• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

More fuel on the fire...

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by stamperben, Jan 8, 2014.

1. stamperben

stamperben It's an old family tradition

+4,050
    Humanist
    Private
    For those of you following along, there's a blogger, GOPlifer, who has one of the most reasonable voices on the right side of the political spectrum. He's written about a Minimum Income that he believes could rescue the Republican party, in addition to having Republicans Understand their Problems. A couple of days ago he wrote on an Agenda for the Next Generation of Republicans. Today he posts another gem, The Problem with Measuring Poverty. I'll post his ending two sentences and leave the rest for you who are interested in the future, of not only the GOP but the future of the conservative movement and the country as a whole, to peruse the rest.
    An accurate measure of relative poverty over time is highly elusive. Measuring rising inequality may be a more practical way to determine how lifestyles and well-being have changed over time.
    I will add that these ideas of his are not in a vacuum, what with Eric Cantor and Marco Rubio both giving speeches today covering the topics of poverty and income inequality. Now I don't really expect much in terms of hardcore policy from either of these speeches, but as the poet wrote: The times, they are a'changin.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. stamperben

stamperben It's an old family tradition

+4,050
    Humanist
    Private
    Okay, I can see y'all are getting tired of having one of your own point out your problems and offer substantial solutions. But it appears that these solutions Chris Ladd is talking about are gaining momentum on the national scene.

I mentioned in the OP about a speech Marco Rubio was going to give yesterday. Well, Did Sen. Rubio just endorse a minimum income?
    You will have to read the link to see the answer to the question:
    Indeed! The times, they are a'changin!