More proof the bible is correct and modern science is a lie.

Do you believe the bible over science?

• Yes Always

• Yes Sometimes

• No Never

• No the bible is not literial.

Results are only viewable after voting.

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I think half the time these days it seems to be more informed by sci-fi/fantasy then even the weird misunderstandings of archaeology and astronomy.

Think of a mix of Species, the Omen and Star Gate and you won't be far off what is commonly believed by this crowd.

Well put.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
First of all, up until the Tower of Babel, they had to speak some language.

What language was that?

What's the best candidate?

In Revelation we see ...

Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

What are these books that are mentioned?

I believe they are the 66 books of the KJB.

Thus we have all peoples, nations, languages and tongues, standing before the Judgement Seat, being read to from the KJB.

Thus if they speak Jacobean English in Heaven, I assume they spoke it on earth at first.

Just a speculation.

Why the KJB? Why not the Latin Vulgate, or something similar?

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I think half the time these days it seems to be more informed by sci-fi/fantasy then even the weird misunderstandings of archaeology and astronomy.

Think of a mix of Species, the Omen and Star Gate and you won't be far off what is commonly believed by this crowd.

9190172.jpg

Upvote 0

Astrophile

Aug 30, 2013
England
✟233,773.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Widowed
Not quite. Nemesis is an (admittedly out there no pun intended) hypothesis that earth's periodic extinctions are caused by a brown dwarf star passing near the earth.

Again, not quite. 'Nemesis' is supposed to be a companion star to the Sun with an orbital period of about 26 or 27 million years that causes mass extinctions by perturbing the Oort cloud of comets and directing a lot of comets into the inner solar system where they collide with the Earth and the other planets. Nemesis itself never comes anywhere near to any of the planets; with an orbital period of 26-7 million years, its average distance from the Sun is about 90,000-95,000 astronomical units, or about 1.4-1.5 light-years. The hypothesis was proposed in 1984, but searches for Nemesis have not found any evidence for it, and the idea appears to have been abandoned.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Again, not quite. 'Nemesis' is supposed to be a companion star to the Sun with an orbital period of about 26 or 27 million years that causes mass extinctions by perturbing the Oort cloud of comets and directing a lot of comets into the inner solar system where they collide with the Earth and the other planets. Nemesis itself never comes anywhere near to any of the planets; with an orbital period of 26-7 million years, its average distance from the Sun is about 90,000-95,000 astronomical units, or about 1.4-1.5 light-years. The hypothesis was proposed in 1984, but searches for Nemesis have not found any evidence for it, and the idea appears to have been abandoned.

Ah yes. The extinctions weren't caused by the proximity of Nemesis to earth, but it disturbing comets in the Oort Cloud causing them to impact the earth.
Nemesis, Proposed Companion Star to the Sun and Mass Extinctions on Earth

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by AV1611VET
First of all, up until the Tower of Babel, they had to speak some language.

What language was that?

What's the best candidate?

In Revelation we see ...

Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

What are these books that are mentioned?

I believe they are the 66 books of the KJB.

Thus we have all peoples, nations, languages and tongues, standing before the Judgement Seat, being read to from the KJB.

Thus if they speak Jacobean English in Heaven, I assume they spoke it on earth at first.

Just a speculation.
Why the KJB? Why not the Latin Vulgate, or something similar?
Cuz God is a KJV onlyist ;)

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
He who laughs last laughs best.
Cute story to those that enjoy mocking.
Can wait to see the end of the story.

Alas, you will have to wait -- and the end may never come.

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

When the astronauts were on the moon, what was that funny spherical shaped thing they took a picture of?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by JacobLaw
When the astronauts were on the moon, what was that funny spherical shaped thing they took a picture of?
I give up........

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by lesliedellow
What is funny about it? ehehe
Originally Posted by LittleLambofJesus
Can you put up a picture or a link to the pic you are talking about?
How does one know if it isn't a photoshop pic instead of being real?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Something that has always bothered me about the passive-aggressive revenge fantasy:

There's entirely too much glee at the suffering of others involved in the whole thing -- worse, because I'm supposed to believe that these same people, only minutes before, were so ostensibly wanting to "save" me from this allegedly grisly eternal fate.

So make up your mind, folks: Do you want to save me from this fate, or enjoy watching me suffer it?

Upvote 0

JacobLaw

Mar 1, 2014
Peoa, Utah
✟16,629.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Something that has always bothered me about the passive-aggressive revenge fantasy:

There's entirely too much glee at the suffering of others involved in the whole thing -- worse, because I'm supposed to believe that these same people, only minutes before, were so ostensibly wanting to "save" me from this allegedly grisly eternal fate.

So make up your mind, folks: Do you want to save me from this fate, or enjoy watching me suffer it?

That interesting; I not tracking with you on that one in relationship of what I said, but I was just talking with friend about those that remain in an ignorant bliss of unbelief and end up not saved and their fate of suffer or if it they will just be dead and know nothing?
Either way the end of things in relationship to ours and other existence on earth now coloration measure differently for some than for others.
Heck I don't want to see anyone suffer I would rather see life and life more abundant. BTW I was commenting on the story I think AV1611 was making up.

Upvote 0