Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
This is the state of mind that one must approach God about these things:
Moroni 10:4-5
4 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.

5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.

That is the Christian way to ask God if something is true. The bible is full of this same testimony of the HS being able to speak to your spirit and tell it the truth of things.

I do not know what your intent was, or your state of mind
when you read the D&C and others, but for you to say it was all non-Christian, then I would assume that you asked with the same vitriol mind that you address Mormons on this forum. And if that is the case, the HS will not be with you, you will be left in the dark to make your way by yourself.

If you want to know the truth about these things, you have to approach God humbly and sincerely, only then may you hear the HS speak to you, and only then can God open up to your mind, marvelous things that you cannot comprehend now in your state of mind. May God be with you as you search for the truth.

But I did, as at the time I was very interested and wanted to know if this was true---prayed long and hard, and I had not made up my mind before hand as I thought you were Christian and did not agree with this website stating you were not.----But you have proved them right and I do not believe that JS had the HS telling him these things.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Then which God are you going to eliminate, God the Father, God the Son, or God the HS?

I said this is the Jewish concept--not mine. There is only One God--there is God the Father. God the Son and God the Holy Spirit and I refuse to try and make sense of it for it is not possible.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Isaiah 43
10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

11 I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour.

Isaiah 44
8 Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

Upvote 0