• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

More from the "Leopards eating people's face" file

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by Armoured, Mar 23, 2017.

1. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+5,699
    Unitarian
    Married
    For all the Quiver-full folk:
    The business tax cuts and A.M.T. abolition don’t leave any room for ordinary American households to receive substantial tax cuts. Both Republican bills do expand family tax credits and reduce the marginal tax rates that most households would face; but they also claw back a lot of revenue in other ways, some of which are targeted at families. For example, the two bills would replace individual tax exemptions with a standard household exemption of twenty-four thousand dollars a year. For small families, this change could be advantageous, but it would hurt families who have a lot of children (and a lot of exemptions). And the expanded tax credits expire in 2022, which makes them far less valuable. Meanwhile, a new way of calculating inflation would gradually push taxpayers of all kinds into higher tax brackets.

2. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+3,161
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    thats your whole rubric?
    So a rapist who is there illegally is a bad person but a rapist who is here LEGALLY is a good person.

Im not sure you thought about the implications of your post there.

3. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+4,146
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    Trump voters have buyer’s remorse in North Carolina focus group

Emily Bell, a 32-year-old occupational therapist who voted for Trump, described him as rude and stressful. “I feel like he told people that he had all these big ideas and big plans, and it just seems to kind of roll to something else. It’s like nothing is ever accomplished,

Melissa Hight, a 62-year-old married retiree who has a postgraduate degree and voted for Trump, used the word “antagonistic” to describe him. “I had high hopes, but he just goes about things in a way that gets everybody’s back up against the wall,” she lamented. “He doesn’t facilitate working together. He comes out with these grandiose ideas, and there’s no follow through. It’s a lot of talk. …

Only one of the 12 participants emerged as an unapologetic defender of the president. Cynthia Layton, a 64-year-old nurse, said she loves Trump’s tweets. “I like him because he talks like my neighbor talks to me,” she explained. “I don’t need an elitist person talking down to me. The media does not give an honest opinion. That’s why I turned off cable 10 years ago. I read my sites. I listen to his tweets.That’s how I hear from him. The media doesn’t tell you what’s going on, so you have to find out what’s going on on your own. … To me, I think his tweets are simply what he honestly feels because he uses white and black language and doesn’t give you all these flowery descriptions about everything. I appreciate that he’s direct and tells it like it is.”

[my emphasis. What's her CF handle, I wonder?]

4. essentialsaltes

+4,146
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
  5. LostMarbels

LostMarbels Follower of Jesus

+1,044
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    ‘No Borders’ Activist Gang Raped By Migrants, Pressured Into Silence To Not ‘Damage Cause’
    English

Original story:
    Attivista stuprata da un migrante«Gli altri mi chiesero di tacere»
    Italian

6. LostMarbels

+1,044
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
  7. LostMarbels

+1,044
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
  8. Nithavela

Nithavela My spell of light blinds the monster!

+6,288
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
  9. essentialsaltes

+4,146
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    The other two articles were also from 2015 and 2016.

(and not so much about regretting a vote)

10. essentialsaltes

+4,146
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    A YEAR IN THE OHIO RIVER VALLEY
    Hard Times in Trump Country
    The Intercept

No link because, well...

Jamie Stewart voted for Donald Trump, but she thinks the president is a “*******.” She doesn’t really love to talk about what he’s doing or why she voted for him.

In a series of interviews that stretched over a year, Stewart was ambivalent when pressed about the president’s accomplishments or any promises he might have kept. “I don’t really pay attention,” she says. “I don’t have time to give a ****.”

Stewart works as a customer service manager at Walmart — though not enough hours to receive benefits or health insurance from her employer. She is raising her 10-year-old autistic son, Wyatt, mostly alone.

Today, she doesn’t regret her decision, nor does she try to justify it or apologize for it. “It just seemed like the best choice,” she says. “Better than Hillary, that’s what everybody was saying, so that’s what we went with. A lot of my family was just like, put anybody in that office other than that *****.”

11. essentialsaltes

+4,146
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
  12. pat34lee

pat34lee Messianic

+2,203
    Messianic
    Single
    Is rape legal?
    My post was only about legal and illegal actions.