More Fellowship with Soph and Friends (200)

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
duckduckgo is the safer search engine , I use it
I use it to search for information that is religious or political but for finding parts and shopping and information about other things I use google but when it comes to shopping they may be the best because they cover more but the way it is organized and you can set filters is nowhere near optimal. I've told the shopping search to remove certain results and it doesn't, I've said search for X and got X,Y, and Z. In other words google throws in extra junk that makes it harder to find specifics. Their integration with stuff is clumsy at times instead of directly sending you to a website on the right page you end up at the website and have to use their search to find the item again. It also doesn't track shipping charges and other fees either. I've seen a lot of items listed as local but only the store was local they were just being a portal for other online retailers to go though and you have to buy the item through their portal and have it shipped at an additional cost and wait for it to either be at the store or at home.
Google is often just plain overload. A search gets a dozen good hits and 10,000 junk ones with some ending up on the first page even.
I use the image search often as results end up just mentioning something by the words in separate places or the item is a different item but they mention the item you want. When I want something locally they make it difficult to find it and just it, should take a few minutes but you end up having to fumble though a whole page of junk to find it all the sponsored stuff not being relevant to what you want in the way.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
A nicer day after it rained again late last night. Likely when the rain is gone for the majority of the time it will get miserably hot and humid here seems we are back to more normal weather here while other places in the country are in a drought and the "climate" change people are giddy over the drought there when they were giddy over the drought here 10 years ago we had and ignoring the weather now.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
Spring is still hanging on here likely it will go to the 90s when it stops raining just to spite us
We are supposed to have an heat wave for the next few days where the weather will be around 90 degrees.
a little cooler here at mid 80s the next few days and then rain for a week perhaps from 20-50% or so

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jul 26, 2005
somewhere over the rainbow
✟372,126.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
194216432_337546527731078_6289790082372322146_n.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.