More proof the bible is correct and modern science is a lie.

Do you believe the bible over science?

• Yes Always

• Yes Sometimes

• No Never

• No the bible is not literial.

Results are only viewable after voting.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Does someone believe that the Bible indicates Earth in center of solar system or flat earth?
Yes -- antibiblicists argue that the Bible teaches those things, when in fact It does not.

Upvote 0

mafwons

Hi guys
Feb 16, 2014
✟11,177.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You would be amazed what some people believe the bible to indicate.

For example that donkeys can talk.

You should read it one of these days.

I have read the Bible and it does indicate that a donkey did talk, I have no issues with that I am referring to the topic of this thread.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I wonder how many of that 20% have been listening to scientists?

Let's say that my dad was an antibiblical scientist.

And let's say that I, as a small boy, get saved and believe the Bible with all my heart.

As I grow up, I'm going to hear from my dad that the Bible teaches geocentrism, when in fact It doesn't, but my dad doesn't care.

My respect for my dad as a scientist will ingrain in me that the Bible teaches geocentrism; but my faith in the Bible as inerrant will create a cognitive dissonance in me over time.

Later, when I learn that the Bible talks geocentrism, but doesn't teach geocentrism, the cognitive dissonance will evaporate.

If I go back to my dad and attempt to explain it to him, and he brushes me off, I will eventually assume his antibiblicism is stemming from his love for science.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Surprisingly, the pendulum changed angles by a significant 13.5 degrees! This suggests something in space was affecting the pendulum, not the motion of the earth.

Both. If the timing was linked to the observed eclipse then uneven heating of the earth could cause a plate to move just from expansion of the crust.

A cement road will buckle due to heat expansion in 500 or 1000 feet. Now multiply that up to 12,000 miles. I would expect some movement. If the movement is perpendicular to the swinging pendulum then the swing will alter.

It would be like grabbing the pendulum string and moving it sideways. While this crustal movement should be measurable on earthquake charts, it may be so slow that it wouldn't measure. I dunno. I imagine if the earth crust shifted 6 inches one direction and then back 15 minutes later it would be hard to document.

cover.gif

I can see that such a shift may show on one pendulum and not another depending on the orientation to the crust movement. On one pendulum, it may just increase or decrease the swing. And I don't think they measure the amplitude of the swings.

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Where does it teach that everyone once spoke English?

English people didn't always speak English. The language spoken in England, a thousand or more years ago was an inflected language, like Greek or Latin.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
English people didn't always speak English. The language spoken in England, a thousand or more years ago was an inflected language, like Greek or Latin.

You're not the person who has claimed the Bible teaches that everyone once spoke English, which is why the question wasn't directed to you.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry, I thought I read in a different thread you believe everyone spoke English at one point.
You read correctly.

Up until the Tower of Babel, I believe everyone spoke Jacobean English.

At the Tower of Babel, God did away with English and replaced it with -- I don't know -- about seven different languages.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,575.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I have read the Bible and it does indicate that a donkey did talk, I have no issues with that I am referring to the topic of this thread.

I have less problems with imagining geocentrism than talking donkeys.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You read correctly.

At the Tower of Babel, God did away with English and replaced it with -- I don't know -- about seven different languages.

So why do you believe this if the Bible doesn't teach it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,575.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
You read correctly.

So sad that no evidence of this universal language has survived, right? No stone tablets from many places on earth all written in the same script.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What's with putting an ess on the end of "donkey"?

That's like saying, "I don't believe that all those abiogeneses occurred."

Upvote 0

mafwons

Hi guys
Feb 16, 2014
✟11,177.00
Faith
Non-Denom

I have no problem with anything the Bible says it true. I may not be able to imagine a talking donkey or the parting of a sea but if God says they happened then they did. I can't cherry pick what I like because it doesn't fit with what I precieve to be reality, because in reality I cannot know the ways of God, because his ways are not the ways of man.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have no problem with anything the Bible says it true. I may not be able to imagine a talking donkey or the parting of a sea but if God says they happened then they did. I can't cherry pick what I like because it doesn't fit with what I precieve to be reality, because in reality I cannot know the ways of God, because his ways are not the ways of man.

If God's ways are not the ways of man, then he shouldn't have let man write the bible.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So why do you believe this if the Bible doesn't teach it?
First of all, up until the Tower of Babel, they had to speak some language.

What language was that?

What's the best candidate?

In Revelation we see ...

Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

What are these books that are mentioned?

I believe they are the 66 books of the KJB.

Thus we have all peoples, nations, languages and tongues, standing before the Judgement Seat, being read to from the KJB.

Thus if they speak Jacobean English in Heaven, I assume they spoke it on earth at first.

Just a speculation.

Upvote 0