Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Adelaide Archbishop Philip Wilson to face trial over alleged abuse cover-up

Royal Commission delivers withering criticism of Melbourne Archdiocese

Category: | Herald Sun

The sad truth is that while the Royal Commission into child sexuall abuse has produced an avalanche of evidence, it is the perpetrators who have been ultimately convicted, while those who conspired to corrupt justice and cover up these crimes have not. Not a single conviction. Each high ranking church offical, including Cardinal Pell and Archbishop Wilson, have stated they knew nothing of the perpetual rapes that their clergy inflicted on young children over prolonged periods. Although possible, to the average person its hard to reason that such crimes, and the subsequent movemnts of clergy to other precincts, were not known to church heirarchy. If my suspicions are true, does it not mean that even at this point, cover-up is continued; and that the remorse expressed is hollow when it's most respected members are suspected of outright lies.

Are we now convinced though that all is changed and that such practices could not now occur? Within the Catholic Church can the use of canon law still be used as a justification for lack of action as been shown across the world in child abuse investigations.

The answer is yes with monthly more recent conviction of clergy rape and sexual predation. I know for myself that the ones trusted, can be the ones to fear the most.

Below is just a fraction of what has happened this year

Fiji Pastor Convicted Of Multiple Counts Of Rape, Indecent Assault | Pacific Islands Report
Bellingham ex-youth pastor sentenced for ‘unforgivable’ sex abuse of teen girl
Pentecostal pastor convicted for having sex with 13-y-o
Oregon Court of Appeals upholds pastor's child sex abuse conviction
Thornton church pastor gets prison for sexual assault of 13-year-old girl – The Denver Post
Judge: Former pastor abused his authority in sexual battery of teenage boy
Assistant pastor gets 13 years in prison for sexual assault on girl
Former youth pastor of Poland church convicted in sex assault of teen
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...charged-with-series-of-sex-assaults-1.4321864
http://www.13newsnow.com/news/local...yee-to-serve-10-years-for-sex-crime/482231827
http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/...entecostal-pastor-convicted-having-sex-13-y-o
http://wtnh.com/2017/07/10/new-haven-pastor-sentenced-to-three-years-in-jail/
http://www.cleveland19.com/story/36...-indicted-for-trafficking-young-girls-for-sex

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Adelaide Archbishop Philip Wilson to face trial over alleged abuse cover-up

Royal Commission delivers withering criticism of Melbourne Archdiocese

Category: | Herald Sun

The sad truth is that while the Royal Commission into child sexuall abuse has produced an avalanche of evidence, it is the perpetrators who have been ultimately convicted, while those who conspired to corrupt justice and cover up these crimes have not. Not a single conviction. Each high ranking church offical, including Cardinal Pell and Archbishop Wilson, have stated they knew nothing of the perpetual rapes that their clergy inflicted on young children over prolonged periods. Although possible, to the average person its hard to reason that such crimes, and the subsequent movemnts of clergy to other precincts, were not known to church heirarchy. If my suspicions are true, does it not mean that even at this point, cover-up is continued; and that the remorse expressed is hollow when it's most respected members are suspected of outright lies.

Are we now convinced though that all is changed and that such practices could not now occur? Within the Catholic Church can the use of canon law still be used as a justification for lack of action as been shown across the world in child abuse investigations.

The answer is yes with monthly more recent conviction of clergy rape and sexual predation. I know for myself that the ones trusted, can be the ones to fear the most.

Below is just a fraction of what has happened this year

Fiji Pastor Convicted Of Multiple Counts Of Rape, Indecent Assault | Pacific Islands Report
Bellingham ex-youth pastor sentenced for ‘unforgivable’ sex abuse of teen girl
Oregon Court of Appeals upholds pastor's child sex abuse conviction
Thornton church pastor gets prison for sexual assault of 13-year-old girl – The Denver Post
Judge: Former pastor abused his authority in sexual battery of teenage boy
Assistant pastor gets 13 years in prison for sexual assault on girl
Former youth pastor of Poland church convicted in sex assault of teen
B.C. pastor, wife charged in series of sex assaults
Former youth pastor to serve 10 years for sex crime
New Haven pastor sentenced to three years in jail
3 Ohio pastors facing life in prison; indicted for trafficking young girls for sex
There is no excuse for those who claim not to know. My dad knew because his did roof repairs on churches all his life and it was visible to anyone watching.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
There is no excuse for those who claim not to know. My dad knew because his did roof repairs on churches all his life and it was visible to anyone watching.

He would have done better to pull those roofs down...

Upvote 0