More hubris justly rewarded: Herman Cain hospitalized 11 days after Trump rally (and his tweet)

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You people give Christianity a bad name.

Usually when God punishes with a plague, there's too much collateral damage for my liking.

Occasionally though, He does manage to hit the target.

Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I’m kind of divided. On one hand, I don’t want the man to get hurt or die. At the same time, it’s hard to muster sympathy for someone who put themselves at risk needlessly and suffered the consequences. Mess with fire long enough, you’ll get burned.

Then again, this is the same Herman Cain who claimed that the pyramids were grain silos built by Joseph... Should he be called to meet his maker, if nothing else, he'll get the correction he needs.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Then again, this is the same Herman Cain who claimed that the pyramids were grain silos built by Joseph... Should he be called to meet his maker, if nothing else, he'll get the correction he needs.
No, it wasn't Cain that said that. It was Ben Carson when he was running for Pres. he is now the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development.

Ironic

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
No, it wasn't Cain that said that. It was Ben Carson when he was running for Pres. he is now the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development.

Ironic

Right, my bad.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is actually pretty disturbing. I didn't really care about Cain's run for Prez a few years back but the man shouldn't have to suffer the kind of pain he's probably in right now. I mean, when you end up in the hospital it's pretty bad.

I hope he avoids going on a ventilator. I recall hearing some dire statistic indicating how rare it is to come OFF the ventilator once one goes on it. We had a nephew years ago who contracted SARS and came really, really close to dying at age 20. This stuff is nothing to mess with.
Well, something good and something bad...

The bad first -- all will suffer in these bodies, often to death of these bodies.

It's not that some other folks are suffering, and we won't have to suffer....

But the wonderful Good News, praise the Lord, John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that everyone who believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,402.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

istodolez

Jun 7, 2020
Washington
✟24,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I wonder if when COVID invades the circle of family closest to Trump if he will take it seriously. It is a sad fact that too many people don't consider things important until it touches them. If Ivanka were to contract it I believe we would see the US become the leader in doing everything it possibly can to defeat the illness. Social distancing, shutdown, complete re-organization of our economy to help those without work, mask-wearing would be mandatory in all places etc.

As much as I dislike Don Jr. I hope he and his girlfriend come out OK from this.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟907,895.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
You people give Christianity a bad name.

Funny, I thought the people who claimed to be pro-life but then advised people against the life saving measures recommended by experts would gain that title.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Funny, I thought the people who claimed to be pro-life but then advised people against the life saving measures recommended by experts would gain that title.

...or the ones who are more than happy to sacrifice the sick and elderly in order for the CEOs to make a little extra profit.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,864.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
"Masks will not be mandatory for the event, which will be attended by President Trump,” Cain tweeted. “PEOPLE ARE FED UP!”

The actual tweet:

https://twitter.com/THEHermanCain/status/1278444266881273856?s=20
Former GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain hospitalized with Covid-19

“Masks will not be mandatory for the event, which will be attended by President Trump,” Cain tweeted. “PEOPLE ARE FED UP!”

And then he didn't wear one even though they were provided at the rally.
He said nothing of the kind. He did nothing to deserve this hate. It's sick how hating has become a sport these days, just done for the fun of it, it seems.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He said nothing of the kind. He did nothing to deserve this hate. It's sick how hating has become a sport these days, just done for the fun of it, it seems.
Your first link was verbatim for what he said. Did you actually look at your own link?

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
P.S. Anyone know what a username gone black means? Does it mean what I think it means?
Not sure but I think it's same as light blue or light green?

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
He did say it and the link to his own Tweet is right in the post you yourself quoted.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,864.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
He did say it and the link to his own Tweet is right in the post you yourself quoted.
Your first link was verbatim for what he said. Did you actually look at your own link?
Yes, the link is verbatim what he said, and not at all what people in this thread are saying he said.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, the link is verbatim what he said, and not at all what people in this thread are saying he said.
People in this thread (including me, first thing in the OP) copy and pasted from the tweet what he said, verbatim, so I don't know what you're talking about.

Upvote 0