thine eyes, but shalt not eat thereof.
20 And so it fell out unto him: for the people trode upon him in the gate, and he died.

Pharaoh did not listen to Moses and it was to his detriment.

you are all over the place in you responses --kinda like you are short-circuiting and thowing things out there at random-- hoping something will stick.

First off you are about 500 years off, if you think 2 Kings is about Moses and Pharaoh. It is another proof that Mormons do not know their Bibles as they otherwise would claim.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
you are all over the place in you responses --kinda like you are short-circuiting and thowing things out there at random-- hoping something will stick.

First off you are about 500 years off, if you think 2 Kings is about Moses and Pharaoh. It is another proof that Mormons do not know their Bibles as they otherwise would claim.
What makes you think that I believe that the two scriptures I quoted were in the same time frame? They are about two different prophets one of which was Moses. However these scriptures were about adhering to the words of God's prophets. Are you going to address that or not?

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What makes you think that I believe that the two scriptures I quoted were in the same time frame? They are about two different prophets one of which was Moses. However these scriptures were about adhering to the words of God's prophets. Are you going to address that or not?

You are making thing up, here. Just posting nonsense at random.

By the way Pharaoh certainly did not believe in God---but yet a Mormon pretends He does. You are really in your assertion---- comparing yourself to Pharoah.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
You are making thing up, here. Just posting nonsense at random.

By the way Pharaoh certainly did not believe in God---but yet a Mormon pretends He does. You are really in your assertion---- comparing yourself to Pharoah.
Still nothing about listening to the words of the prophets:

(New Testament | Luke 16:29 - 31)

29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Upvote 0