• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured More YouTube Biased Censorship

Discussion in 'Current News & Events' started by AACJ, Jun 5, 2019.

1. dzheremi

dzheremi Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian

+7,890
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    Unless I've misunderstood our friend Ignatius, I believe the point was more along the lines of shouldn't both either be allowed to say such things or both be punished, rather than how it is now where only one is 'hate speech' or whatever, while the other is hilarious political satire to be enjoyed restriction-free? (Note: I know nothing of any of these people, since I don't have TV and don't watch political YouTube channels; I've heard the name Stephen Crowder before, but I assumed he was the internet version of a radio shock jock, and hence have avoided watching anything he has done, since I don't like that kind of thing.)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. KarateCowboy

KarateCowboy Islam is right about women

+1,593
    Western Sahara
    Catholic
    Private
    Or envy speech, which is a form of hate. Or lustful speech. Or proud speech. Or lazy speech. Or any other of the Seven Deadly sins. We should probably ban pride rainbows, since pride is the most evil of all of them.

We should also ban violent games and movies. Hate speech begets hate as much as violent speech begets violence. Sorry Avengers, Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman, you gotta go -- it's your fault we have school shootings.

One more thing: anyone with a conscience knows the opposite of love isn't hate, it's apathy. We should definitely treat insufficient caring speech ad AT LEAST as harmful as hate speech.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  3. Brightmoon

Brightmoon Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.

+3,098
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Single
    US-Others
    If racists , sexists and homophobes wouldn’t verbally and emotionally abuse people under the guise of religion (or not.), this wouldn't be necessary . They also egg on stupid weak people to commit these abuses. I’m in favor of banning them because they just won’t live and let live

4. KarateCowboy

+1,593
    Western Sahara
    Catholic
    Private
    You're straining out a gnat and swallowing a camel there. It wouldn't be a problem if we didn't permit violent speech like in movies and video games. Hate, wrath, envy all you want. Without the violence all problems become more manageable. We should ban movies, games, and books that depict violence because violent expression begets viilence. I'm sure we can agree on that.

5. Curtis.Hilliker

Curtis.Hilliker Moderated Since 2019

+298
    United States
    Charismatic
    Engaged
    US-Others
    ... The “right wingers” I know oppose things like abortion and sexual immorality, are they driving us away from it’s true roots?

6. FenderTL5

FenderTL5 Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,733
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    I was unaware that a cardinal sin was dependant on the others to be valid.

7. KarateCowboy

+1,593
    Western Sahara
    Catholic
    Private
    So...... Do you really think that's what I mean

8. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+10,864
    Christian
    Private
    The american people deserve more than political Kool Aid.

9. Sparagmos

Sparagmos Well-Known Member

+2,411
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    E
    Either we have free speech and freedom of the press, or we have state controlled media. There is no way to force media to be unbiased.

10. AACJ

AACJ Please Pray

+1,144
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    What are you responding to? Not the OP, certainly.

11. AACJ

AACJ Please Pray

+1,144
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    And you really suppose that the people at YouTube actually responsible for filtering content are concerned about Christians or the Christian worldview being misrepresented? Youtube is in fact currently demonetizing right-leaning content that should not be demonitized.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  12. AACJ

AACJ Please Pray

+1,144
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Division between the truth and a lie is inherent in the Gospel message.

13. AACJ

AACJ Please Pray

+1,144
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    The social media giants' foolishness in their ongoing biased censorship is stirring up interest in changing Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act of 1996. They are too blind to understand that the public will only tolerate so much of their Left-leaning activism and abuse of power. Consider that you might be indirectly supporting such possible change by supporting Youtube's current censorship practices.

14. AACJ

AACJ Please Pray

+1,144
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    The social media giants' foolishness in their ongoing biased censorship is stirring up interest in changing Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act of 1996. Accusations of Big Company favoritism is on the table as well.

15. HatGuy

HatGuy Some guy in a hat

+480
    South Africa
    Christian
    Married
    I do think the public can do a better job of keeping the media honest, though. We should not support biased journalism. This requires significant cultural change but the Fourth Estate should serve without fear or favour.

16. FenderTL5

FenderTL5 Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,733
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    Yes, but American politics, conservative or otherwise, is not the Gospel. Ridiculing someone for their race/heritage is not part of the gospel. Encouraging harassment is not the gospel. I would say that mocking someone for their sin, whatever it is, is not part of the gospel. One's ability to make money from those pursuits has nothing to do with the Gospel of Jesus Christ either (source).

17. High Fidelity

High Fidelity Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,643
    United Kingdom
    Baptist
    Private
    Yes the OP.

The fact people are trying to spin the reality to the narrative that fits their persecution complex doesn't change the facts.

18. Jermayn

Jermayn New Member

+12
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Married
    No one is saying not to be the salt and light of the earth. Regardless of the level of moral decay our societies are in, we should remain diligent in our relationship with God and in following his word. Be careful about accusing others of being nihilists because of their views on the end times. My faith and ambition in Christ is not reliant upon the current or future state of the world. I'll not get into the rapture debate but regardless of you view on this, do you think the world will be in a state of this great awakening and then, POOF, everyone's following the Anti-Christ? No, the world must decline to that point over time. Using the great awakening during John Wesley's time is a perfect example actually. He lived in the 1700's. Compare that to today. Britain was somewhere in the lower 90% Christian already. The rest of Europe was probably somewhere around that. We had entire Christian continents and empires. Can you say that about today? A previous sitting U.S. President stated in front of the world that we are no longer a Christian nation. Members of our own congress have argued that Christians should not be able to hold public office because they say Muslims will go to Hell unless they accept Jesus as the Christ. Also, if you think Donald Trumps election is some sort of great awakening, it is, but to nationalism, not to Jesus. Being a conservative doesn't make you a Christian. Even if it did, Trump lost the popular vote, so America would STILL be less than have Christian. Again, I'm not promoting nihilism. It's a great time to go out and lay up treasure in Heaven by preaching and teaching the good news to a world in decline, but I'm not going to deny the world declining, and fast at that.

19. JacksBratt

JacksBratt Searching for Truth

+3,707
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    What is "hate speech" exactly?

20. Brightmoon

Brightmoon Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.

+3,098
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Single
    US-Others
    not sure what you meant . The preacher I talked about proposed killing and abusing gays . I’ll repeat. He deserved to be made persona non grata