United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For all the Quiver-full folk:
The business tax cuts and A.M.T. abolition don’t leave any room for ordinary American households to receive substantial tax cuts. Both Republican bills do expand family tax credits and reduce the marginal tax rates that most households would face; but they also claw back a lot of revenue in other ways, some of which are targeted at families. For example, the two bills would replace individual tax exemptions with a standard household exemption of twenty-four thousand dollars a year. For small families, this change could be advantageous, but it would hurt families who have a lot of children (and a lot of exemptions). And the expanded tax credits expire in 2022, which makes them far less valuable. Meanwhile, a new way of calculating inflation would gradually push taxpayers of all kinds into higher tax brackets.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,193.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
The 'good' people are here legally. Illegal bad.
thats your whole rubric?
So a rapist who is there illegally is a bad person but a rapist who is here LEGALLY is a good person.

Im not sure you thought about the implications of your post there.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Trump voters have buyer’s remorse in North Carolina focus group

Emily Bell, a 32-year-old occupational therapist who voted for Trump, described him as rude and stressful. “I feel like he told people that he had all these big ideas and big plans, and it just seems to kind of roll to something else. It’s like nothing is ever accomplished,

Melissa Hight, a 62-year-old married retiree who has a postgraduate degree and voted for Trump, used the word “antagonistic” to describe him. “I had high hopes, but he just goes about things in a way that gets everybody’s back up against the wall,” she lamented. “He doesn’t facilitate working together. He comes out with these grandiose ideas, and there’s no follow through. It’s a lot of talk. …

Only one of the 12 participants emerged as an unapologetic defender of the president. Cynthia Layton, a 64-year-old nurse, said she loves Trump’s tweets. “I like him because he talks like my neighbor talks to me,” she explained. “I don’t need an elitist person talking down to me. The media does not give an honest opinion. That’s why I turned off cable 10 years ago. I read my sites. I listen to his tweets.That’s how I hear from him. The media doesn’t tell you what’s going on, so you have to find out what’s going on on your own. … To me, I think his tweets are simply what he honestly feels because he uses white and black language and doesn’t give you all these flowery descriptions about everything. I appreciate that he’s direct and tells it like it is.”

[my emphasis. What's her CF handle, I wonder?]

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,444.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
That article is from January 2016. Surprisingly enough, and contrary to a lot of pearl clutching, germany is fine.

The other two articles were also from 2015 and 2016.

(and not so much about regretting a vote)

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
A YEAR IN THE OHIO RIVER VALLEY
Hard Times in Trump Country
The Intercept

No link because, well...

Jamie Stewart voted for Donald Trump, but she thinks the president is a “*******.” She doesn’t really love to talk about what he’s doing or why she voted for him.

In a series of interviews that stretched over a year, Stewart was ambivalent when pressed about the president’s accomplishments or any promises he might have kept. “I don’t really pay attention,” she says. “I don’t have time to give a ****.”

Stewart works as a customer service manager at Walmart — though not enough hours to receive benefits or health insurance from her employer. She is raising her 10-year-old autistic son, Wyatt, mostly alone.

Today, she doesn’t regret her decision, nor does she try to justify it or apologize for it. “It just seemed like the best choice,” she says. “Better than Hillary, that’s what everybody was saying, so that’s what we went with. A lot of my family was just like, put anybody in that office other than that *****.”

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
  • Informative
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
thats your whole rubric?
So a rapist who is there illegally is a bad person but a rapist who is here LEGALLY is a good person.

Im not sure you thought about the implications of your post there.

Is rape legal?
My post was only about legal and illegal actions.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Another Carrier employee (probably one of hundreds who could be listed in this thread)

He tweeted in November that he was “making progress” with Carrier, but nothing came out of it. It turns out that he did nothing but make a bunch of empty promises.

Today, I feel betrayed and deceived — as if President Trump used my pain, and the pain of working class America, simply to win political points.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,683.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Another Carrier employee (probably one of hundreds who could be listed in this thread)

He tweeted in November that he was “making progress” with Carrier, but nothing came out of it. It turns out that he did nothing but make a bunch of empty promises.

Today, I feel betrayed and deceived — as if President Trump used my pain, and the pain of working class America, simply to win political points.
I'm not sure this counts. The thread is about candidates actually doing stuff they promised - and that hurt voters who voted for them. This is just another example of Trump failing at his job.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I'm not sure this counts. The thread is about candidates actually doing stuff they promised - and that hurt voters who voted for them. This is just another example of Trump failing at his job.

Oh poo, you're correct.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,444.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I voted for Trump. Now his wall may destroy my butterfly paradise.

I’m a lifelong Republican who voted for Donald Trump for president in 2016. I want our immigration laws to be enforced, and I don’t want open borders. But Mission is not a dangerous place. I’ve lived here all my life. Here at the National Butterfly Center, 6,000 schoolchildren visit each year. Girl Scouts come here when they camp overnight just a mile or so from the Rio Grande. When the president says there’s a crisis at the border that requires an action as drastic as building a massive concrete wall, he either knows that it’s not true or he’s living in an alternate reality.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I voted for Trump. Now his wall may destroy my butterfly paradise.

I’m a lifelong Republican who voted for Donald Trump for president in 2016. I want our immigration laws to be enforced, and I don’t want open borders. But Mission is not a dangerous place. I’ve lived here all my life. Here at the National Butterfly Center, 6,000 schoolchildren visit each year. Girl Scouts come here when they camp overnight just a mile or so from the Rio Grande. When the president says there’s a crisis at the border that requires an action as drastic as building a massive concrete wall, he either knows that it’s not true or he’s living in an alternate reality.

I have sympathy for the butterflies and schoolchildren. He voted to lose his job, so if that happens my message to him: sorry bout your luck.

Upvote 0