Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No, because I'm an old man and I can't take a punch from some young punk who decides old men are ripe for plucking. Removing guns hasn't solved my problem if I'm still in a violence-prone society.

Is so strange to hear someone worry about this. I can say with honesty that I never worry about this type of thing (young person punch me) happening ever in my life. USA must be very different country to live in. Thank you for information.

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,441,679.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is so strange to hear someone worry about this. I can say with honesty that I never worry about this type of thing (young person punch me) happening ever in my life. USA must be very different country to live in. Thank you for information.

And yet, an innocent man who looks very much like me was beaten to death in Greece not long ago.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,441,679.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Only if you have access to a heavy manufacturing supply chain.

C'mon, you know guns are simple to manufacture at home and simple to smuggle from outside. Even the old Soviets had a severe problem keeping guns out of criminal hands. Prisoners make guns in prison.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
C'mon, you know guns are simple to manufacture at home and simple to smuggle from outside. Even the old Soviets had a severe problem keeping guns out of criminal hands. Prisoners make guns in prison.
I can grow marijuana in my backyard, I can make meth in my kitchen, I can smuggle commercial quantities of illicit drugs into the country in my small intestine. If you think guns of similar quality and quantity re comparably easy to obtain, I don't know what to say.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,441,679.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can grow marijuana in my backyard, I can make meth in my kitchen, I can smuggle commercial quantities of illicit drugs into the country in my small intestine. If you think guns of similar quality and quantity re comparably easy to obtain, I don't know what to say.

If the government has somehow successfully eliminated all other guns (which is science fiction in the first place), then even a 3D printed single-shot pistol becomes the superior weapon.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If the government has somehow successfully eliminated all other guns (which is science fiction in the first place), then even a 3D printed single-shot pistol becomes the superior weapon.
Who's talking about "eliminating all other guns"?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Armoured

Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
In what way, and how would their way of doing so prevent more killing by those same guns (as was the case in Chicago) after they are confiscated?
Australia's murder rates have decreased, gun violence rates have decreased, and there have been no mass shootings for 20 years.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟114,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Australia's murder rates have decreased, gun violence rates have decreased, and there have been no mass shootings for 20 years.

No, I am asking if Australias method of buy back differs from Chicago's 13 years ago when one of the conficated weapens (of that buy back) was used in a murder years later. I was asking how the 2 buy backs of weapons differ as far the potential to recycle the weapons.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Armoured

Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No, I am asking if Australias method of buy back differs from Chicago's 13 years ago when one of the conficated weapens (of that buy back) was used in a murder years later. I was asking how the 2 buy backs of weapons differ as far the potential to recycle the weapons.
The weapon in the Australian buy back were destroyed.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
In what way, and how would their way of doing so prevent more killing by those same guns (as was the case in Chicago) after they are confiscated?

When they are confiscated , destroy them.

Upvote 0