• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured More YouTube Biased Censorship

Discussion in 'Current News & Events' started by AACJ, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Brightmoon

Brightmoon Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.

+3,076
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Single
    US-Others
    As long as they don’t do it in the middle of the street in broad daylight it IS none of my business . I don’t feel consenting adults need me to approve of what they do in their bedrooms . Why do you feel you have to insert yourself in other people’s sex lives ?

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. DamianWarS

DamianWarS Follower of Isa Al Masih Supporter

+1,730
    Christian
    Private
    I don't think this warrants intercessory prayer, some people on YouTube simply should not be there. Unless we can see which videos are banned its hard to know how responsible these types of changes are.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  3. dms1972

dms1972 Well-Known Member Supporter

+584
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I didn't know who this Steven Crowder guy was, except for one video I had seen, I am not much of a follower of Youtube commentators. There's an issue when someone has a million subscribers, if he/she sets a poor example that others may follow. When Joseph Nicolosi the reparative therapist died a couple of years ago some people seemed to forget themselves entirely and announced his death with a kind of glee.

I find the quality and tone of discussions to be getting lower which is sad. Christians should seek to raise it without giving up their beliefs and convictions.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  4. AACJ

AACJ Please Pray

+1,143
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Discrimination is only one issue addressed by the OP. The other issues are:

1) Google and youtube's major influence in informing public opinion.
    2) Christians duty and ability to minimize or negate such negative influence through prayer and other means.

How many believers on this site have put any prayer time in last month in praying what is suggested in the OP?

5. Sparagmos

Sparagmos Well-Known Member

+2,386
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Wait - so you are saying there is something inherently Christian about “alleging that a group is superior in order to justify discrimination, segregation, or exclusion based on qualities like age, gender, race, caste, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status?” Is this seriously the hill you all want to die on? The right to be hateful?

I don’t think I want to be associated with Christians anymore.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  6. Sparagmos

+2,386
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Two things don’t need to be exactly alike to be in the same category.

I do not find CF’s rules clear and your example of not promoting [hatred against] LBGT is ironic to say the least.

Anyone who has a problem with YouTube censorship should have a problem with CF censorship. If you don’t like the rules on YouTube, create your own video sharing site. I’m sure the white supremecists and gay-bashers will flock to it.

7. Sparagmos

+2,386
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Of course they have the right to be politically biased.

8. AACJ

AACJ Please Pray

+1,143
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    The YouTube blog that the OP links to uses the word "group" and 'ideology" interchangeably. That is probably intentional because the framers of that blog want to avoid presenting the reality that competing worldviews and belief systems make truth claims that necessities exclusivity and that superiority of ideology is a reality. They want to present conservative beliefs and practices as direct attacks on the persons rather than what they often are--attacks on beliefs and practices.

In fact, I ran across a youtube statement that indeed presents any attack on the beliefs and practices of the LGBT community as an attack on persons making up such. Can't remember where I read it though.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  9. Brightmoon

+3,076
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Single
    US-Others
    . Hateful conservative and/or fundie rhetoric has lead to physical attacks and murders of gays, women,minorities of all races, atheists and scientists. Liberals want to stop this

10. AACJ

AACJ Please Pray

+1,143
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Your implied means and methods that you suppose will stop such would create greater evils than the evils you have mentioned. But of course much of the Left is all about giving little to no thought of the much greater evils their proposed laws and policies would create.

11. dzheremi

dzheremi Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian

+7,856
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    Just stay in the closet/ghetto, eh?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Brightmoon

+3,076
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Single
    US-Others
    And
    and what greater evils are those ? That gays ,women ,minorities ,atheists can live their lives in peace and that scientists can do their real research on how the universe works without being lied about continually ? Well bring on those “evils”, I say

13. AACJ

AACJ Please Pray

+1,143
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    They need to be very similar for the sake of sensible and useful comparisons.

The major difference in the influence that the two entities wield make your comparison useless. Their effect on society necessities different responses and concerns.

14. Sparagmos

+2,386
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Like Christians that present attacks on their beliefs and practices as attacks on Christians themselves? Like the rule here that Christianity cannot be attacked?

White supremacy is a belief. Naziism is a belief. Radical, extremist Islam is a belief. This site segregates and censors people based on their beliefs.

15. AACJ

AACJ Please Pray

+1,143
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    You're still making a next to useless comparison between CF and Youtube in terms of addressing the major points of the OP. CF is not overtly claiming a neutral position between belief systems. CF is not majorly controlling the distribution of information content and directly informing public opinion on a massive scale. CF is not overtly censoring Christian content.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  16. Sparagmos

+2,386
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
  17. Sparagmos

+2,386
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    No, both CF and YouTube are private entities with the freedom to censor material posted there.

The public would rather watch YouTube. Conservatives are free to start a Christian version of YouTube. They have plenty of money.

18. AACJ

AACJ Please Pray

+1,143
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
  19. Sparagmos

+2,386
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Hmm, you’re not really responding to my post. Do you think that attacks on Christian beliefs hurt Christians? Do you think that Jewish people shouldn’t fear nazis because naziism is a belief?

20. Sparagmos

+2,386
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I posted a link for @Brightmoon, if they think it needed more explanation they can let me know.