More hubris justly rewarded: Herman Cain hospitalized 11 days after Trump rally (and his tweet)

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,513.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Previously,

It's not in the OP.
Sure it is. He's encouraging them to not wear masks by saying "masks are not required" and then in all caps "PEOPLE ARE FED UP!"

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Yes, the link is verbatim what he said, and not at all what people in this thread are saying he said.
""Masks will not be mandatory for the event, which will be attended by President Trump, “PEOPLE ARE FED UP!”
Pray tell, what is the secret message that only you have been able to discern from that quote?

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,513.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Sure it is. He's encouraging them to not wear masks by saying "masks are not required" and then in all caps "PEOPLE ARE FED UP!"
It's simple logic:

If - announces something is not mandatory
Then - is encouraging it not to be done

That's a logic fail. You're just trying to apply a weird interpretation to disparage an innocent, elderly man and hate him by showing you're happy he got a potentially deadly disease.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,513.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
""Masks will not be mandatory for the event, which will be attended by President Trump, “PEOPLE ARE FED UP!”
Pray tell, what is the secret message that only you have been able to discern from that quote?
There is no secret message. People who hate Cain are inventing a secret message. What's there to hate about a harmless old gentlemen like Cain? I don't know, maybe it's racism.

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
There is no secret message. People who hate Cain are inventing a secret message. What's there to hate about a harmless old gentlemen like Cain? I don't know, maybe it's racism.
You're being evasive and changing the subject. What did he mean?

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It's simple logic:

If - announces something is not mandatory
Then - is encouraging it not to be done

That's a logic fail. You're just trying to apply a weird interpretation to disparage an innocent, elderly man and hate him by showing you're happy he got a potentially deadly disease.
You're ignoring the 'PEOPLE ARE FED UP!" part which makes it clear he is encouraging it not to be done.

If you're going to try to sell your interpretation of the cherry-picked part of his tweet (which itself is tenuous at best because he's singling out mask-wearing as the topic of the tweet) then good luck, because I don't see anyone buying it.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,513.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
You're being evasive and changing the subject. What did he mean?
What do you mean what did he mean? He announced that masks were not mandatory. Any more reading into that is due to an evil imagination, IMO.

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
What do you mean what did he mean? He announced that masks were not mandatory. Any more reading into that is due to an evil imagination, IMO.
the fed up part was immaterial then? He was saying people had more than enough for dinner?

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,513.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
You're ignoring the 'PEOPLE ARE FED UP!" part which makes it clear he is encouraging it not to be done.

If you're going to try to sell your interpretation of the cherry-picked part of his tweet (which itself is tenuous at best because he's singling out mask-wearing as the topic of the tweet) then good luck, because I don't see anyone buying it.
Alright, answer me this then: what would be his motivation? Why would he give a flip whether anyone chooses to wear a mask or not?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Alright, answer me this then: what would be his motivation? Why would he give a flip whether anyone chooses to wear a mask or not?
Because the Donald has made mask wearing a political statement.
Mr Cain was celebrating the political statement of the non-mask wearing.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Because refusing to wear a mask is the cause celebre of the conservatives so he's trying to rile up the base and give them another incentive to attend (and they did attend without masks). Well, not so much their cause celebre now that they're panicking and backpedaling on mask-wearing, but it was at the time he tweeted out that message.

I honestly think you know that just as you know what he meant in that tweet.

• Agree
Reactions: camille70
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,513.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Because the Donald has made mask wearing a political statement.
Mr Cain was celebrating the political statement of the non-mask wearing.
I'm unaware of that. How has President Trump made mask wearing a political statement, and what is the statement?

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,513.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Because refusing to wear a mask is the cause celebre of the conservatives so he's trying to rile up the base and give them another incentive to attend (and they did attend without masks). Well, not so much their cause celebre now that they're panicking and backpedaling on mask-wearing, but it was at the time he tweeted out that message.

I honestly think you know that just as you know what he meant in that tweet.
I have not heard a single conservative oppose anyone wearing a mask if they choose to do so. So you didn't answer my question: why would he encourage anyone not to?

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟605,555.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
  • Winner
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I'm unaware of that. How has President Trump made mask wearing a political statement, and what is the statement?
In an interview with the Wall Street Journal in June, the president “allowed for the possibility that some Americans wore facial coverings not as a preventative measure but as a way to signal disapproval of him.”
The president made wearing, or not wearing, a mask a political statement/issue on approval of him. He has also re-tweeted tweets mocking people for wearing masks, including the presumed democratic nominee.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,513.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,513.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
In an interview with the Wall Street Journal in June, the president “allowed for the possibility that some Americans wore facial coverings not as a preventative measure but as a way to signal disapproval of him.”
The president made wearing, or not wearing, a mask a political statement/issue on approval of him. He has also re-tweeted tweets mocking people for wearing masks, including the presumed democratic nominee.
I can't read that story, but I don't see how that answers why Cain cares whether people wear masks. If you attend a Trump rally with a mask on because you disapprove of Trump, why are you attending a Trump rally? Doesn't make sense.

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I can't read that story, but I don't see how that answers why Cain cares whether people wear masks. If you attend a Trump rally with a mask on because you disapprove of Trump, why are you attending a Trump rally? Doesn't make sense.
It doesn't make sense because you have it bass ackwards.
People attending Trump rallies, not wearing masks, are showing their support for Trump in doing so. That's exactly what Cain, a staunch Trump supporter, was referencing when he said, "Masks will not be mandatory for the event, which will be attended by President Trump, “PEOPLE ARE FED UP!”
The event was a celebration of the non-mask wearing Trump support. After all, it was a Trump rally.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I can't read that story, but I don't see how that answers why Cain cares whether people wear masks.
You can't understand why a Trump campaign surrogate would want to push Trump's anti-mask policy? Really? I don't believe that.

If you attend a Trump rally with a mask on because you disapprove of Trump, why are you attending a Trump rally? Doesn't make sense.
People still wear a mask for safety reasons, not because they disapprove of Trump. Trump misinterprets it that they disapprove of him so most of them accommodate Trump's fragile ego by not wearing one and this is what Cain was trying to get people to do.

Everyone else understands all this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0