Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have another thread I’ll link to after this post. This sale season has been darn lucky for finding this stuff.
D014371E-14AF-42CA-AC78-AB50EFA789B4.jpeg
899C2D0A-62B1-4085-A169-4869F395A214.jpeg
14AD4185-8AB6-4BE3-A117-0602124B6D47.jpeg

Reactions: BrAndreyu

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's awesome, but is it safe to serve or prepare food in?
There is not enough in it to do any real harm. Although I still would not eat out of them. They are mainly collected for display.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can see why, they look awesome. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a vase or something that's made from that stuff.
People usually display them in cabinets with black lights. It’s very impressive when done right.

Upvote 0

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
People usually display them in cabinets with black lights. It’s very impressive when done right.

I can imagine! I miss my blacklight, but I guess I'm too old now to have that sort of stuff in my room anymore (and where would I even put it anyway? I have a hard enough time finding a spot for all my books.)

• Haha
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can imagine! I miss my blacklight, but I guess I'm too old now to have that sort of stuff in my room anymore (and where would I even put it anyway? I have a hard enough time finding a spot for all my books.)
Well people often look for antique cabinets and incorporate black lights into them where they do not show just flip a switch and the glass glows.

Upvote 0

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well people often look for antique cabinets and incorporate black lights into them where they do not show just flip a switch and the glass glows.

That sounds pretty cool. I always liked stuff that was glow in the dark or otherwise reactive under a black light. I have a glow in the dark 7" record but I don't have a black light anymore to put it under and see it glow.

I also used to have blacklight posters that were sort of made with felt, if that makes any sense. I had one with a dragon and one of the Sublime sun from 40oz to Freedom

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That sounds pretty cool. I always liked stuff that was glow in the dark or otherwise reactive under a black light. I have a glow in the dark 7" record but I don't have a black light anymore to put it under and see it glow.

I also used to have blacklight posters that were sort of made with felt, if that makes any sense. I had one with a dragon and one of the Sublime sun from 40oz to Freedom
Sounds groovy man! ;) :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sounds groovy man!

I was big into the marijuana scene as a teenager and young adult. I had a lava lamp too, purchased from Spencer gifts... just like the black light and reactive posters were.

Somewhere along the way, I got over thinking that smoking weed made you cool. I think it was when it became essentially legal here in Florida and all you had to do was go to a pot doctor, and get your medical marijuana card. The novelty of being able to go to a store and purchase marijuana was cool for a little while, but when it lost that "rebellious" feeling I gave it up. I haven't used Marijuana in over a year now and to be quite honest? I don't think I'm going to bother getting my card renewed so I can do it again-- I have more energy, less paranoia, and feel better without it.

So any black light reactive stuff I get now, is strictly because I still have a soft spot for glow-in-the-dark things. I wouldn't mind finding some of this glass to display.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you do not mind reproduction, I think you can buy a radioactive Virgin Mary that glows. I only collect the vintage for mostly resale. But if I find something I think might fit, I’ll let you know.
I was big into the marijuana scene as a teenager and young adult. I had a lava lamp too, purchased from Spencer gifts... just like the black light and reactive posters were.

Somewhere along the way, I got over thinking that smoking weed made you cool. I think it was when it became essentially legal here in Florida and all you had to do was go to a pot doctor, and get your medical marijuana card. The novelty of being able to go to a store and purchase marijuana was cool for a little while, but when it lost that "rebellious" feeling I gave it up. I haven't used Marijuana in over a year now and to be quite honest? I don't think I'm going to bother getting my card renewed so I can do it again-- I have more energy, less paranoia, and feel better without it.

So any black light reactive stuff I get now, is strictly because I still have a soft spot for glow-in-the-dark things. I wouldn't mind finding some of this glass to display.

Upvote 0

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think you can buy a radioactive Virgin Mary that glows.

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of those at all, I think we used to have a plastic glow-in-the-dark BVM and I used to have her set up under my black light when I was a teen. I know that we currently have a BVM nightlight that we sometimes use in the main room.

There are old uranium glass rosaries out there

Now that would be something that I'd be into. I've never used any other type of rosary than a wooden one though. I know they make them in sterling silver, gold, and glass but I've never had one that wasn't made of wood.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of those at all, I think we used to have a plastic glow-in-the-dark BVM and I used to have her set up under my black light when I was a teen. I know that we currently have a BVM nightlight that we sometimes use in the main room.

Now that would be something that I'd be into. I've never used any other type of rosary than a wooden one though. I know they make them in sterling silver, gold, and glass but I've never had one that wasn't made of wood.
Hey! I’ll look! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeah that's gorgeous, I'd love to have something like that and I've never prayed with a glass rosary before. Maybe that will be one of the next things I get when I go to a parish gift shop: a new rosary & I'll give the one I currently have to someone.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah that's gorgeous, I'd love to have something like that and I've never prayed with a glass rosary before. Maybe that will be one of the next things I get when I go to a parish gift shop: a new rosary & I'll give the one I currently have to someone.
Glass rosaries are cool. I love them. Especially a well prayed over glass rosary. It does age and wear but it has a history. I love that.

Upvote 0

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Especially a well prayed over glass rosary. It does age and wear but it has a history. I love that.

My wood one is showing signs of wear because I rub the beads between my fingers when I pray due to the fact that I'm usually praying the rosary for comfort and to stop the "noise". I'm hoping to one day have the apostle's creed memorized the way that I have everything else memorized, but it's so similar to the nicene creed that I have trouble with it still and when trying to do it from memory, usually end up saying the Nicene creed instead.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My wood one is showing signs of wear because I rub the beads between my fingers when I pray due to the fact that I'm usually praying the rosary for comfort and to stop the "noise". I'm hoping to one day have the apostle's creed memorized the way that I have everything else memorized, but it's so similar to the nicene creed that I have trouble with it still and when trying to do it from memory, usually end up saying the Nicene creed instead.
God knows your heart and see’s your intentions. :)

Upvote 0